Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73

Thread: Seeking...

  1. #1

    Default Seeking...

    I am a 40+ year old american living part-time in Nicaragua for the past 5 years operating an arts and crafts export business. My Spanish is good (so say the locals). Along with a liberal arts bachiller's degree, I have experience in a mulititude of different things besides arts and crafts export to include:
    U.S. Coast Guard Licenced Captain (6 pack) scuba charters
    commercial fisherman (commercial spearfishing)
    PADI Divemaster
    Computer-aided drafting (AutoCAD)
    Public speaking

    Started out in Nicaragua at Casa Iguana on Little Corn back when Grant was running the place. And have been doing the arts and crafts export stuff since then. I am married to a Nicaraguan, we live in Masaya, I own a vehicle and land. AND I don't want to go back to the states or participate in the US scene any more. Seeking jobs, opportunites to keep me satisfied and in Nicaragua for the longterm.

    If you have anything (intelligent) to offer or discuss please drop me a line at craftsnica@yahoo.com

    Thanks,
    Ed

  2. #2
    Fightin Irish JackMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jinotepe, Carazo.... Nicaragua & OCMD
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Quote Originally Posted by deepfish View Post

    If you have anything (intelligent) to offer or discuss please drop me a line....

    Thanks,
    Ed
    That leaves me out!
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

  3. #3
    Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Casares/Estelii, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,073
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Damn,me too

    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    That leaves me out!

  4. #4
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,208
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Me, three.

  5. #5
    Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,147

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Must have posted on the wrong board
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

  6. #6
    House SOB Little Corn Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Posts
    9,824
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Quote Originally Posted by deepfish View Post
    I am a 40+ year old american living part-time in Nicaragua for the past 5 years operating an arts and crafts export business. My Spanish is good (so say the locals). Along with a liberal arts bachiller's degree, I have experience in a mulititude of different things besides arts and crafts export to include:
    U.S. Coast Guard Licenced Captain (6 pack) scuba charters
    commercial fisherman (commercial spearfishing)
    PADI Divemaster
    Computer-aided drafting (AutoCAD)
    Public speaking

    Started out in Nicaragua at Casa Iguana on Little Corn back when Grant was running the place. And have been doing the arts and crafts export stuff since then. I am married to a Nicaraguan, we live in Masaya, I own a vehicle and land. AND I don't want to go back to the states or participate in the US scene any more. Seeking jobs, opportunites to keep me satisfied and in Nicaragua for the longterm.

    If you have anything (intelligent) to offer or discuss please drop me a line at craftsnica@yahoo.com

    Thanks,
    Ed
    Ummm Ed,

    Kind of a bad start here buddy ...

    With these degrees, you really should spell "bachelors" better than JPJW.

    Also we try to save our really "intelligent" posts for this site.

    Lastly, what did you do for Casa Iguana when Grant was there? I seem to remember a handyman there named Ed... was that you?

    LCT
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

  7. #7
    Viejo del Foro El Greco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miami,Kendall
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Seeking...

    The Best thing to do in Nicaragua is work for yourself, people who have gone back and expatriots most of them have their own businesses
    Dios es Amor!

  8. #8
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Well said El G.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  9. #9
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,208
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Tom, give him a break, that was the Nica spelling.

  10. #10
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Hey I don't mind LCT pickin' on ma spellin'

    I larned it from him.....

    We went to school togedder, and he tought me my first cuss word....

    taught me how to spel $hit.......

    I didn't believe him at first, so then we looked it up in the dictionary when the teacher won't lookin'.....

    He wuz rite.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  11. #11
    Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Casares/Estelii, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,073
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: Seeking...

    LCT giving someone a break? $hit,he won't even give iguanas a break

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Tom, give him a break, that was the Nica spelling.

  12. #12
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    LCT giving someone a break? $hit,he won't even give iguanas a break
    .... That was a good one....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  13. #13
    House SOB Little Corn Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Posts
    9,824
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Seeking...

    I ain't the House SOB for nothin ya know.

    By the way my neighor stopped by this am and bragged about how he killed 2 ... count 'em 2, 3 foot iguanas on his property.

