Thread: Electricity: INCREASE in May

Default Electricity: INCREASE in May

http://www-usa.laprensa.com.ni/archi...a/256819.shtml

The Director of the "Instituto Nicaragüense de Energía" (INE) has announced that come the month of MAY there will be an increase in electricity bills of 2%-3%. This increase will only apply to consumers of 150kwh per month or more, which they say apparently leans more towards companies and businesses, rather than residences.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles View Post
    http://www-usa.laprensa.com.ni/archi...a/256819.shtml

The Director of the "Instituto Nicaragüense de Energía" (INE) has announced that come the month of MAY there will be an increase in electricity bills of 2%-3%. This increase will only apply to consumers of 150kwh per month or more, which they say apparently leans more towards companies and businesses, rather than residences.
    I think they are wrong about it mainly applying to only companies and businesses.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

damn. but heck, my insurance here in good ol fla just went up 8% without claims. cant wait to hear what some judge says when i tell them that my hourly rates had to go up by 20% because every other damn thing here did!

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TermnalVee View Post
    damn. but heck, my insurance here in good ol fla just went up 8% without claims. cant wait to hear what some judge says when i tell them that my hourly rates had to go up by 20% because every other damn thing here did!
    WHAT? Your services are on price controls?...In Fla, and or Nica?

Dam I am going to have to check on my fee rates, I could use a raise as well....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    WHAT? Your services are on price controls?...In Fla, and or Nica?

Dam I am going to have to check on my fee rates, I could use a raise as well....

not price controls, judicial control/review. when fees are awarded by statute of contract, the judge must rule on the reasonableness of the number of hours and the hourly rate. most of the time, FL judges cut you down some, which is why many unscrupulous hacks up their rates and inflate their bills in anticipation. yet another reason i have little respect for my "colleagues"