Thread: Can anybody guess?

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Can anybody guess?

I know, but does anyone else?

Doesnt seem to have a name......

It is cleaned up, but Dam and not the river kind.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    I know, but does anyone else?

Doesnt seem to have a name......

It is cleaned up, but Dam and not the river kind.....
    Is that your friend miskito Alan, I know he was very dear to you.
    Dios es Amor!

Blog Entries

Yes it is, this is where the King lies.......

Ya know we all got together and completed the house he had started for his family and is shown in other posts.

And his Widow Marisol took the old wooden shack they had been living in in the interem and made three apartments to rent out of them, on this and selling used clothes and other things she has done in the line of making a living for her and the boy, who is doing fine considering......

That next March of 2007 she leased the sandwich shop out to a business man, for $300.00 dollars a month on a two year contract, and the money has to this day not been touched......

She wishes to reopen it the comeing March with the capitol from it's rental.

Several of Miskito Alans friends have sent her and Jefert 50 or 100 dollars two or three times for the year, and I will not mention names but they know who they are and so do I, and I thank the Lord for them doing that.....

But now what I want to ask, is that Hey, let's all buy Miskito Alan a couple of drinks, and put a plack of some nature over his tomb....

Speaking on a I would think a given, John, can do as we did before with the house construction, and recieve and forward any donations, and if someone is in Managua to have the plack made and sent here, I will surely install it, and send pictures to all......

Any input?.......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Hey John, I don't know about Managua, but I do know places here in Granada that do the kind of plaques I think you mean. We have had several done for the schools etc. for new classrooms and that sort of thing. I can organize one here if you want. If you let me know the size you are thinking would be appropriate, and the wording, I can get a quote for you.
    smiling is good - being happy helps - give a hand up not a handout

Blog Entries

OK, fine but do lets think of a stone carving of some nature, the thieves are looking for metals to steal to sell for scrap....

Blog Entries

OK, fine but do lets think of a stone carving of some nature, the thieves are looking for metals to steal to sell for scrap....
    I noticed. Every manhole and drainage sump is wide open.

Sad. Seems wherever crystal meth goes, the metal disappears.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    I noticed. Every manhole and drainage sump is wide open.

Sad. Seems wherever crystal meth goes, the metal disappears.
    That's been the case since (I'd guess) the 1980s. The sidewalks of Esteli are a major hazard to twisted ankles due to the missing water meter covers.

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default they do some pretty

good work here in Esteli, I can make a stone type of plaque with his name on it, and take it with me,when I make it down by land(Truck) to PC

JP, count me in for a donation toward the cause. just let me know who is gonna head it up and how to send money (western union, moneygram etc.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    good work here in Esteli, I can make a stone type of plaque with his name on it, and take it with me,when I make it down by land(Truck) to PC
    GREAT...now what we gonna put on it?

Active TRN Member

Count me in for $50 bucks towards a permanent memorial (stone/fence) or ceremony expenses.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

Blog Entries

Default Count me in

JW Count me in. I seen the picture of MA and the little boy and it choked me up pretty bad. Where do I send some money? I will do it right now.

Maybe consult the wife and kid about what they would like on it.

I can't believe you have meth problem there. That is some nasty ****.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    JW Count me in. I seen the picture of MA and the little boy and it choked me up pretty bad. Where do I send some money? I will do it right now.

Maybe consult the wife and kid about what they would like on it.

I can't believe you have meth problem there. That is some nasty ****.
    I will ask Mari....And THANKS everyone....

And to be honest I would not know a Meth addict from a Glue sniffer....It's all bad from the human scarifices I see sometimes....

Blog Entries

For those not close to Port, the "Donate" button at the bottom works, and what's collected can by sent economically by Moneygram. That's how we collected for Alan's family the first time around.

Count me in. I'll send it via John if needed before I am back

in Port late February.

Why only beer swilling smilies??

We need an FDC special.
    Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries
    to rich people in poor countries.

Blog Entries

Oh, how I wish I knew how to make my own smilies!

Blog Entries

I started to draw my hurricane proof casa on Autocad today and realised my idea was not perfect. Can you get 24' pressure treated 12" timbers on Little Corn Island? One might be better to make a brick factory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    I started to draw my hurricane proof casa on Autocad today and realised my idea was not perfect. Can you get 24' pressure treated 12" timbers on Little Corn Island? One might be better to make a brick factory.
    Not likely. LCT's been agonizing over the available materials there, too. Apparently you can get cement but not the sand aggregate, so they dig up sand from the beach, (hopefully) wash the salt and organic matter out of it, and mix it on site. And concrete blocks come by boat.

Blog Entries

Most beach sand I seen is so fine, but I have seen so many kinds. I bet many of the beaches I have been on in my life had imported sand anyway. One might make a little money just running barges of stuff to the island, or is that sustainable? You know me, always looking for a buck

Blog Entries

Default There is a guy on Little Corn ...

who has built a lot of the structures there.

Then there is my caretaker and they are the best of friends. Both are excellent fellows ...so far.

They both seem to feel that the most economical way to build on my site is for the cement blocks to be built on site. I would much rather do this as it puts more money in hands of the locals. Not to mention the logistics of hauling only cement to the site rather than a bunch of cement blocks.

It's the accounting for this that gets murky. There are just so many ways to get ****ed in absentia that I really do not think that I can give the go ahead for block building if I am not there and on site. The thievery and lack of attention to details like washing the sand and the proper mix of cement to sand and whatever just makes me crazy. I really think that there is just no reason to build anything until I am there to watch it from start to finish.

By the way .... very smart people like Marlies and Cookshow have told me the same thing.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

My 2 cents LCT, THEY ARE RIGHT, and unless you are on the site you will not be a happy camper in most cases.....

Blog Entries

I believe I would be concerned if the structures core materials were not constructed in my presence in this case. Some of the problems that could result from improper mixtures and shoddy prep could show after construction. The product liability is a little better in some countries, but then you pay for that.