Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer Event: Scubadive, or walk the beaches and cleanup SJDS

Default Volunteer Event: Scubadive, or walk the beaches and cleanup SJDS

http://www.laprensa.com.ni/archivo/2...s/323937.shtml

WHEN: May 9, 2009
    WHERE: SJDS

20 Naval divers, Pellas company will send divers to pull up trash from the ocean, and 300 students from schools of San Juan del Sur have already signed up for this cleanup activity.

If you would like to volunteer, just show up... This is also being pushed as a family friendly event.

For those that volunteer, stores in SJDS are offering Discounts on their products.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Volunteer Event: Scubadive, or walk the beaches and cleanup SJDS

Quote Originally Posted by tres frijoles View Post
    http://www.laprensa.com.ni/archivo/2...s/323937.shtml

WHEN: May 9, 2009
    WHERE: SJDS

20 Naval divers, Pellas company will send divers to pull up trash from the ocean, and 300 students from schools of San Juan del Sur have already signed up for this cleanup activity.

If you would like to volunteer, just show up... This is also being pushed as a family friendly event.

For those that volunteer, stores in SJDS are offering Discounts on their products.
    Any word on what a scuba rig rental will cost?
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    I'm not aware of any place in SJDS currently renting scuba gear. If I come across anything, I will post.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hey doc.

I may be able to hook you up with my friend,but first you guys have to met,like I mentioned,we are planning on attending the May 17th Apanas tournament,but on saturday we are planning on Scuba/spearing all day.
    You are welcomed to come along,so you can met my friend,just head to Esteli on Friday,then we can all go together from Esteli,heck even 3F is considering going,I guarantee you'll love Asturias bro.

let me know,so I can plan accordingly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    I'm not aware of any place in SJDS currently renting scuba gear. If I come across anything, I will post.
    Anyplace in country other than the DAC? I'd like to participate, but all my gear is in storage up north. My bottles need to be turned anyway and I don't know who does that here.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyplace in country other than the DAC? I'd like to participate, but all my gear is in storage up north. My bottles need to be turned anyway and I don't know who does that here.
    All the professional divers on that side (Lobster Divers) use "Hookas" for their business, they are less expensive that the tank $hit, tied to the boat, (I like that part) and if the reserve tank is say half the size of a 100 pound LP tank, gives plenty of warning for to divers to come on up......

Besides that, I personally do not want to go down in over 60 feet of water anyway, that is where problems come in...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    All the professional divers on that side (Lobster Divers) use "Hookas" for their business, they are less expensive that the tank $hit, tied to the boat, (I like that part) and if the reserve tank is say half the size of a 100 pound LP tank, gives plenty of warning for to divers to come on up......

Besides that, I personally do not want to go down in over 60 feet of water anyway, that is where problems come in...
    This is deeper than 60 feet? Not much bottom time to work with there. I don't suppose there's a chamber waiting on shore.

It would be more comfortable on a surface supplied rig, but I figured those SJDS tourist businesses would have a scuba shop. There's a dive school opening at Laguna de Apoyo. I wonder if they have any gear for rent.

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

read my reply man!!

This is deeper than 60 feet? Not much bottom time to work with there. I don't suppose there's a chamber waiting on shore.

It would be more comfortable on a surface supplied rig, but I figured those SJDS tourist businesses would have a scuba shop. There's a dive school opening at Laguna de Apoyo. I wonder if they have any gear for rent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    hey doc.

I may be able to hook you up with my friend,but first you guys have to met,like I mentioned,we are planning on attending the May 17th Apanas tournament,but on saturday we are planning on Scuba/spearing all day.
    You are welcomed to come along,so you can met my friend,just head to Esteli on Friday,then we can all go together from Esteli,heck even 3F is considering going,I guarantee you'll love Asturias bro.

let me know,so I can plan accordingly.
    That sounds like a plan. I need a road trip. I'll take the chicken up on Friday. Bring lots of lead. I'm carrying a lot more fat than I used to.

Blog Entries

El D, here the average depth is 88 feet, with holes going to sometimes 140 feet, for the BIG Boat divers, around the shallows of the keys, just a drowning or two for the year .......

Three cases of decompression syndrome weekly, and 35 deaths or permenate disabilities yearly for about 1000 professional divers of the deeper water.......

F#ck them Tanks...

I have been down on a "Blue Hole" of 140' with a "Hooka" but it was not an every day thing, I can count the times on one hand we did that in over two years I dove lobsters...........

These guy's "Burn" 4 to 5 tanks in the morning, and that again in the afternoon.......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

El D, here the average depth is 88 feet, with holes going to sometimes 140 feet, for the BIG Boat divers, around the shallows of the keys, just a drowning or two for the year ......
    That bay goes that deep? Nevermind then. There's not enough bottom time to do anything useful without surface decompression. I'll just pick up trash on the shore or something. I'm too old for that deep water stuff on air and I'vea already been bent twice. It wasn't nice even with a chamber waiting for me.

real men free dive

Blog Entries

real men free dive
    Well there weren't any real men on the oil rigs because we used big fat hoses and hardhats.

You can hang off on pure O2 and cut your decompression time in half.

Well there weren't any real men on the oil rigs because we used big fat hoses and hardhats.
    Hard Hats are for architects! :LMAO:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bikingo View Post
    You can hang off on pure O2 and cut your decompression time in half.
    Pure O2 at that depth is toxic.

Blog Entries

Hard Hats are for architects! :LMAO:
    You wear one like this on your job site?

You wear one like this on your job site?

Thats fancy it even comes with a handle!

Blog Entries

:LMAO:.....3F, I blew FDC on the screen with that one.....:LMAO:

Blog Entries

Damn things are heavy out of the water. Lots of weights to keep them from floating off your head.

Blog Entries

Damn things are heavy out of the water. Lots of weights to keep them from floating off your head.
    \

El D, that is what they put them things in it to bite with your teeth for.....

Blog Entries

\

El D, that is what they put them things in it to bite with your teeth for.....
    For when a shark bites you "down under."

Pure O2 at that depth is toxic.
    Nobody said dive , I said hang off. That means you work you time allowed at depth and if you have a hang off at thirty or ten feet you have a regulator hooked up to a O2 bottle waiting at 30 ft you start breathing the O2 on your stops and your alloted time is cut in half.
    Sports rarely do decompession dives but all working divers do. This is a seal team trick that I used on hundreds of dives. It can give you a headache though, but I used to breath the O2 on deck as well and that helped. Thousands and thousands of hours diving and I've never taken a hit. ( bends)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bikingo View Post
    Nobody said dive , I said hang off. That means you work you time allowed at depth and if you have a hang off at thirty or ten feet you have a regulator hooked up to a O2 bottle waiting at 30 ft you start breathing the O2 on your stops and your alloted time is cut in half.
    Sports rarely do decompession dives but all working divers do. This is a seal team trick that I used on hundreds of dives. It can give you a headache though, but I used to breath the O2 on deck as well and that helped. Thousands and thousands of hours diving and I've never taken a hit. ( bends)
    I have my old tables somewhere, but it's all getting too complicated. After a long stint as a hard hat diver, I really don't want to work that hard at scuba. 45 minute water stops are a real drag anyway. 40 feet, 30 feet, 20 feet, every stop longer than the last. That 10 foot stop is the longest and it will leave you wishing you'd brought a book with you.

That 10 foot stop is the longest and it will leave you wishing you'd brought a book with you.
    or a dvd player...
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast