Thread: June 29-09

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default June 29-09

Dear Consular Wardens,

I hope you are all doing well.

I just wanted to touch base with you regarding the political situation in Honduras. We are not aware of any overt violence here in Nicaragua associated with events in Honduras. If you here otherwise, could you let me know via email or phone (8867-5658)?

We are continuing to receive reports regarding U.S. citizens who are kidnapped and robbed in taxis after sharing rides with strangers who have befriended them while traveling on a bus (warden message attached). Anything you can do to help us spread the word about this scam would be much appreciated. As this scam has primarily affected U.S. citizens traveling through Rivas, Granada and Leon, we have asked the wardens there specifically to help us post this information in hostels, hotels, etc.

Thanks again for the outstanding service you provide to the Embassy and your fellow Americans.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Default Re: June 29-09

In Managua, I have ridden with this cab driver in his nearly new cab with air conditioning that really works. He is not the cheapest but speaks really good English. He also looks for work as a translator, tour guide. His name and telephone number is Guillermo Cuadra, 8679-2640. He works from around Metro Centro.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Blog Entries

Does he give you a square deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Does he give you a square deal?
    bill square
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

The real issue with me, is safety. Here in San Juan del Sur, I feel comfortable with our taxies. But in Managua, where I only go maybe once a month, I either drive or have a Pelican Eyes driver but occasionally, I go with someone else and need to do other running around. The busses work really well and I have always been treated well, if you have the time to use them. But sometimes, I want to go now and get there not much later, then comes the use of a taxi. I know several people that have been robbed and even stabbed during taxi rides. (I just reread this post and can't believe the bad English, but I am to lazy to write it again.)
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Again I will say that I have never been treated better by a most professional, courteous English Speaking driver than El Doc's recommended driver Francisco (648-2925).

Politically, I secretly believe that he is a lefty, cause he will agree with you the whole of the way without argument.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    Again I will say that I have never been treated better by a most professional, courteous English Speaking driver than El Doc's recommended driver Francisco (648-2925).

Politically, I secretly believe that he is a lefty, cause he will agree with you the whole of the way without argument.
    Actually I'm not sure. I tested that theory and he seems to agree no matter what you say.

He's a wealth of information though and very punctual.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    Actually I'm not sure. I tested that theory and he seems to agree no matter what you say.

He's a wealth of information though and very punctual.
    Ain't that what I said? 'Tis no wonder that we do not agree.......being a Doc........check ya hearing! lol

Blog Entries

Ain't that what I said? 'Tis no wonder that we do not agree.......being a Doc........check ya hearing! lol
    He gave a second opinion. Aren't doctors supposed to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    He gave a second opinion. Aren't doctors supposed to do that?

Blog Entries

No, I meant no matter if you argue a left position or a right position, he seems to agree.

His dad was killed in the civil war, but I don't know for which side.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

No, I meant no matter if you argue a left position or a right position, he seems to agree.

Checking my log, calculating the drag and drift, it is my estimate, that on the fuel that I consume, we should be somewhat in concurrence on the port to which I landed?

Blog Entries

Checking my log, calculating the drag and drift, it is my estimate, that on the fuel that I consume, we should be somewhat in concurrence on the port to which I landed?

Anyway, he's a cool guy and very efficient. I recommend anyone give him a call if they need a pickup at the airport or a ride to SJDS. He can also give you a nice guided tour of the capital.

Francisco Perez Valle
    8-648-2925

Anyway, he's a cool guy and very efficient. I recommend anyone give him a call if they need a pickup at the airport or a ride to SJDS. He can also give you a nice guided tour of the capital.

Francisco Perez Valle
    8-648-2925
    An excellant choice~~~~~~~I guarantee!!!!!!

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will be Dog Gone...Once in a while TRN does have some useful info on it.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

i thought it was the war of northern aggression? pun intended...
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

, hell and it ain't even got to do with left right,middle or Obama for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    i thought it was the war of northern aggression? pun intended...
    Or the Great Patriotic War maybe?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    TRN is a process. Like rehab.