    Buncha rednecks in South Florida I guess....
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

  14. #14
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Seeking...

    They taste like Chicken.......

    But getting back on topic, I know it hurts guy's but we do have to be a bit helpful to our new Members.....

    Look Deepfish....I am a man of the sea as well, and my advise to you having all that education and experiance.......

    In a place like this and you are young yet......

    FIND A NEED AND FILL IT.......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  15. #15
    Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Casares/Estelii, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,073
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: Seeking...

    I went fishing today on my little bass boat I have here in Florida and I must have counted over 30 hugeeee iguanas, about 4 of them were a good 5+ feet , they looked like baby Godzillas .
    This was close to Del Ray LCT .

    I wish more folks ate them here in Florida,they have really become a nuisance,they seem to be every freaking where there is water .

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    I ain't the House SOB for nothin ya know.

    By the way my neighor stopped by this am and bragged about how he killed 2 ... count 'em 2, 3 foot iguanas on his property.

    Buncha rednecks in South Florida I guess....

  16. #16
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    I went fishing today on my little bass boat I have here in Florida and I must have counted over 30 hugeeee iguanas, about 4 of them were a good 5+ feet , they looked like baby Godzillas .
    This was close to Del Ray LCT .

    I wish more folks ate them here in Florida,they have really become a nuisance,they seem to be every freaking where there is water .

    Hey we used to have a saying in the south....

    Eat Mo Possum.....

    We just goin' to have to change that I guess.....

    If they are such a bother, and even one would be a bother to LCT, if it $hits in his swimmin pool........

    Even first offenders.......

    Perhaps the wildlife service should classify them as varmits and put a year round hunting season, no bag limits....

    I know 'em Florida redneks..... Some of 'em basturds will kill just for the pure sweet hell of it......

    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  17. #17

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Hey we used to have a saying in the south....

    Eat Mo Possum.....

    We just goin' to have to change that I guess.....

    If they are such a bother, and even one would be a bother to LCT, if it $hits in his swimmin pool........
    Then Alleman would present a problem?

  18. #18
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Oh Lord, I forgot about Alleman, he got off on that too.....

    And a few whores as well...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  19. #19
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,208
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Seeking...

    I doubt Tom would object to whores in his pool.

  20. #20
    House SOB Little Corn Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Posts
    9,824
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Isn't that why God made pools?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Seeking...

    yea, I was in a hurry and didn't seem to find a spell check within all the other bells and whistles on the site,

    What didn't a person do when they were a slave, I mean an employee of Grant's? manager, handyman, boat captain, waiter...

    thank you to those with productive comments...

  22. #22
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,208
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Quote Originally Posted by deepfish View Post
    thank you to those with productive comments...
    ...and to the rest of us?


  23. #23
    House SOB Little Corn Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Posts
    9,824
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Quote Originally Posted by deepfish View Post
    yea, I was in a hurry and didn't seem to find a spell check within all the other bells and whistles on the site,

    What didn't a person do when they were a slave, I mean an employee of Grant's? manager, handyman, boat captain, waiter...

    thank you to those with productive comments...
    Yeah, Grant did not make too many friends and had quite a lot of turnover.

    Are you the guy who had a ton of tools shipped down to Granada? And bought some property there?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    ...and to the rest of us?

    I imagine you all will go back to sucking down your rogaine-prozac-viagra-flor de cana cocktails in a bar full of "ex-pats" that are sitting around bitching about how the local's English is so bad while simultaneously convincing yourself how guapo you are in the eyes of the 17 yr old campesina that just stumbled though the door?

  25. #25
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,208
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Seeking...

    Quote Originally Posted by deepfish View Post
    I imagine you all will go back to sucking down your rogaine-prozac-viagra-flor de cana cocktails in a bar full of "ex-pats" that are sitting around bitching about how the local's English is so bad while simultaneously convincing yourself how guapo you are in the eyes of the 17 yr old campesina that just stumbled though the door?
    Yeah, pretty much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Salvadoreñas seeking Non-Grata status of Ortega
    By tresfrijoles in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 03:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Also visit the False Bluff Blog!