Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumble in the Jungle- Full trip report

Default Re: Rumble in the Jungle- Full trip report

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    Hee.hee..........don't get carried away by the good fishing and all, for it is not roses and clover on the east side.

I purchased a track of land on the beach and proceeded to clean up what would have appeared to be a dump, built a ranchito.

Had plans of building some permanent buildings and setting up a small business with the employment of several people in mind with a projected budget of or investment of around $60,000.00 per year for the rest of my life.

Tried to be open and friendly with the people, inviting them to come into the protection of the ranchito when it was raining, or hot, but some of the group obviously mistook my initial friendliness as being weak and started stealing right away.

One might tolerate a bit of mischief, however, when they will not respect the property as defined by known markings (cerca), a five wire fence was constructed around the place.

When not on the property, the intruders would molest the roof of the ranchito (kids in the rafters), poop in the center of the floor and of course make a little woopee, leaving their trailings behind.

With continued disregard of another's property, it was close to the point of killing someone or being killed, so I fired the ranchito for no further use by the savages.

Responding, they stole the fence.........wire, post and all.

When I return, or should I return, I will bring a pit bull bitch dog full of pups and raise them on the property under guide of an electric fence. At that time entry past the wire will be at their own peril.

I love Nicaragua and have since the early 60's, but there are laws for the gringos to obey and none to be enforced against the indigenous people. The cards are stacked.

Understand that there are many good people in this zone, however, there is no, and I repeat no enforcement against the delinquents.
    Most Nica"s have no concept of private property. Unless it"s theirs.

So it's like, what is yours is mine and what is mine is mine. Or is it like what is mine is his or what is his, his. Ok, got it or maybe he has it. BANG! OK now it's mine.
    Here in the real world they're shutting Detroit down.

Quote Originally Posted by marnica View Post
    So it's like, what is yours is mine and what is mine is mine. Or is it like what is mine is his or what is his, his. Ok, got it or maybe he has it. BANG! OK now it's mine.
    I fully understand the "bang" part.:LMAO:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by howard cox View Post
    Most Nica"s have no concept of private property. Unless it"s theirs.
    Is that Gringo private property or everyone?
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    I bet the Jungle rat was a Gimnott (Miskito) or Guardatinaja.....

I guess it could be called in English Havalina, a three toed animal with a squrrells head that is similar to pork.....

I love em myself, they are on most all of your finer 5 star local resturants menu.......Put there by local hunters....

PAIN in the A$$ for local farmers....
    Agouti

looks like those images changed location on Photobucket? I wanted to show a friend who wants to take a trip there?

Hi All-

I've restored the photo's here now that the article is out.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky-Guy View Post
    Hi All-

I've restored the photo's here now that the article is out.

Enjoy!
    great photos!
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Got any online version of the article?
    "Today is a good day for an airstrike"

Blog

I'm quite certain they only publish in print, but, If I do I'll be sure to post it.

Thanks for the compliments!

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

tHE TOP ONE IS Guardatinaja, the bottom one is Guatusa, they are two different species,thou related,and they are both delicious!!

Javaline or Javalina is a different animal JW, Javalina is related to wild pigs,the 2 fellows below are rodents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Agouti

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    tHE TOP ONE IS Guardatinaja, the bottom one is Guatusa, they are two different species,thou related,and they are both delicious!!
    That's what I love about this place. There's food all over the place!!
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is a restaurant about 25 mins from Esteli,that serves the above mentioned,same for Boa and Iguana stew.

The restaurant is called Los Antojitos,and I believe its the same restaurant Zimmerman/bizzare foods went to.

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    That's what I love about this place. There's food all over the place!!

Blog Entries

There is a restaurant about 25 mins from Esteli,that serves the above mentioned,same for Boa and Iguana stew.

The restaurant is called Los Antojitos,and I believe its the same restaurant Zimmerman/bizzare foods went to.
    Tastes like cuy!
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Blog Entries

He said the restaurant was in La Trinidad. I can't recall the name of the restaurant but I have the show recorded and can find out.

