Thread: Driving Through Nicaragua

Default Driving Through Nicaragua

So last fall we drove from the U.S. to Costa Rica. When we passed through Honduras into Nicaragua we hopped right on the Pan American highway and zipped right through towards Costa Rica. The roads were excellent! I was extremely impressed.

On the map the highway was shown splitting about 50 miles north of Managua. Rather than drive through Managua, we decided to take the coastal route towards the beach to spend a couple of days.

This is where the things changed. The road looked like a BMX course for about 2 hours of brutal driving and then we ended up at this really cool 5 star golf resort/hotel.

My question: Is there a nicer coastal road that we could have taken or were we on the best one available?

Thanks,

www.sollifestyles.com

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Default Re: Driving Through Nicaragua

[QUOTE=SolLifeStyles.com;62646]So last fall we drove from the U.S. to Costa Rica. When we passed through Honduras into Nicaragua we hopped right on the Pan American highway and zipped right through towards Costa Rica. The roads were excellent! I was extremely impressed.

On the map the highway was shown splitting about 50 miles north of Managua. Rather than drive through Managua, we decided to take the coastal route towards the beach to spend a couple of days.

This is where the things changed. The road looked like a BMX course for about 2 hours of brutal driving and then we ended up at this really cool 5 star golf resort/hotel.

My question: Is there a nicer coastal road that we could have taken or were we on the best one available?

Thanks,
    Is this for real
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SolLifeStyles.com View Post
    So last fall we drove from the U.S. to Costa Rica. When we passed through Honduras into Nicaragua we hopped right on the Pan American highway and zipped right through towards Costa Rica. The roads were excellent! I was extremely impressed.

Thanks,

www.sollifestyles.com
    Taking the "scenic" route even in South Carolina, will get you far off the beaten path......

If you are the adventurous type do be prepared for even a flat tire...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

we certainly had an adventure! nicaragua is very cool.

Thanks for the responses,

www.sollifestyles.com