Thread: El Salvador Asamblea speak out against Daniel Ortega

Default El Salvador Asamblea speak out against Daniel Ortega

http://impreso.elnuevodiario.com.ni/...politica/88021

"The Legislative Assembly of the Republic of El Salvador can not remain silent showing tolerance for intolerance, persecution and institutionalized violence..." read one of the statements made yesterday at El Salvador's Legislative Assembly.

The legislators are strongly asking the Government of Nicaragua to stop persecuting the people and they are asking that the "Comisión Interamericana de Derechos Humanos" (CIDH) continue with the investigation into the sexual abuse by Daniel Ortega to his step daughter, Zoilamerica Navarez.

The womens groups of El Salvador are strongly urging the President of El Salvador and the Asamblea to declare Ortega Non-Grata so that he may not attend the Ibero-American Summit next week, to be held in the country.

Blog Entries

This is finally coming to a head.

Let's hope it doesn't get much worse before it gets better.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

This kind of fits into this, I suppose Daniel Ortega will be canceling as well.

http://www.laprensa.com.ni/archivo/2...a/291320.shtml

President of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez, has canceled his visit to El Salvador next week for the "XVIII Cumbre Iberoamericana" Summit, because officials can not guarantee his life.

He has received information that some sort of Venezuelan militia group may try to attack him while in El Salvador. He says that many of these militia groups are scattered around Central America being protected by several governments and the CIA.

Blog Entries

One day he's going to wake up and realize that without the (Evil)US, he would not have the CIA as an excuse for his failures. He needs America. He wouldn't exist without some kind of bogeyman to rebel against.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    One day he's going to wake up and realize that without the (Evil)US, he would not have the CIA as an excuse for his failures. He needs America. He wouldn't exist without some kind of bogeyman to rebel against.
    I don't know about that, John. You have to admit, the CIA has been meddling in the affairs of Latin America since its inception. Funny thing is, it rarely sides with the democratically elected leaders (and helped overthrow several) and has no problem supporting dictators, fascists or death squads. Chavez has reason to be concerned about the CIA killing him. Regime change in Venezuela is the publicly stated policy of the current administration. The fact that they supported the 2002 coup doesn't hurt his argument either.

A little intellectual honesty, on all sides, would be a good thing right now. I'm convinced that DOS wouldn't have the support he has now were it not for all the outside meddling. Remember what the mobs in Leon were saying as they were beating the opposition protestors? "You're CIA!"

Justified or not, it would be a lot harder to convince them of that had it not been for the past and current history of U.S. involvement in Latin American politics.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Waiting on HC!
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    Waiting on HC!
    When he wakes from his drunken stupor, I'm sure he'll just call me a fag and congratulate himself on another brilliant argument.

Default as obama would say, "just words?"

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    When he wakes from his drunken stupor, I'm sure he'll just call me a fag and congratulate himself on another brilliant argument.
    as my dear liberal momma would say, "it's not right or wrong, just different." drunken stupor, is that wrong?

brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    I don't know about that, John. You have to admit, the CIA has been meddling in the affairs of Latin America since its inception. Funny thing is, it rarely sides with the democratically elected leaders (and helped overthrow several) and has no problem supporting dictators, fascists or death squads. Chavez has reason to be concerned about the CIA killing him. Regime change in Venezuela is the publicly stated policy of the current administration. The fact that they supported the 2002 coup doesn't hurt his argument either.

A little intellectual honesty, on all sides, would be a good thing right now. I'm convinced that DOS wouldn't have the support he has now were it not for all the outside meddling. Remember what the mobs in Leon were saying as they were beating the opposition protestors? "You're CIA!"

Justified or not, it would be a lot harder to convince them of that had it not been for the past and current history of U.S. involvement in Latin American politics.
    Doc First, I don"t drink, which you can verify if you get to Granada. Second, your sexual preferences are your own business. As to your blaming every problem anywhere, anytime on the U.S. that is an obsession. THE U.S. DID IT THE U.S. DID IT THE US DID IT! is not only intellectually dishonest, it has become quite tedious. Always the same shrill, anti-american scream- from Toni Solo, fyl, the dictators of the world- and you. Your a one trick pony, Doc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by howard cox View Post
    Doc First, I don"t drink, which you can verify if you get to Granada. Second, your sexual preferences are your own business. As to your blaming every problem anywhere, anytime on the U.S. that is an obsession. THE U.S. DID IT THE U.S. DID IT THE US DID IT! is not only intellectually dishonest, it has become quite tedious. Always the same shrill, anti-american scream- from Toni Solo, fyl, the dictators of the world- and you. Your a one trick pony, Doc.
    I'm not blaming every problem anywhere, anytime on the U.S., only the ones they're actually responsible for. Unless you can dispute anything I've written.

