Default Velago Sailing School for SALE

Velago Nicaragua Sailing School in Nicaragua

is NOW ON SALE, here is the list of all the items to be sold:

http://www.velagogranada.com/buysell/forsale/index.html

Default Re: Velago Sailing School for SALE

thats ashame! why are you selling?

sorry to hear of it...
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tres frijoles View Post
    thats ashame! why are you selling?
    Couldn't get enough people interested in learning to sail. Ferdinand was busting his chops keeping that thing going and keeping his 6 full-time employees paid. They all became good sailors but not enough students to keep them busy.

He has a lot of good kayaks and sailboats for sale, all meticulously maintained in the finest Austrian tradition. If you need some gear for water sports, give the guy a hand and get a great deal on a boat. He's trying to raise enough funds to buy a cruising sailboat to keep his crew busy running tours on the lake and out to Corn Island.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    Couldn't get enough people interested in learning to sail. Ferdinand was busting his chops keeping that thing going and keeping his 6 full-time employees paid. They all became good sailors but not enough students to keep them busy.
    You know, the Nicas probably have it right about sailing and golf. What’s the use? You putt around in circles on the lake going nowhere and drive around the course ending up where you started? It’s a Gringo thingy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    You know, the Nicas probably have it right about sailing and golf. What’s the use? You putt around in circles on the lake going nowhere and drive around the course ending up where you started? It’s a Gringo thingy.
    Actually, Ferdinand's dream was to reduce the number of diesel and gas engines puttering around the lake and see a few more sails on the horizon. The wind is free. Petroleum is imported. There are practical sides to sailing and he was hitting a wall trying to instill that.

So they keep spending $4 a gallon for something they could be doing for free. He's dreamer, but at least his heart's in the right place.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    How many have come here years ahead of their self?.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Sorry to hear that! I wish you good luck........
    Dios es Amor!

Default Why I am selling?

Dear all!

El Doc hit the nails head. A sailing school and a sailing federation and people who support this idea (not only in a thread in an online forum) - this all sounds nice but the reality is different. Non of you would like to work for free, I have no "NGO" behind me...

I am restructuring the business, selling a lot of my stuff, 2 people will loose their job and go back to work for 300 Cords a week again...
    At the end I will be able to live out of it but the original idea will be dead.

Here is the updated list of sale (updated by July 17th)

http://www.velagogranada.com/downloa...ueladevela.pdf

Cheers,

Ferdinand