Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photos of Puerto Cabezas

Default Re: Photos of Puerto Cabezas

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Terrence - Thanks for sharing fotos of your visit with us, especially those of your family. It makes Puerto Cabezas more real, more special, a setting of unimaginable pathos, reuniting with your flesh & blood after a lifetime apart, a return to your birthplace. To know your sister, your brother for the first time in your young life, is like a chance to meet yourself afresh, less all the cultural trappings. What were you feeling? Identity or strangeness? I see pure innocence in the cherubic face of your nephew Donovan. Is that you mother sitting in the one labeled 'family'?

Please let us know when your Puerto Cabezas family reunion DVD is ready to release. And, by all means, keep it honest.
    I'll def let everyone know when the documentary is completed. I have put several years of my life into this project and lots of money. It also covers a little of Nicaragua's history, my family's ties to Corn Island and Puerto Cabezas. I am related to the Morgan family on Corn Island. My grandmother whom I called mom and who raised me is a Morgan. She had a child with the mayor of Corn Island (at the time) and her dad ran one of the few grocery stores on the island at the time. My grandma's cousin wrote a book on the history of Corn Island. He is a minister and has preached on and off of the island. Here is the book he wrote. I think its out of print now but you can find a few copies of it floating around on Amazon.com

My documentary talks about all those issues ... reuniting with my family, country, the effect the war had on my family, etc.,
    There is nothing free about markets.

Default Re: Photos of Puerto Cabezas

Quote Originally Posted by theNicaULuv2Hate View Post
    I'll def let everyone know when the documentary is completed. I have put several years of my life into this project and lots of money. It also covers a little of Nicaragua's history, my family's ties to Corn Island and Puerto Cabezas. I am related to the Morgan family on Corn Island. My grandmother whom I called mom and who raised me is a Morgan. She had a child with the mayor of Corn Island (at the time) and her dad ran one of the few grocery stores on the island at the time. My grandma's cousin wrote a book on the history of Corn Island. He is a minister and has preached on and off of the island. Here is the book he wrote. I think its out of print now but you can find a few copies of it floating around on Amazon.com

My documentary talks about all those issues ... reuniting with my family, country, the effect the war had on my family, etc.,
    I have the book, a gift from a Costeno amigo, excellent read and resource.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12