Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hipico Granada

Default Re: Hipico Granada

This is the house of a friend of my wifes in Granada, they recently converted this 1 story Colonia near La Merced into a 2 story, 7 or 8 bedroom hotel. I don't think they really rent many rooms though since I have never seen it listed as a hotel, nor is there any demand that far from the park.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Someone was interested in what the bedrooms look like, pretty basic, these were taken in May, not sure if they have done anything else with them lately. They all look into the center courtyard of the house
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Hipica 2011 should smell a lot better!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    La Baby Doc and I were discussing the overabundance of hotels as we walked home last night from Xlateva all the way to the house. Several had for sale or rent signs on them. It seems that they were overbuilt. A lot of foreigners bought really large colonials for a song and converted them into hotels. The remodels are nice to look at, but we can't figure out how that many people could be visiting.

The economy is down worldwide. That's not time to stop. Recessions are times for consolidation. The good businesses will weather the downturn and the bad ones will adapt or go belly up. Natural selection of the marketplace, as it should be.

There are some really impressive buildings around town. I wonder if any of them will be on the market at closeout prices soon.
    General rule is price of hotel should be 3 times annual revenue. So 180 room property with $2,000,000 probably worth $6,000,000 in USA. That was pre-credit crunch. Now there are some hotels in Nicaragua that have 12 rooms and less than $60,000 yearly revenue and they are asking $1,800,000 which is nuts! Labor is cheaper-yes, but everything else is same or more like electricity. I wouldn't touch a hotel because the electric company in Nicaragua is worse than dealing with the Mafia.

My avatar is meant to promote a negative visual response and I make no moral equivocations between images. To me all are scumbags to some degree and each has own emotional response.

Quote Originally Posted by tresfrijoles View Post
    This is the house of a friend of my wifes in Granada, they recently converted this 1 story Colonia near La Merced into a 2 story, 7 or 8 bedroom hotel. I don't think they really rent many rooms though since I have never seen it listed as a hotel, nor is there any demand that far from the park.
    What are the weekly and monthly rates? Do they have Internet access?

My avatar is meant to promote a negative visual response and I make no moral equivocations between images. To me all are scumbags to some degree and each has own emotional response.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Seed View Post

I do not know, they mentioned to me a price range that they were still not sure of $30-40 dollars a night. I have an email in, so I should get a response within a week otherwise I will tell my wife to call them and ask.

This is not the primary source of income for the family its something extra that they did, I suppose because every damn house in Granada has been converted into a hotel!

Blog Entries

Internet access may be a moot point nowadays. Claro has a 3G service that you can get even on a prepaid basis now that is around $50 per month. Makes searching for WiFi signals a thing of the past. Works all the way out to El Diamante.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    Internet access may be a moot point nowadays. Claro has a 3G service that you can get even on a prepaid basis now that is around $50 per month. Makes searching for WiFi signals a thing of the past. Works all the way out to El Diamante.
    Does the 3G service work near Mombacho? This is where my wife's family lives and we would like to get them internet service. Right now there is no internet, nor cable nor landline phones. Supposedly the phone company is putting in a new land line out to this area along the carretera.
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    Does the 3G service work near Mombacho? This is where my wife's family lives and we would like to get them internet service. Right now there is no internet, nor cable nor landline phones. Supposedly the phone company is putting in a new land line out to this area along the carretera.
    I know it works out at El Diamante which is at the eastern foot of Mombacho. The tower is actually on the top of Mombacho as far as I know, but I don't know if you get defilade effect if you get to close.

Even if the phone company puts in landlines, it doesn't mean you'll be able to get DSL service. DSL lines have to be within a certain distance to the switching station, so even if there's phone, there's not necessarily internet.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

I got a price for a monthly rate

el costo del alquiler seria de 300 dolares al mes
    lo que incluye luz, agua, televisor con cable, internet inalambrico, y uso del lavandero, el cuarto tiene abanico de techo y los muebles

BAD SEED SAYS:

My Spanish is good enough to know that is a pretty good deal. So about a half mile from Central Park? I think I know the area and it is very quiet over there? Have you been?

BAD SEED SAYS:

My Spanish is good enough to know that is a pretty good deal. So about a half mile from Central Park? I think I know the area and it is very quiet over there? Have you been?

Its a total of about 3 blocks from La Merced (2 blocks this way and 1 block that away, I just don't know the exact direction off hand). I have been over there a few times, but just for a visit, not to spend the night.

From the outside you would not know that they rent rooms, no signs, just the big old wooden doors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12