Furthermore, if you hear it as shrill, it's because that's how the voices in your head are saying it to you. I'm only writing.

Do you actually want to dispute the words I write, or just the person you think I am? What is tiresome is someone who obsessively responds to my every post with an ad hominem attack and ZERO substance. If you believe in your words so much, surely you could bother to back them up with something other than a slogan. If you believe in what you say, yet you have nothing back it up with, then all you have is faith, and faith is for children and frightened old ladies. Keep your superstition to yourself.

I'm not anti-American. I'm anti-criminal. Those people weren't Americans, they were organized criminals using the mechanisms of America to further their own agendas. Like all empires throughout history, the general population has no idea what's going on, they just contribute the resources and manpower to the effort. It doesn't matter if they're 16-17th Century Spaniards, or 18-19th Century Brits, 20-21st Century Americans or 5th Century B.C. Macedonians; what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong, and regular folks are the ones who get chewed up in the meat grinder. When America is no longer on top, some other lucky population will have the privilege of contributing to the whims of madmen.

So let's review my statements:

1. The CIA has been meddling in the affairs of Latin America since its inception.
    2. It rarely sides with democratically elected leaders.
    3. It helped overthrow several [democratically elected leaders].
    4. It has no problem supporting dictators, fascists or death squads.
    5. Chavez has reason to be concerned about the CIA killing him.
    6. Regime change in Venezuela is the publicly stated policy of the current administration.
    7. The U.S. supported the 2002 coup in Venezuela.

Very succinct and not a single statement requires any "hate" to be spoken by a rational, free-thinking human being (though every single one of those acts requires a certain degree of hate, or at least extreme indifference for human life, in order to be carried out). Do you disagree with anything I've listed there? If not, go away. You're not gonna get me to root for the home team just because you say so. Only children believe in Santa Claus, and only suckers and slaves support criminal enterprises.

Fish or cut bait, Mr. Cox. What do you believe? Anything at all, or only what you've been told?

Now Doc and Howard, you play nice fellers or we will drag you to Bluefields for a WWF masked cage match on the empty beer barge. Best out of three falls, loser can not leave town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by renco View Post
    Now Doc and Howard, you play nice fellers or we will drag you to Bluefields for a WWF masked cage match on the empty beer barge. Best out of three falls, loser can not leave town.
    Maybe some mixed martial arts?

Forget 3 falls. Tap or die!

Most excitement I've seen since NL imploded two months ago!

Blog Entries

This slogan is seen on bumper stickers throughout the South, only with a Confederate flag.

Thanks to the Social Marxists bred by the Frankfurt School, now we have to say it with the stars and stripes.

Blog Entries

And, for those who have fallen hook line and sinker for Obama (the opiate of the masses) and his Marxist minions, here is your card to carry for the next four years:

You're looking a bit paranoid Johnny!

Blog Entries

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

http://impreso.elnuevodiario.com.ni/...politica/88335

The womens organizations in El Salvador are getting ready for Ortega's visit tomorrow to the country

The thing you have to realize about Chavez is most what he says is for home consumption. Recently he has also accused his main political opponent and some retired generals of plotting against him. You also gotta realize Venezuela is also having elections in November for mayors and governors. He is just playing his martyr card.

I do not think the CIA is actively plotting against him. I think the current USA policy is hoping Chavez to fall on his own sword. He is going to have a difficult time keeping his agenda going with the low oil prices. He is a somebody as long as he has money. When his money runs out he will return to be the nobody he really is. If anyone does him in it will be some of the locals who feel like they are not on the gravy train.

Good point Slim.... "most of them would fall on their own sword" given enough time... of course, there is always Castro... but in the end he only screwed his own people!

Blog Entries

Is Akmanutjob back on his feet yet? They say he collapsed from stress the other day. So sad.

Is Akmanutjob back on his feet yet? They say he collapsed from stress the other day. So sad.
    Well, he'll be releived to hear your pulling for him.

Blog Entries

PULL!

PULL!