Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Orphanage in Puerto Cabezas

I did what I promised, quite unuasal for a change,

RENEW THE HOPE INC.
    1769 CHICORY COURT
    REDDING CA 96002
    E MAIL rth1@charter.net

This little boy in the yellow shirt lacthed on to me today, like I was his long lost Father, Dam (and not the river kind) this was a touching inter view I did today....

I will have to finish the report later because I have to go to the airport right now to meet the infamious "Thom" from up where it is cold yet for his visit to Port...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

This is the Building that houses 35 boys and young men from 10 years up to graduating school. This first picture is of the little office of the caretaker of the building.

THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME SHOTS OF WHERE THE GUY'S SLEEP

THIS IS A PICTURE OF THE KITCHEN WHERE THEIR FOOD IS PREPAIRED AND BEHIND ME ARE THE PICNIC STYLE MESS TABLES WHERE THEY EAT.

THIS IS THE TV ROOM OF THE GIRLS BUILDING, THE LITTLE BOYS STAY HERE TILL THEY ARE 10 AND ARE PLACED IN WITH THE OLDER BOYS.

THIS IS WHERE AND WITH WHAT THE DAILY RICE AND BEANS ARE COOKED FOR THE KIDS. THERE ARE 52 CHILDREN RESIDING IN THE GIRLS BUILDING AT THIS TIME

YOU GUESSED IT MAJOR COOkING IS DONE THE OLD FASHIONED WAY.... WITH STOVE WOOD..

THE RESIDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO WASH THEIR OWN CLOTHES AND THIS IS ONE OF FOUR PLACES FOR THE PORPUSE

THIS IS A PIC OF MY YOUNGEST IN HER PRESCHOOL CLASSES THERE.... THIS SCHOOL HAS ABOUT 400 STUDENTS WHICH NOT ONLY GIVES THE KIDS MORALE EDUCATION ALONG WITH THE BASICS, BUT HELPS ECONOMICLY THE ORPHNANAGE A BIT TOO.

I WILL GIVE YOU THE e mail address for the pastor Mr. Earl Bowie (no family of the late Miskito Alan) just in case you to would like to get involved with this worth while effort...

And on the start of this in Califorina the original post...

earl7@yahoo.com
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default Orphanage

Hi John,

Thank you very much for posting the pics and info on the orphanage. Can you please email me Mr.Bowie's email address to MarnyHohl@hotmail.com. I would love the opportunity to speak with him and help out in whatever way we can.

Thanks again for everything!

Marny
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.

Booker T. Washington

Blog Entries

Hey JMc, is this the one your friend is afilated with?...

They are involved in 5 different sites at present... I don't think this is one of them... btw, the 5 sites were started by a Texan named Scott Felder... he splits his time between running construction projects in the Lone Star State and making homes for needy kids in Nicaragua....
    Thanks for sharing the pics JW.... Like I said before... you are one of the most interesting people I've never met!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Hey JMc, is this the one your friend is afilated with?...
    Do you know any Catholic organization I can send money to help a little?

JW you are an Angel !!!

gen08 wrote: Do you know any Catholic organization I can send money to help a little?

I don't know if you are asking JW or me but I know of several orphanages in an around Granada that are run by nuns who could use financial help. I think I can get you an email address if you'd like. Can you read and write spanish?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    gen08 wrote: Do you know any Catholic organization I can send money to help a little?

I don't know if you are asking JW or me but I know of several orphanages in an around Granada that are run by nuns who could use financial help. I think I can get you an email address if you'd like. Can you read and write spanish?
    I will find out, but one thing is sure the Catholic School over on the other side of town....El Niño Jesus.... runs the tightest ship of all of them....this is a plus...I am talking about dicipline...

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Default There is a very well run Catholic Orphanage in San Jorge

It is run by http://www.friendsoftheorphans.org/s....aspx?pgid=263 this is an image from our last visit

Quote Originally Posted by gen08 View Post
    Do you know any Catholic organization I can send money to help a little?

JW you are an Angel !!!
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    It is run by http://www.friendsoftheorphans.org/s....aspx?pgid=263 this is an image from our last visit
    Thank you, I will contact them . It is so nice to see a smile on children faces.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gen08 View Post
    Thank you, I will contact them . It is so nice to see a smile on children faces.
    Dan, your photos are always great....I am sure, you can update many posts with something revilant like this one...

It don´t matter where you help, but do, find a need and fill it....(We all need a few points in the hereafter)....