Thread: Moving to Nicaragua - Rentals easy or not?

TRN Member
    Roaming Nicaragua's cities, towns and backwaters

Default Moving to Nicaragua - Rentals easy or not?

Hi,

This sort of thing has probably been covered in the forum before, so my apologies if I'm covering old ground...

Basically, I will be moving to Nicaragua in November and am looking for an apartment or house to rent in Granada for a period of six weeks. Following that, I'll be spending a month here and there in different places. I'll be in the country for six months or so, returning again towards the end of 2010.

Is it easy to find reasonably priced, safe accommodation in Granada - or anywhere else? Services like GPS seem to be extremely expensive for what they offer. For example, $450 per month for an 'efficiency' apartment that consists of a single room and bathroom.

Does anyone know anyone who has a place to rent? I'd consider living anywhere, perhaps, except Managua. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard

p.s. I have a blog, btw, that might interest some members http://interamericana.co.uk

Default Re: Moving to Nicaragua - Rentals easy or not?

Here a little help.........

http://www.therealnicaragua.com/vb/f...ghlight=rental

Don't forget to negotiate! And let us know how you do.
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

get in touch with Bobby here and drop him a PM:

http://www.therealnicaragua.com/vb/f...ember.php?u=62

He rents places in Granada and knows renters as well, eldoc may be able to assist you as well.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by workrobotwork View Post
    Hi,

This sort of thing has probably been covered in the forum before, so my apologies if I'm covering old ground...

Basically, I will be moving to Nicaragua in November and am looking for an apartment or house to rent in Granada for a period of six weeks. Following that, I'll be spending a month here and there in different places. I'll be in the country for six months or so, returning again towards the end of 2010.

Is it easy to find reasonably priced, safe accommodation in Granada - or anywhere else? Services like GPS seem to be extremely expensive for what they offer. For example, $450 per month for an 'efficiency' apartment that consists of a single room and bathroom.

Does anyone know anyone who has a place to rent? I'd consider living anywhere, perhaps, except Managua. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard

p.s. I have a blog, btw, that might interest some members http://interamericana.co.uk

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by workrobotwork View Post
    Hi,

Cheers,

Richard

There are a limited number of one bedroom, bath apartments with air for no more than $320 month in SJDS. Lots of rooms for less.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Blog Entries

Rental properties are available everywhere right now. Negotiate hard because it's a buyers market. Also, if you have the option and aren't looking for anything too posh, get a local to get the starting price. The "gringo price" is still ridiculous.

Drop me a line if you need any help on anything in Granada. The place is empty right now.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

TRN Member
    Roaming Nicaragua's cities, towns and backwaters

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great responses and leads. I'll let you know how it all pans out.

Cheers,

Richard