Thread: "A Real Nicaragua Surf Report- Playa Colorado" video

Default "A Real Nicaragua Surf Report- Playa Colorado" video

We witnessed the same conditions as this video recently at Playa Colorado (Iguana Beach). Very crowded surfing.

[yt]NATPPiof8jc[/yt]
    Last edited by tresfrijoles; 05-10-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: fixed video

Its pretty funny how much surf tourism is coming into the country, while the accessibility to the surf is still fairly low, and there are ridiculous crowds when its rideable.

...and can someone tell me why a surf camp would open in Masachapa? I think the waves are better on the North East US coast!

Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles View Post
    Its pretty funny how much surf tourism is coming into the country, while the accessibility to the surf is still fairly low, and there are ridiculous crowds when its rideable.

...and can someone tell me why a surf camp would open in Masachapa? I think the waves are better on the North East US coast!
    If the waves are not good eventually surfers will go to Rivas...
    Dios es Amor!

I don’t think surf tourism is a bad thing and I don’t think a few surf camps or surf tours alone would have attracted this many people to Playa Colorado/Iguana Beach and done this much damage. Lots of nice people around on our recent trip, just too many packed in to one place at the same time for anybody to have any fun surfing.

The economy doesn’t seem to have slowed down the influx of the surfing crowd there and a recession hasn’t put a damper on the internet hype with glossy photos and videos and daily reports and surfer-vacation-rental houses. I doubt if other parts of Nicaragua are seeing this rate of tourist growth because the surfer internet promotion is focused mainly on this area.

Unfortunately the property where we had planned to start a retirement casa next year is located in midst of this silliness at Playa Colorado so it was a discouraging trip. My husband and I thought we’d have a few good years living and surfing there (because it’s hard to get to, and because the waves aren’t really that good) and we’ve been working and saving to build a little casita.

A lot has changed in the 4 years since our last visit and it’s disappointing because there are so many things that we love about the area, and enjoy about Nicaragua. But the main motive has always been to catch a few waves without fighting with a crowd and so sadly, those retirement plans are changing.

Banned
    In Between Managua, Nicaragua and Doral, Florida

Default Nicaraguan Women Jailed as sex slaves

I made this video of a know ring of Nicaraguan women slaves

and recorded it...here and posted it on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/user/jgiraldezb

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "A Real Nicaragua Surf Report- Playa Colorado" video

People can say what they want, but so far You are OK,.......In my book...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Banned

Default Nicaraguan Women Jailed as sex slaves

Yeah sometimes folks get anal, but have gotten similar replies from others on here. Gracias by the way...
    Sometimes you need to have a little fun once in awhile especially as we see our investments shrink down to almost nothing,

Waking up today and seeing the transport halt to a stop, what else can go wrong! No exports, how do we expect to make money? what are we suppose to do with what we have in stock!

I am really thinking about flushing everything down the toliet and opening and tending Bar. Maybe with the Western theme. Cowboy bar! got any of em down in Port John?

Look for something small downtown for me will ya....you can tie your horse out front.

Banned

Default Nicaraguan Sex slaves

Okay now we can have some fun...Here is the inside! Which one of these folks most resemble YOU. I guess I can be the one in the blue jacket. John you look like the guy at the bar next to the gal.

I guess it can be built on mid stilts., If I can remember correctly it floods in town.