Thread: DSB Aug 15...08

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default DSB Aug 15...08

August 15, 2008

Puerto Cabezas

The excitement continues here with the flow of materials onto shore with landing craft shuttling trucks with play ground equipment, lumber and other things to complete the project that they have at hand.

Yesterday I continued with my clean up project, of burning trash that has for years been discarded on the beach.

The sun was most evidently taking a toll on some of the men from the ship as they handled their duties.

Since the thatch for the roof of the palapa will not be on sight until sometime later, and must dry for a week before being applied, we had a great structure for a tarp or something to give the guys a break from the sun.

The guys took some camouflaged netting and my crew put it on the roof, tied poles to the uprights for places to sit and all was well with the shade until?

Who knows, but probably someone thought that it was not a good idea to put the netting upon a civilian structure. Ha! They then hung it over two of their trucks and gave them a bit of cover from the sun.

In the center of the town the CBee attachment is cleaning the park, making repairs to existing park equipment and installing new playground thingies for the children.

Walking to Gaston’s, there were these two older gentlemen in deep conversation. Most usually I talk with one of them every morning and so stopped to visit for a spell. The conversation was of the things the Americans were doing, the goodness of it and the lack of goodness from their own government.

The locals are taking note!

Down south…….Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you notice the only one bearing arms are the Nicaraguans...

I guess the make sure the unarmed humanitarian workers from the Armed Services of the free world don´t F*ck up.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...