Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oldie but goodie

Default Re: Oldie but goodie

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius.malec View Post
    Returned home (Southern Ontario) bc of serious health problem, not that adequate health care wasn't available in Nicaragua, and 2 re-bond with my adult children. Will return to Nica early autumn. Have prefered Nicaraguan social relationships to ex-pat Canadian or Gringo relationships, particularily Gringos who tend to have a lot of axs to grind. As 4 personal particulars about myself, they r irrelevant except as a source of ad hominem attacks, suffice to say politically [i] am left of centre, am diametrically
    opposed to imperialism in all its forms, and am dedicated to living long enuf to witness the collapse of the world's greatest most powerful empire ever conceived by imagination, military might, intimidation, coup d' etats, etc. blah blah, the American Empire. One wud rightly conclude my brief recent blurbs herein r antithetical to the purpose of this website, and to the majority(?) of its' membership. C'est la vie.
    Ben oui tabarnak! Coliss ouvre tes yeux plus grand!

I had never seen your writings before and all of a sudden I see someone that is snarling, spitting and spewing insults to all with no apparent reason, ‘as nutty as a run over dog in the freeway.’

Most all in here are kind. I do not include myself as being kind. Salud!

Default Re: What about the censorship?

The odds are excellent, u kno that from your own readings of history. Egyptian, Phoenician, Greek, Roman, to name only a few of the ancient ones. The Spanish, English, French, Soviet etc. All went down the tubes. Some quietly. Others violently. As much as I abhor war, and nucleur weaponry terrifies me (Did u live during the Kennedy-Kruschev show down? I sat thru that showdown - terrified, as did most Americans and Canadians). Succinctly, America has numerous Achillies heels. As more and more nations, big and small, aqquire the BIG BOMB and the means to deliver them to American soil, or elsewhere, the less hegonemy the US will have in being the dominate military force the world has yet seen, a military force used as a tool to enforce Washington's global political objectives., which are after all, asn they bhave been with all other empires, the guaranteed ensurance of essential resources.

Blog Entries

An observation - A gringo mixing with Nicas is engaging in a form of cultural imperialism. The world could be a very nasty place for travelers if cultures never influenced each other.

Anyway, greetings to the Sage of Southern Ontario.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    An observation - A gringo mixing with Nicas is engaging in a form of cultural imperialism. The world could be a very nasty place for travelers if cultures never influenced each other.

Anyway, greetings to the Sage of Southern Ontario.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Sage of Southern Ontario.
    Yes! welcome to the SSO, long live the new sage!

please, don't cyber stalk me like the last sage did!
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

a comment or 2. I wud say that the only "imperialism" was that I strived 2 learn as much about Nicaragua and its peoples as I cud. So, if anything I exploited Nicas. And while I suppose there is something I cud impart to Nicas, they get enuf Anglo TV that there's not too much I cud say to shape their view of the world. And it wud be a sad world if people of differing cultures didn't learn from each other.

Default Re: What about the censorship?

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius.malec View Post
    The odds are excellent, u kno that from your own readings of history. Egyptian, Phoenician, Greek, Roman, to name only a few of the ancient ones. The Spanish, English, French, Soviet etc. All went down the tubes. Some quietly. Others violently. As much as I abhor war, and nucleur weaponry terrifies me (Did u live during the Kennedy-Kruschev show down? I sat thru that showdown - terrified, as did most Americans and Canadians). Succinctly, America has numerous Achillies heels. As more and more nations, big and small, aqquire the BIG BOMB and the means to deliver them to American soil, or elsewhere, the less hegonemy the US will have in being the dominate military force the world has yet seen, a military force used as a tool to enforce Washington's global political objectives., which are after all, asn they bhave been with all other empires, the guaranteed ensurance of essential resources.
    That reads like a quote from the speech by Hugo Chavez at Petro Caribe yesterday in Nevis. No plagarism here sir.
    You'll excuse me, gentlemen. Your business is politics, mine is running a saloon.
    Casablanca-1942

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    Yes! welcome to the SSO, long live the new sage!

please, don't cyber stalk me like the last sage did!
    In all honesty DDT I thought it funny.......

But I know you did not.......Not one to speak ill of the dead.....

But it was petty......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    Ben oui tabarnak! Coliss ouvre tes yeux plus grand!

I had never seen your writings before and all of a sudden I see someone that is snarling, spitting and spewing insults to all with no apparent reason, ‘as nutty as a run over dog in the freeway.’

Most all in here are kind. I do not include myself as being kind. Salud!
    Ha. your a sleeper French Canadien. Well at least your an honest one, from another un-nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by bikingo View Post
    Ha. your a sleeper French Canadien. Well at least your an honest one, from another un-nice one.
    Nawh, but I am married to one who now proclaims that she too is a
    Texan. A lot in common we have, the Quebecois y Texicans.

since stephen f. austin's first colony in texas was in my county, we have an event called texian market days.

i was wondering what a texican represents?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

Someone from the other side of the county......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12