Santa Cruz is the name of the pueblito, situated 15km from Esteli.
    Antojitos del desierto related article
    "Today is a good day for an airstrike"

Blog

Perico
    Sassari, Sardinia Isle, Italy - Managua, Nicaragua

Hi guys, I'm new here and glad to find many other persons that love Nicaragua.
    I'm Italian, but married with a Nicaraguan, and I spent more than 1 year working in the Volcanoes country.
    I'm an addicted angler as well as sportfishing journalist and I have fished in many spots with not so bad results.

I was two times in Rumble in the Jungle Lodge for making some videos and I enjoy a lot, even I wasn't in the tarpon season...
    well I hope to participate more at the forum, greetings from Italy

Antonio Varcasia

some shots (dicember 2009):

more shots on my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Videos...id=90888056120

TRN Member

Great pics - thanks for putting them out there, have you fished pearl lagoon?
    Never leave fun, to look for fun

Perico
    Sassari, Sardinia Isle, Italy - Managua, Nicaragua

Thanks,
    No I have fished in Kukra, Cacao, Torsuani and Escondido rivers, not so far from the Lodge (all comes to Bluefields lagoon).
    It was Dicember and the water was still bit dirty for Tarpon full activity. I go out for bluewater (near outside cayos) the last day and hooked six kings (20-60 lbs max), all out at the first jump, except for two that goes out at the leader (BSTDs!) ...
    bye
    Antonio

Hey Antonio!
    Where can I view your videos?

I am glad somebody had a good trip there. I went there last year and was highly disappointed, all the way around, with my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    I am glad somebody had a good trip there. I went there last year and was highly disappointed, all the way around, with my experience.
    no tarpon?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    no tarpon?
    Nope, no tarpon, only saw a couple roll. 2.5 days of fishing and caught about 3-4 snook, one nice sized one. The guides were all about trying to have us catch Jack fish, and when I made our reservations I explicitly explained to them that I would rather have anal herpes than catch Jack fish. In the days of my youth working on the Texas coast I caught and saw enough Jack fish to last me a lifetime. I have never landed a Tarpon and have only hooked like 7 thus I was more interested in pulling out all stops to try and catch a Tarpon.

They only fish with trolled rapala's, actually I think that is the only way they know how to fish. The boat we were on was uncomfortable and not readily reliable so that added to the whole experience. To get into Tarpon I was basically told that an upsell was necessary in order to run up to the Pearl Lagoon area, OK. I wish I would have known that when I booked the trip as I might have planned for it.

The food for the most part was good, and they surely did make us feel at home and it was not an unpleasant experience, but for the effort and expense involved I thought it should have been a little more productive. The guides were young and were a little lacking in "on the boat" customer service, but that is due to experience.

I was not mad or upset at all as the scenery is great and I realize the expense of having that kind of operation in that kind of place. But, with a little more effort it could have been much, much better. I am glad I did it and have no regrets, but I will not repeat, that is the gist of the matter.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here and glad to find many other persons that love Nicaragua.
    I'm Italian, but married with a Nicaraguan, and I spent more than 1 year working in the Volcanoes country.
    I'm an addicted angler as well as sportfishing journalist and I have fished in many spots with not so bad results.

I was two times in Rumble in the Jungle Lodge for making some videos and I enjoy a lot, even I wasn't in the tarpon season...
    well I hope to participate more at the forum, greetings from Italy

Antonio Varcasia

some shots (dicember 2009):

more shots on my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Videospin-Reality-Fishing/90888056120?v=photos&ref=mf#!/album.php?aid=140842&id=90888056120
    Now I am here to tell ya....

That Jack he is holding up, second from the bottom......

Makes some of the finest smoked fish I ever sunk a tooth into.....

Fishing is an ART.....

I have probably struck out more times than I scored......

But to me it is the fellowship of who I am with more than anything.....

If I am lookin' the meat, I am going to cheat..... Period....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

If I am lookin' the meat, I am going to cheat..... Period....
    There is one of the reasons that I like you so much JPJW, not factoring in that you are Carolina boy.

But I refuse to cheat at catching Jack Fish........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast