Thread: Just another day in Nicaland...

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Just another day in Nicaland...

I smile more in Nicaragua than I ever did back in the States. Okay, sometimes it's an "I think I'm going crazy" smile, but mostly it's just the enjoyment of life in this crazy place. The people are as warm as the weather, and you really never know what's gonna happen next.

Roger took the day off from the finca today and helped me stock up on the dog's weekly bone supply (50 to 70 pounds of pork neck bones are much easier to haul in the car!). While waiting in a very busy meat market area, a fellow sneezed. 'Course I said "salud". He smiled and asked "How do you say that in English?"

Turns out this fella speaks great English, just moved here from Costa Rica, and has started a new business doing metal work. He learned his trade in California and spent time working in Cost Rica, but is now back in his home country trying to make a living. Talk about great timing!

I have designed the bars for the windows at the finca, but really need to talk to someone about the design, does it need to be tweaked, how much more/less dinero if we change this or that, etc, etc, etc. An English-speaking, US-trained fella is just what I'm looking for! Icing on the cake, he's living in Nandaime, just off the Car Sur. Roger goes right past the house on the way to the finca every day!

Sure hope he does good work, 'cause we've got lots of windows!
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Cool window design kind of like Gothic.
    Dios es Amor!

I see you are reflecting the design of your homes into the window with the hexagon, nice touch.

Now will you be running some voltage through those bars?

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    I smile more in Nicaragua than I ever did back in the States. Okay, sometimes it's an "I think I'm going crazy" smile, but mostly it's just the enjoyment of life in this crazy place. The people are as warm as the weather, and you really never know what's gonna happen next.

Roger took the day off from the finca today and helped me stock up on the dog's weekly bone supply (50 to 70 pounds of pork neck bones are much easier to haul in the car!). While waiting in a very busy meat market area, a fellow sneezed. 'Course I said "salud". He smiled and asked "How do you say that in English?"

Turns out this fella speaks great English, just moved here from Costa Rica, and has started a new business doing metal work. He learned his trade in California and spent time working in Cost Rica, but is now back in his home country trying to make a living. Talk about great timing!

I have designed the bars for the windows at the finca, but really need to talk to someone about the design, does it need to be tweaked, how much more/less dinero if we change this or that, etc, etc, etc. An English-speaking, US-trained fella is just what I'm looking for! Icing on the cake, he's living in Nandaime, just off the Car Sur. Roger goes right past the house on the way to the finca every day!

Sure hope he does good work, 'cause we've got lots of windows!
    Pork neck bones? me and your dogs gonna fight.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Active TRN Member
    Blog Entries

Hey M........... that looks nice but if it's for security it's useless..... Unless ofcourse you put a pound of bones just in front of the windows and one of them there hounds behind that design.........

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles View Post
    I see you are reflecting the design of your homes into the window with the hexagon, nice touch.

Now will you be running some voltage through those bars?
    Please be carefull when you do that...I nearly burned the roof of my house one time....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Yeah, the design is simply to make the place look good. Security is already being handled with my dogs and my guns.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."