Thread: Nicaraguan "fish sticks"

Default Nicaraguan "fish sticks"

Have you tried these? Did you know they came from this?

http://nicaragua-stuff.blogspot.com/...igo.html#links

Default Re: Nicaraguan "fish sticks"

You can use a cookie cutter and make "scallops" out of most ray's. Many purported scallops are sting ray. Way back when we would go out at night and catch a few big ones, cut the flanks out and cut them with a cookie cutter and sell them as scallops to local resturants (they knew what they were, but the tourists didn't). Stingray is good eats.

Good pictures and video, thanks for sharing.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have just been experimenting lately in the ketchin......

Now I love a good Tuna fish salad sammich (did I spell it right this time El D?)

I have boneless filleted Snook, Mackrel, Stone Bass, Mas Mas, (don't ask me what this is but is a fresh water fish)

Ain't tried it yet with one of Fishercigarman's What the hell does he call that thing, got a big 'ole knot on his head, the fish not Cigarman....

He gets 'em out of Lake Apanas somewhere, Ahhh, He catches 'em with a baited hook, spear fishing and sometimes Dynamite on a bad day...

Wonder if that Nicaraguan Rednek has tried a Shotgun yet?

They all make dam, and not the river kind, good fish salad, a little letus and maters salt and pepper will make Tiny Tim walk again....

My crowd loves it....

Oh and RPG cutting scaloops out of stingrays I have heard it done, but there ain't as many rays as there is sea, bay and calicos......

I shell stocked literly Trillions of calicos off the Carolinas and Georga and Florida.....

What got me tickled one time was a Yankee come up beside my Trawler in his skiff, I was to the dock in St Augustine waiting to get unloaded with her (the boat) bumpers shoved to the water with a double truck load on her deck, over 100,000 pounds, and asked me for a few......

I gave him a bucket full, next day he came back and told me, he liked the white part of them, but did not care for the rest of it, he ate the whole thing like an oyster.....

I got so tickled at him I cried.....
    Last edited by Just Plain John Wayne; 11-18-2009 at 01:58 PM.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Wah po' tay marinated in buckshot. Mmmm!

Blog Entries

Ahh, the Wah Pote......With lead and not cork.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post

Oh and RPG cutting scaloops out of stingrays I have heard it done, but there ain't as many rays as there is sea, bay and calicos......

I shell stocked literly Trillions of calicos off the Carolinas and Georga and Florida.....

What got me tickled one time was a Yankee come up beside my Trawler in his skiff, I was to the dock in St Augustine waiting to get unloaded with her (the boat) bumpers shoved to the water with a double truck load on her deck, over 100,000 pounds, and asked me for a few......

I gave him a bucket full, next day he came back and told me, he liked the white part of them, but did not care for the rest of it, he ate the whole thing like an oyster.....

I got so tickled at him I cried.....
    I love that.

JPJW, Down in Texas there ain't many scallops but sting rays are thicker than fleas and a lot cheaper. LOL.

That story above me reminds me of the time I was working on sportfishing boats and a guy hired me to help him on his yatch, more to teach him stuff. Anyway, we caught a bunch of fish, one really nice bull dolphin, and he wanted to learn how to clean it. So I set him up on a water side cleaning table and away we go. I walked him through peeling it and filleting it all nice and pretty, cutting the blood line out and such. As he finished one side he asks "what do we do next", I say "Flip it over" and so he gets this really pretty fish and throws it in the ICW, and asks me "Like that?". I was like "well that was really good, but maybe we could have cleaned the other side first". People amaze you sometimes.

Blog Entries

Offshore of Passcagoula I saw a dingbatter,(sport fisherman) catch a seagull and he was going to be a nice guy, de hook 'em and turn ;em loose.......

Seems it devloped into a big fight the bird and the man.....

That seagull nearly killed him, next thing I know he was whackin' that bird on the stern of that boat with the string in his hands......

He had done give up being Mr. Nice Guy......

Blog Entries

Offshore of Passcagoula I saw a dingbatter,(sport fisherman) catch a seagull and he was going to be a nice guy, de hook 'em and turn ;em loose.......

That seagull nearly killed him, next thing I know he was whackin' that bird on the stern of that boat with the string in his hands......

Blog Entries

"Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

I have a house on the water back in Port Isabel, and turned it into a duplex and I was doing some painting one day when my downstairs renter went and hooked up a brown pelican with a surf rod from my pier. She proceeded to reel it in and the fun began.

That pelican went police to Rodney King on her and wrapped her up in the fishing line. Now then she was trying to fight off the Cujo version of the brown pelican while making her escape with the enraged pelican in tow. It looked like 3 monkeys trying to hump a greased terrydactyl. Then she proceed to try and kill it with the anger of a woman scorned and bitten all while I was yelling for her to calm down and that it was an endangered species and she would go to jail for hurting it.

I finally got it un-hooked while using her as sheild like the bomb squad guys use that big metal tube thing for protection and off went one pissed off pelican. Oh, and did I mention that pelicans take stinky dumps all over the place when engaged in combat? Well they do.

If anyone would have had a video phone that would have been top ten on America's funniest home videos.

Rats with wings, that is what they are, rats with wings. Screeching sonsabitches

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    Rats with wings, that is what they are, rats with wings. Screeching sonsabitches
    $hi+ Hawks..

==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Yes they are rather stupid, Some friends and I watched one try to swaller a jumbo flounder on Ocracoke Island one time, now he knew good and well that fish was too big for him, but it was comical watchin' try to eat it anyway......

Like some Liberals I know, only squak, eat and $hit.....

Blog Entries

Yes they are rather stupid, Some friends and I watched one try to swaller a jumbo flounder on Ocracoke Island one time, now he knew good and well that fish was too big for him, but it was comical watchin' try to eat it anyway......

Like some Liberals I know, only squak, eat and $hit.....

Blog Entries

I'm fixin' to tell another lie.....

One time in Frogmore SC shrimpin' I would bust one's A$$ once in a while with my .38 up at the wheel, now the cook on my boat got a bit pissed because I would forget to holler "Fire in the Hole" before shootin the pistol....

Capt,n you want to kill a seagull, I'm going to show you how to kill a God dam seagull, looked under his bunk and took out his shotgun loaded with buckshot, walked back on the stern, dumped a basket of trash fish over the side and put about 100 on the water with it, came back in the house laughing, now Capt'n, THAT is how it's done.....