Thread: Spirit Airlines

Default Spirit Airlines

Has anyone flew Spirit to Managua?

Or heard anything about their service to Nicaragua?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Spirit Airlines

Flew twice...no problems.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Flew it out of Managua last March and the wife is flying it in this month.... basic generic service and great for us bc we need to book "one way" bc we never know return dates.... they seem to be cheaper than most if you can't do a round trip ticket... they charge extra for stowed bags and for seat selection.... we got what we paid for and I have no complaints so far....well except you have to be a "night owl" .. since they only arrive in Managua in the madrugada!!!!
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

I flew them twice to Fort Lauderdale this past year with a return to Managua. What can you say, they are a budget airline, the planes were clean, employees were nice and you pay for everything beyond your basic seat. If low fare is your goal they deserve a look.
    Last edited by Danpolley; 12-01-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: hey not for spelling this time, wow
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

I'm 6 foot. I've heard some of the seats are small. Do you think I will be fine with their seating or should I pay the extra for comfort?

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimG View Post
    I'm 6 foot. I've heard some of the seats are small. Do you think I will be fine with their seating or should I pay the extra for comfort?
    Economy seat pitch is 30/31 on Spirit, Continental 31, Delta 32, American 31/32. Guess it depends on your wallet size vs ability to endure.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    Economy seat pitch is 30/31 on Spirit, Continental 31, Delta 32, American 31/32. Guess it depends on your wallet size vs ability to endure.
    Sounds like I should be OK.

Thanks a lot, Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by TimG View Post
    I'm 6-3 220 and my first ride on Spirit is my last due to cramping. Could have something to do with age as well but the same goes for Taca,Lacsa and Avioteca. I spend the extra buck and fly American and then I sleep.

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Post Re: Spirit Airlines

Flew Spirit from Atlanta to Ft Lauderdale to Managua this past week. Both flights were delayed. The midnight Managua flight turned into a real red-eye special and did not arrive until about two am! One-way fare was only about $230 (after the magazine discount - all of which I promptly cancelled!) plus $19 for one bag! Both planes were virtually completely filled.
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

4/17/2012

Managua and Fly

That one o’clock morning flight out of Managua on Spirit Airlines to Florida does attract a number of people and I too have made that trip severaltimes.

Is it worth the savings?

Yes? If you live in S. Florida,this is okay with a few discrepancies but if you have to make connections with other Spirit flights, watch out!

The airline has a history of tardiness in arrival and overbooking, so this can lead to your missing your connections due their tardiness. Twice this has happened to me personally and this last time it really cost me, not only in the inconvenience, but actual loss of monies.

To supposedly arrive in Dallas around 8:55, one would assume that he has the entire day in Dallas do whatever, so you book appointments, hotels and other reservations, prepaying of course.

Well, you could be required to stay overnight in lovely Lauderville, missing all of your preplanned bookings and the monies laid out for those missed reserved bookings.

If you have a four or five hour layover, you should be alright; but if things are close, most likely you can encounter problems in the connection.