Thread: Eggs a substitute for Meat and beans?

Default Eggs a substitute for Meat and beans?

http://www.canal2tv.com/Noticias/vid...io%20Huevo.wmv

This video report talks about how eggs are becoming the next best thing to eating Beans and Meat.

Eggs may have gone up in price themselves but they do not cost as much as a pound of meat or chicken. The video interviews a handful of people that are talking about all the ways you can prepare an egg. A few mention the cholesterol from an egg, but the cholesterol seems to be less of an issue to getting your daily intake of protien.

Blog Entries

Soon there will be a video declaring dirt the next best thing to meat, it is cheap & readily available, plus none of the cholesterol issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Soon there will be a video declaring dirt the next best thing to meat, it is cheap & readily available, plus none of the cholesterol issues.
    I heard the FSLN was going to Nationalize dirt, and redistribute it to the FSLN party members!

Egg whites are the best protein
    Dios es Amor!

Chinese Pork fried rice (with the egg peices in there) could become the new Gallo Pinto of Nicaragua, of course minus the Pork

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    You are joking but things are soooo bad in Haiti that they are baking with dirt as an ingredient

http://www.el-universal.com.mx/internacional/56726.html
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    You are joking but things are soooo bad in Haiti that they are baking with dirt as an ingredient

http://www.el-universal.com.mx/internacional/56726.html
    I heard about that! dirt cookies, things are bad everywhere....
    Dios es Amor!

Default how

Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles View Post
    A few mention the cholesterol from an egg, but the cholesterol seems to be less of an issue to getting your daily intake of protien.
    how much does a person need in protien? not too much i'd think? i suspect usanos get too much?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    how much does a person need in protien? not too much i'd think? i suspect usanos get too much?
    About 50 grams (roughly 2 ounces). A little more if you work out.

And yes, most usanos get far too much, but it tastes better than lettuce, so there you go.
    Last edited by El Doc; 06-19-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Ortega told me to, and I don't want no problems.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Default cereal

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    About 50 grams (roughly 2 ounces). A little more if you work out.

And yes, most usanos get far too much, but it tastes better than lettuce, so there you go.
    cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch and whatever my wife wants for dinner....saw some study today, lower fat, reduced chance of cancer....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch and whatever my wife wants for dinner....saw some study today, lower fat, reduced chance of cancer....
    One of the questions patients ask on almost every office visit is, "what can I eat?" It may be to loose weight, control their diabetes, or just to look better. There is a simple rule I pass along.

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

The modern food industry has pervereted the idea of nutrition into grams of this, and milligrams of that, but that's not really how the body works. We don't really have any idea what the ideal intake is for any given substance. Your grandmother knew more about nutrition than most doctors today. What was true then is true today.

Eat food, as in eat things that you recognize. If you can't tell what something is made out of without reading the ingredients list, or if you can't pronounce something on that list, it's not really food.

Not too much. There's a reason why there are so many commercials on TV after 8 p.m. for indigestion, heartburn, acid reflux disease, constipation, etc. They know that's the hour when your body starts to hurt from the crap you ingested at dinner. If you had too much, that just compounds the problem. 3 meals a day is not really a healthy way to eat either. You're much better off using the system JPJW mentioned (breakfast, lunch, and grog for dinner), or divide your meals up in to 5-6 smaller meals per day.

Mostly plants. I'm as much a carnivore as anyone, but the fact is our bodies were not made to digest so much meat. And milk is just beef in another form, so you don't get a pass for yogurt.

The system I teach my diabetic patients (there are more and more every year) is to imagine your plate as one of those styrofoam picnic plates with the dividers. The big section that makes up half the plate, should be plants. Crunchy, not overcooked plants that still look like plants. One of the little sections that make up a quarter of the plate is for your starchy carbohydrate stuff; potatoes, rice, plantains, etc. The other little quarter section is for your meat, not overcooked and never fried. It's a simple rule of thumb that applies to everyone, not just diabetics. I admit, I'm pretty bad at following it myself, but it's about what your body was built to handle.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My óle farmer Grandma started that... reasoning? your stomach needs a rest at night too...and she professed the very same things about plenty of plants....specialy turnip and collard greens....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

I'm impressed that there are so many species that can survive by eating only one food item 90% of the time. I figure, like Doc says, eat "real food" that tastes good. There's a reason things taste good to us. If Brussels Sprouts taste like swamp gas to you, don't eat the stupid things.

