Thread: Ernesto Cardenal being Politically Persecuted

Default Ernesto Cardenal being Politically Persecuted

[yt]OVZCytduhBE[/yt][yt]Nutx1YDXxnE[/yt]

The very famous poet and once Sandinista leader claims that he is being Politically persecuted by Daniel Ortega. Cardenal is currently in Mexico promoting his latest work, and on CNN Espanol made claims that Daniel Ortega is trying to get revenge on him. The Nicaraguan government has frozen 3 of his bank accounts and has a prison sentence awaiting him on return to Nicaragua.

The case stems from a court order for Cardenal to pay a German businessman, Inmanuel Zerger, 20,000 cordobas for slander against him, these two apparently have a land dispute issue. Cardenal claims that this is a case of Daniel Ortega trying to get even with him for speaking out against the government.

Ernesto Cardenal says that the government of Daniel Ortega is nothing like any other Left leaning government in the Americas. Daniel Ortega's government is a family style dictatorship. He says that many in Nicaragua also do not believe that Daniel Ortega is the only one responsible for this, it is Rosario Murillo as well.

This 83 year old poet says that he does not only fear imprisonment, he believes that something even worse could be done, however he is afraid to say exactly what he believes may happen.

He says that He supports Chavez,Fidel,Bolivia, and all leftist; I don't like the old man.
    Dios es Amor!

Blog Entries

Carmen Aristegui was driven off the air in Mexico because she wouldn't tote the PAN party line. I'm glad to see she got another gig on CNN. She was the only person on TV that had the nads to speak out against the fraudulent election of Felipe Calderon and his continuing efforts to hand over Mexico's oil to international oil companies.

I guess she was too popular to assasinate like so many other journalists in Mexico.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Cardenal is a menshevik, everybody knows the mensheviks are invited to the party but don't make it past auld lang syne, as they get the hatchet from behind. I do recommend his Revolucion Perdida, a great memoir; its very simple Spanish makes it easy for us Gringos. But isn't that nearly the same title as Trotsky's dirty laundry book, and uh, Trotsky, well...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterchristopher View Post
    Cardenal is a menshevik, everybody knows the mensheviks are invited to the party but don't make it past auld lang syne, as they get the hatchet from behind. I do recommend his Revolucion Perdida, a great memoir; its very simple Spanish makes it easy for us Gringos. But isn't that nearly the same title as Trotsky's dirty laundry book, and uh, Trotsky, well...
    Trotsky also went into exile (and was murdered) in Mexico.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Blog Entries

He sure is a funny looking guy
    Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    He sure is a funny looking guy
    And the clothes. I can smell him through the computer.

God, whatever you do, don't show me his feet. For the love of God, not the feet.

I hate DOS just as much as the next guy, but it sounds like he lost a lawsuit and didn't pay up. Only sea plankton truly understand the Nicaraguan legal system, but freezing his bank accounts seem like a logical next step. Prison? Ah, who cares.

The way I look at it, FSLN and the MRS are the same damn thing.

Ernesto Cardenal whom is now an MRS member, is full of himself and is only fearful of what they will do to him and not anyone else.

I can't stand it when poets and artists are all full of themselves and speak for "the people", and thats what this guy does and has done through his poetry and other bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdial View Post
    And the clothes. I can smell him through the computer.

God, whatever you do, don't show me his feet. For the love of God, not the feet.

I hate DOS just as much as the next guy, but it sounds like he lost a lawsuit and didn't pay up. Only sea plankton truly understand the Nicaraguan legal system, but freezing his bank accounts seem like a logical next step. Prison? Ah, who cares.
    Now I'm not sea plankton yet and I certainly dont understand the Nicaraguan legal system anymore than most, but what I learned from a couple of lawsuits " demandas" in the early nineties is " it's not how much you pay the juez it's who pays first" after all they do have ethics. Without a code of ethics the whole thing would break down for cryin out loud!