Thread: Cost of Electricity

Default Cost of Electricity

I'm having some issues with electricity fees. Can someone tell me what Fenosa charges for the meter fee only - for a residence. I'd like to know what I should be paying when I'm not there, when my breakers are shut off and I'm not drawing any power.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cost of Electricity

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwu View Post
    I'm having some issues with electricity fees. Can someone tell me what Fenosa charges for the meter fee only - for a residence. I'd like to know what I should be paying when I'm not there, when my breakers are shut off and I'm not drawing any power.
    I am renting a meter that blew up after Hurricane Felix and no longer exsists and costs me about .55 cents for the month rent......

So I just pay it and done, plus my estimated bill, I will ask some of my friends about a shutdown and get back....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Is it 26cents a kilowatt?
    Dios es Amor!

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Is it 26cents a kilowatt?
    Thanks that helps as I also need to know the kilowatt price.

We are part time visitors and shut our power off when we're not there. I'm curious to learn what others in the same situation are paying monthly for the meter fee when their breakers are off and no power is being used.

Blog Entries

The last bill I paid was in April for the month of March's service, I used 247 kwh and the bottom line total to pay was 824.23 cordobas, tax, rental for the meter, public street light, and billing......This is a TO domestic service

Another question, when you open all the breakers, does your meter Stop.....It should unless you have a "Leak" meaning I have found a positive wire hooked up to a ground rod, and when my wife's sister damp mopped the floor near it got tingled a bit......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Thanks JPJW That helps.

I should explain further:

I’m located in a Condo complex. The complex has one main meter that serves all the units, so the power cost is being divided up based on the size of the condo, not individual power use. There are plans to put in individual meters in the future and that should solve the problem, but in the meantime I’m the only one out of about 24 or so units that doesn’t rent. My power is off when I’m not there, but the association is continuing to charge me a monthly portion of the total power use. So basically I’m supplementing a portion of the electricity that’s being used by the other units who are renting while increasing their profit.

I do want to pay a fair amount to cover common area power (maintenance/security lighting etc.), and I’m sure I’m responsible for a portion of the meter/equipment fee, but I refuse to pay for power someone else is using (I'm sure that's not an issue elsewhere!). What I’m trying to do is find out what basic costs are so I can workout paying what is reasonable for my situation.

Blog Entries

[B]Also I could be wrong on this, but I don't think so, the TO Domestic Tarifa goes up in price as the consumption goes up, not the otherway around as in commerical billings.....

This could be killing all of ya'll too with everything going thru one meter, that may or may not have been tampered with, I have seen this "Both" ways.........

Check your by-laws for the condo association. In most cases, anything in "common " like that, whether electric, water, sewer or other services have to be paid equally by all whether you are there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwu View Post
    Thanks JPJW That helps.

I should explain further:

I知 located in a Condo complex. The complex has one main meter that serves all the units, so the power cost is being divided up based on the size of the condo, not individual power use. There are plans to put in individual meters in the future and that should solve the problem, but in the meantime I知 the only one out of about 24 or so units that doesn稚 rent. My power is off when I知 not there, but the association is continuing to charge me a monthly portion of the total power use. So basically I知 supplementing a portion of the electricity that痴 being used by the other units who are renting while increasing their profit.

I do want to pay a fair amount to cover common area power (maintenance/security lighting etc.), and I知 sure I知 responsible for a portion of the meter/equipment fee, but I refuse to pay for power someone else is using (I'm sure that's not an issue elsewhere!). What I知 trying to do is find out what basic costs are so I can workout paying what is reasonable for my situation.
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

"Today is a good day for an airstrike"

Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gaudali View Post

Perfect...Thank you.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

What you guys really need is internet based Electricity over IP..

All you need is an internet address and your house is set for power

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3251
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    What you guys really need is internet based Electricity over IP..

All you need is an internet address and your house is set for power

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3251
    A few years back (maybe more like a decade), there was an experiment to use high-tension power lines for broadband. It put off so much interference it would have essentially been the end of radio.

Looks like it's fiber or nothing for the really fat pipes.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera segn la justicia se reducira a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    A few years back (maybe more like a decade), there was an experiment to use high-tension power lines for broadband. It put off so much interference it would have essentially been the end of radio.

Looks like it's fiber or nothing for the really fat pipes.

After a lot of teeth gnashing between the ARRL, IEEE and the FCC it is seeing limited deployment..

Wiki page (Blah blah blah Very detailed information)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_line_communication

The service with Rogers of Canada
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/in...setProvince=NB

Map of ontario with power line i-net (light green)
    http://hispeed.rogers.com/expand/map_frames.html

What I posted below is an April fools paper from one i-net authority branch that would deliver electricity over the internet (like it delivers video and music now)
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 05-11-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Blog Entries

So if you were to use this to set up a LAN in your building, wouldn't you essentially have a backdoor into your network through your power mains?

Can I get a 10MB fiber optic line into my house already!
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera segn la justicia se reducira a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    So if you were to use this to set up a LAN in your building, wouldn't you essentially have a backdoor into your network through your power mains?

Can I get a 10MB fiber optic line into my house already!
    Bare nak'ed to da world..

If you refer to the map it is deployed where fiber is impractical (farms, cottages rural businesses et al)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Bare nak'ed to da world..

If you refer to the map it is deployed where fiber is impractical (farms, cottages rural businesses et al)
    Innovative solutions for the "last mile" problem.