Thread: Bringing guns to Nicaragua

Default Bringing guns to Nicaragua

I was reading a bit of info on this on the other site but didn't see anything mentioned about guns being brought in by a Nicaraguan. I would eventually like to have a shotgun and my pistol with me and thought it would be best to have them in my nica wife's name to import them. Any thoughts?
    Also, can you legally modify a shotgun in Nicaragua? I would like to saw mine off for better handling, kinda like the police have down there.
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

Default Re: Bringing guns to Nicaragua

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    I was reading a bit of info on this on the other site but didn't see anything mentioned about guns being brought in by a Nicaraguan. I would eventually like to have a shotgun and my pistol with me and thought it would be best to have them in my nica wife's name to import them. Any thoughts?
    Also, can you legally modify a shotgun in Nicaragua? I would like to saw mine off for better handling, kinda like the police have down there.
    I didn't find that much in the ley 510.. echale un ojo a este y este otro.
    "Today is a good day for an airstrike"

Blog

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I highly recommend buying them in Nica, way too much hassle to import them.
    You can buy any gun shotgun or hunting riffle you want in Managua's gun shops.
    they are about $100-$200 bucks more expensive then in the USA,but you avoid all the B.S associated with it,that what I did .
    My favority gun shop in Esteli is El Cazador
    Here is a thread on it on the other site
    http://nicaliving.com/node/14453

Last edited by FisherCigarman; 03-04-2009 at 12:43 PM.

[quote=JackMcG;55549]I was reading a bit of info on this on the other site but didn't see anything mentioned about guns being brought in by a Nicaraguan. quote]

Which thread? Anger Management, Government Sponsored Marches or Cool Top Employment Opportunities?
    You'll excuse me, gentlemen. Your business is politics, mine is running a saloon.
    Casablanca-1942

[quote=renco;55579]
    I was reading a bit of info on this on the other site but didn't see anything mentioned about guns being brought in by a Nicaraguan. quote]

Which thread? Anger Management, Government Sponsored Marches or Cool Top Employment Opportunities?
    Under this one.....http://www.nicaliving.com/node/14453

But it could have been under one called, "Home Security Systems in Nicaragua"!

Your right Jack!
    How about Home Land Security for the PRNL?
    You'll excuse me, gentlemen. Your business is politics, mine is running a saloon.
    Casablanca-1942

All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

So will the guns be in a safe place when you are in the USA Jack?
    I doubt you will want to pack them back and forth each time, but you don't want them to end up in the wrong hands while you are away.
    Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    I doubt you will want to pack them back and forth each time, but you don't want them to end up in the wrong hands while you are away.
    yea, give 'em to me. i'll pawn, err uhmm, hold them for you...
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

I entered a drawing today at work for a Browning & Citori, over and under 12 gauge worth $1500. I bought two tickets for $10 each! Hope I win. All I will ever do with it is shoot clay pigeons (they taste like shit).
    Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    They would be safe and packed away while I am in the States. It wouldn't be feasible to carry them back and forth.

Active TRN Member

hi jack,on bring guns in im a resident with a pistol permit,if you have those,you just need your usa sales slips or proof of ownership and bring them in..if you dont have a pistol permit.it gets a lot more complicated..it would be best to check with the police first.dept dame,that is who you should talk too.i just at the last minute decided to bring them down and had no problems.acc

Quote Originally Posted by acc724 View Post
    hi jack,on bring guns in im a resident with a pistol permit,if you have those,you just need your usa sales slips or proof of ownership and bring them in..if you dont have a pistol permit.it gets a lot more complicated..it would be best to check with the police first.dept dame,that is who you should talk too.i just at the last minute decided to bring them down and had no problems.acc
    I don't have residency in Nicaragua so I was wondering about bringing them in my wife's name, since she is Nica.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have residency in Nicaragua so I was wondering about bringing them in my wife's name, since she is Nica.
    I have been Grandfathered in for so long with Perninate residency and licensed to carry a pistol that I don't know of what is required, but I do know that it is strictly controlled....

The long and short of it is as follows from my Gringo neighbors experience.....

He wanted to buy a Marlin Glenfield .22 from a friend,and had to do it in his Nica wifes name because he does not have residency.....

She not being a previous gun owner here had to take a gun safety course from the National Police to demonstrate she knows which end the lead fly's out of and a few pointers on when to use it and when to not.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...