Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycles

Default Re: Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    In college i rode friends bikes. my longest ride was from austin to san marcos and back.... then after getting out of the army, i borrowed a friends bike.... for transportation til my car came out of the community college where it was being worked on....

so now i want a bike.... still need to take the 2 day safety course... i am not young anymore...
    Remember.......fat old dudes........are good targets for the new young drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    Remember.......fat old dudes........are good targets for the new young drivers.
    whatchya talkin 'bout, willis? i may be old, but who said i was fat....

am i gonna have to open a can of whoopass on you?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

whatchya talkin 'bout, willis? i may be old, but who said i was fat....

am i gonna have to open a can of whoopass on you?
    Nor be I.........but this is the "tag that we are given" when dead aim is taken on us by the young snots.

In college i rode friends bikes. my longest ride was from austin to san marcos and back.... then after getting out of the army, i borrowed a friends bike.... for transportation til my car came out of the community college where it was being worked on....

so now i want a bike.... still need to take the 2 day safety course... i am not young anymore...
    When I moved to Costs Rica in 1986, I brought a Yamaha Virago 1100 Special with me. It was a mistake. In Florida it was a great bike, but in this part of the world a big cruiser just doesn"t work.
    You might want to check on the injuries and deaths from motorcycles in the past 15 yrs in the U.S. As more and more old farts like us bought Fat Boys, these stats went through the roof. In Nicaragua, I now have a 150cc scooter. I still lust for a Ducati, but my scooter works just fine for Granada.

Quote Originally Posted by howard cox View Post
    When I moved to Costs Rica in 1986, I brought a Yamaha Virago 1100 Special with me. It was a mistake. In Florida it was a great bike, but in this part of the world a big cruiser just doesn"t work.
    You might want to check on the injuries and deaths from motorcycles in the past 15 yrs in the U.S. As more and more old farts like us bought Fat Boys, these stats went through the roof. In Nicaragua, I now have a 150cc scooter. I still lust for a Ducati, but my scooter works just fine for Granada.
    what do you recommend for sjds? and climbing that large hill up to the jesus statute?
    Last edited by Dr. Demento; 10-02-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

150cc scooter,for me 50cc scooter is engough
    if only for work,50cc scooter is engough

what do you recommend for sjds? and climbing that large hill up to the jesus statute?
    Any 250cc Enduro, preferably Japanese.

Any 250cc Enduro, preferably Japanese.
    thanks, i'll take the largest frame 250cc enduro japanese, please...

Gen08's cook was telling me her brother was coming to pick her up on his 150 cc motorcycle. She said it makes it up and down all the hills there just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tresfrijoles View Post
    Gen08's cook was telling me her brother was coming to pick her up on his 150 cc motorcycle. She said it makes it up and down all the hills there just fine.
    good to know!

btw, can you take a picture of that mantica architect house on my street the next time you go to sjds?

I am calling around for prices and names of motorcycles to quite a few dealers for a fellow member of therealnicaragua.com and I figure I would post the information here for others use.

He was originally going to purchase and had a deposit down on a bike from a dealer in Managua. They had 3 major varieties of bikes, a small scooter for U$400, a sport bike for U$750 and a dirt bike for U$850. However he was not happy with the service nor how they built the bikes up. He got his full deposit back and is now searching the following companies, here is the information I have found out. I will have the information from the other companies down the line and will edit this bost to reflect it.

Speedy Motos
    250-2493
    sells Pioneer Motorcycles 125cc cost is U$780 and 150 cc costs U$1000

Nica Motors
    240-0553
    A message says the phone is temporarily out of service

Moto Centro
    250-3485

They sell Haobon (not sure if that’s spelled right) motorcycles. They do have a 125cc for U$950, a sport bike 150cc for U$1350 and all terrain bike with 250cc. for U$1800

Lifan
    288-2010
    message says that the call can not be completed

Motos Yuki
    270-7709
    No one answers for a while and then it goes straight to a fax machine signal.

Dong Fang
    240-0802
    Dong Fang is the mark on the motorcycle, she said its similar to the Genesis 125cc. and they sell it for U$900. This is the only motorcycle they sell and they do have them in stock.

Storm
    269-0100
    The lady said that a salesman was not present and she would call me back later with the information.

UM United Motors
    250-6608
    They sell UM brand motorcycles, they have a 100cc bike that is a “Messenger” style bike for U$789, they have a 125cc mix between a Messenger and sport bike for U$899 and they have a 150cc bike for U$1200. Ask for Marta Garcia.

Zafari
    263-0143
    No one answers, just a message machine that does not even say if they are Zafari

Freedom
    278-4556

Cruz Corena
    271-1553

Casa Cross Kayak
    268-4693

Dimosa
    266-9550

Kymco
    250-1903

Scooter King
    270-6246, 270-6259, 270-6251

Casa Shannon
    289-4744

Enimosa Honda
    250-6134

Eagle
    250-8889

Masea
    278-2192, 278-2204, 278-5003, 278-8517

Mega Motors
    248-3234, 248-3235

Global Motors
    2222-2322?

Gensesis
    254-4745, 254-4894, 254-8123

Ensambladora Nicaguense Moto Cicletas
    250-1800

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Bet ya make more on that then the mugs... Actually now that I think about it where did the mugs link go??

All:Merry Christmas to you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12