Embassy resumes accepting immigrant visa petitions from Americans residing here

Effective immediately, the U.S. Embassy will accept I-130 petitions for immediate relative immigrant classification from American citizens who are able to demonstrate they have been a resident of Nicaragua for the last six months, including members of the armed forces. The Embassy has some discretion, as well, to accept petitions involving genuine emergencies and others determined to be in the national interest.
Examples of emergencies include minor children who would be unexpectedly left without a caretaker and cases involving life/death situations and medical crises.
Examples of national interest include facilitating the travel of United States military and other USG direct hire employees assigned overseas who are pending transfer on orders and need to petition for immigrant classification of their spouse and minor children at posts overseas.
To Demonstrate Residency:

The American Citizen Petitioners must be able to show that they have permission to reside in Nicaragua and that they have been doing so continuously for at least six months before filing the petition. Individuals who are in the country on a temporary status, such as student or tourist, would not be considered to meet the residency standard.
How to File in Nicaragua:

Please send an email to consularmanagua@state.gov expressing your interest and filing an I-130 petition and we will forward you instructions. In your email you should explain how you meet the six month residency requirement to file here.
Or, you can visit the Consulate during information hours (M-F, except Thursdays, 7:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.) for I-130 petition information.
If Residency Requirements are NOT met:

All Legal Permanent Residents and those American citizens who reside in the United States must file their I-130 petitions at the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over their place of residence (as indicated on the USCIS website: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130.pdf). For more information contact The National Customer Service Center (NCSC) by phone at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833) or by email cisombudsman@dhs.gov