Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39

Thread: Visiting Nicaragua!

  1. #26

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by thebends03 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! I don't plan on driving or sodomizing, but the rest I will keep in mind.


    One last thing, any suggestions for semi-formal/respectful clothing to wear when meeting older family members? I want to look presentable but I don't really know what the norm is or how to deal with the heat. I'm a woman, by the way, if that helps.


    Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    Shorts are considered beach ware in this part of the world. Slacks or a dress are more appropriate, umless you are at the beach.

  2. #27
    Junkyard Dog randude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    3,148
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    One of the greatest cars ever made!

    I learned to drive in a Datsun. Damn thing is still on the road (my parents don't throw away anything).
    So on the TV is El Doc's first shoes, guilded, and in the driveway is the car.
    Survivor

  3. #28

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    So on the TV is El Doc's first shoes, guilded, and in the driveway is the car.
    And his Nehru jacket is still in the closet.

  4. #29

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    I'm back and I'm in love with Nicaragua Nicaraguita!!

  5. #30

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can turn right on a red light. Never been stopped for it, anyway.
    Speaking of that, is it legal to not stop at stoplights in Managua at like 4 am?

    I'm asking because he autobus driver was doing that on my missions trip... We were on our way to the airport...

  6. #31

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by redhead_drummer787 View Post
    Speaking of that, is it legal to not stop at stoplights in Managua at like 4 am?

    I'm asking because he autobus driver was doing that on my missions trip... We were on our way to the airport...
    If a tree falls in a forrest and no one is there to hear it fall, does it make a sound?!

  7. #32
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    6,184
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by tresfrijoles View Post
    If a tree falls in a forrest and no one is there to hear it fall, does it make a sound?!
    If a man says something in the forest and his wife is not there to hear it.. Is he still wrong??
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  8. #33
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,514
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    If a man says something in the forest and his wife is not there to hear it.. Is he still wrong??
    Yes!

    If no one is there to give you a ticket, that doesn't make it legal. If that's how law worked, I've been a damn fool all my life. Just think of the things I coulda done as long as I didn't get caught!

  9. #34
    Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Casares/Estelii, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,073
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    it's not a matter of being legal or nor,but rather a matter of safety,stop lights in Managua,specially at night are target for gun/knife point robberies.
    Sometimes it will happen in broad day light,it happened to me once,he had a knife and ask me to open my window,I did,only to ask him if he was ready to die,(I always carry a gun,when I venture into Managua)the guy looked at me like he'd seen the devil,and ran like so.

    This is one of the many reason why I totally HATE venturing into Managua,I avoid it at ALL cost

    In Esteli taxi drivers don't respect traffic lights(there are only 3 ),they will run a red light in broad day light,specially the one by central park.

    Quote Originally Posted by redhead_drummer787 View Post
    Speaking of that, is it legal to not stop at stoplights in Managua at like 4 am?

    I'm asking because he autobus driver was doing that on my missions trip... We were on our way to the airport...

  10. #35
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,514
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Good point, Felix!

    (He means 3 traffic lights in Esteli, not 3 taxi drivers. )

  11. #36

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    it's not a matter of being legal or nor,but rather a matter of safety,stop lights in Managua,specially at night are target for gun/knife point robberies.
    Sometimes it will happen in broad day light,it happened to me once,he had a knife and ask me to open my window,I did,only to ask him if he was ready to die,(I always carry a gun,when I venture into Managua)the guy looked at me like he'd seen the devil,and ran like so.

    This is one of the many reason why I totally HATE venturing into Managua,I avoid it at ALL cost

    In Esteli taxi drivers don't respect traffic lights(there are only 3 ),they will run a red light in broad day light,specially the one by central park.
    you the man, fap! i will buy you a dinner when i get down there! you can school me on things i need to know!
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  12. #37

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by redhead_drummer787 View Post
    Speaking of that, is it legal to not stop at stoplights in Managua at like 4 am?

    I'm asking because he autobus driver was doing that on my missions trip... We were on our way to the airport...
    btw, welcome
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  13. #38

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    The other thing that is a big NO NO in the late night in Managua is stopping when a police flags you down from the side of the road. Most likely you are going to get "jacked", cop or fake cop it doesn't matter, hes probably going to end up with your wallet.

    Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    it's not a matter of being legal or nor,but rather a matter of safety,stop lights in Managua,specially at night are target for gun/knife point robberies.
    Sometimes it will happen in broad day light,it happened to me once,he had a knife and ask me to open my window,I did,only to ask him if he was ready to die,(I always carry a gun,when I venture into Managua)the guy looked at me like he'd seen the devil,and ran like so.

    This is one of the many reason why I totally HATE venturing into Managua,I avoid it at ALL cost

    In Esteli taxi drivers don't respect traffic lights(there are only 3 ),they will run a red light in broad day light,specially the one by central park.

  14. #39
    TRN Surgeon General El Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    La Gran Nada, Departamento Granada
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Visiting Nicaragua!

    Quote Originally Posted by tresfrijoles View Post
    The other thing that is a big NO NO in the late night in Managua is stopping when a police flags you down from the side of the road. Most likely you are going to get "jacked", cop or fake cop it doesn't matter, hes probably going to end up with your wallet.
    Same thing in happens in Mexico. I was rolling down the road one night and a patrol car flipped on his lights. I drove all the way to the police station, about 5 minutes away, with him behind me blaring the siren. When I stopped in front of the police station he kept going.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Also visit the False Bluff Blog!