Is man the only species that consumes the glandular secretions of other mammals? Milk, to be exact?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Is man the only species that consumes the glandular secretions of other mammals? Milk, to be exact?
    Yes, unless you count the flies that hang around the milking stalls.

It can be argued that milk has saved millions of lives over the centuries. The gene that allows us to digest milk is not universal nor has it always been with us. It is a clear survival advantage during a drought to be able to hydrate on milk, while those with lactose intolerance (i.e., an absence of the gene) would get diarrhea and die. Also, before refrigeration, a lactating cow was a good way to store your fat and protein supplement drink.

Be that as it may, I'm a firm believer in the rule established by Dr. Spock (the pediatrician, not the Star Trek guy). "Cow's milk is for baby cows." It was created for a specific purpose; to rapidly turn a 100 pound calf into a 1 ton cow. While I enjoy cheese with my food, and cream in my coffee, I don't recommend anyone drink it whole.

Blog Entries

Are we not also the only species (other than flies) that consume milk past infancy?

I'm a milk drinker and cheese lover, in moderation of course, but it does seem odd that we consume it at all.

Blog Entries

Are we not also the only species (other than flies) that consume milk past infancy?
    Well, Eskimos traditionally nurse all the way to adolescence (thought that practice is disappearing faster than the polar bears).

Other than that, no. We're the only mammals that drink milk past infancy. We're also the only mammals that are toatlly dependent on our parents for several years.

We're unique in many respects.

Default hahahahahahaha

John wrote:

I don't know if you were trying to be funny or just graphic but man, I busted a gut on that one! But I will tell you what.... you can take my gun, my dog, and even my fricking incandescent light bulbs but I'll be g*ddamned the day I have to put orange juice or water on my corn flakes!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Oh, hell yeah! Them's fightin' words. Cereal is the only meal I'm good at making.

There's always soy milk.

Oh, hell yeah! Them's fightin' words. Cereal is the only meal I'm good at making.

There's always soy milk.
    Yeah, yeah... and there's alcohol-free beer! Try telling that to JW!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    Yeah, yeah... and there's alcohol-free beer! Try telling that to JW!!!!
    That reminds me of a Monty Python saying.

"It's like sex in a canoe."

"F*cking close to water!"

Default I have an idea....

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    Yes, unless you count the flies that hang around the milking stalls.

It can be argued that milk has saved millions of lives over the centuries. The gene that allows us to digest milk is not universal nor has it always been with us. It is a clear survival advantage during a drought to be able to hydrate on milk, while those with lactose intolerance (i.e., an absence of the gene) would get diarrhea and die. Also, before refrigeration, a lactating cow was a good way to store your fat and protein supplement drink.

Be that as it may, I'm a firm believer in the rule established by Dr. Spock (the pediatrician, not the Star Trek guy). "Cow's milk is for baby cows." It was created for a specific purpose; to rapidly turn a 100 pound calf into a 1 ton cow. While I enjoy cheese with my food, and cream in my coffee, I don't recommend anyone drink it whole.
    Maybe we could employ all those LI people and feed them lots of mammal glandular secretions then collect the ensuing gases for running generators! I bet the ratio of energy in vs energy out would be better than with corn ethanol!

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

JMc, you sound like Chuck Conners in that movie Soyent Green.....

But I like the way your thinking, I think it is a good direction, It cant be worse than many of the other roads mankind has been down....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    JMc, you sound like Chuck Conners in that movie Soyent Green.....

But I like the way your thinking, I think it is a good direction, It cant be worse than many of the other roads mankind has been down....
    It's people! Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!