Thread: Cubs After Vicente Padilla?

Default Cubs After Vicente Padilla?

As much as I don't like the drunk, it would mean more televised Cub's games!!! Hey, I'm for it!

Cubs After Vicente Padilla?

Here’s about as bare bones as a rumor gets: the Cubs are looking to sign Vicente Padilla. That’s it. That’s all I got on the details.
    La Prensa in Nicaragua reports that the Cubs and Cardinals are in the lead to sign free-agent pitcher Vicente Padilla, according to Cesar Batista, who is linked with the agency representing the right-hander. Diamond Notes.
    If true, this could be a solid move - presuming Padilla will take a one-year, lower money deal. If I haven’t said it enough, the Chicago Cubs rotation gets NO attention from the pundits, but is perhaps more scary than the lineup. Next year, the Cubs will enter the season with a rotation of Carlos Zambrano, Ryan Dempster, Randy Wells, and then two question marks. The first three have names, but each also comes with his own big fat question mark (in order: can Zambrano be a consistent ace, was his second half of the season the true Dempster, and was Wells’ season a fluke).
    A little veteran depth can’t hurt. Padilla, 32, put together an adequate season last year, splitting time between Texas (where he was just ok) and Los Angeles (where he was very good). Padilla’s ERA+ for the year, which adjusts for park influences, was a precisely average 100. In fact, that’s also his career ERA+. So Padilla’s pretty much as average as it gets. Which is not a bad thing, of course, it just means that anything more than a one-year contract in the $4 to 6 million range would be a mistake.

Default Re: Cubs After Vicente Padilla?

I wish the Mets would go get him...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richit View Post
    I wish the Mets would go get him...
    I wish the Padres would get him if for no other reason than I could finally see some games down here.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

El D. With Cabrera in SS for the padres, you will be seen a lot more games next year.

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You took the words out of my mouth pofy!!!

Now that Everth Cabrera is the STARTING short Stop for the padres,Nicaragua(el pueblo presidente ) more than likely will air a bunch of padres games,just so you can watch their agenda filled commercials .

That won't matter,like my BIL told me,"I was watching padilla pitched,but as soon as the commercials come I change channels" .

Myself,on the other hand,am left with no other choice but to subscribe to MLB extra innings just so I can watch Cabrera play,this kid is AMAZING!!!
    It's gonna be fun,to finally be able to watch a Nicaraguan born player,play the entire game on a every game basis.

Go Cabrera,not ready to say Go Padres yet, yak will get mad at me,besides now that the phils got Holladay they are a force to be reckon with,I predict Holladay winning over 20 games .

Go Phils !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivense67 View Post
    El D. With Cabrera in SS for the padres, you will be seen a lot more games next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rivense67 View Post
    I subscribed to MLB.com for the World Series. It was out of this world. You get every camera, stats out the yin yang; it's like being in the directors booth during the game. I think that's the way I'll be seeing games this year. They make every game available live. The only wild card is how well my internet connection will be behaving.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Hey Felix.. while you are waiting for spring training you can watch this....

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/1...et-to-face-din

Mayorga to fight his first MMA fight in March! And it looks like Din (his opponent) doesn't care much for Nicaraguans! Or maybe it's just Mayorga he doesn't like.....

From Din......
    "I think he is afraid of me. If he does accept the fight I will put him into retirement and send him back to his fruit stand in Nicaragua. He will be wearing a straw hat, smoking cigarettes, and selling bananas once and for all. This is MMA and I will beat him standing or on the ground. I will let him pick how he wants to lose his first MMA fight."
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    Hey Felix.. while you are waiting for spring training you can watch this....

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/1...et-to-face-din

Mayorga to fight his first MMA fight in March! And it looks like Din (his opponent) doesn't care much for Nicaraguans! Or maybe it's just Mayorga he doesn't like.....

From Din......
    "I think he is afraid of me. If he does accept the fight I will put him into retirement and send him back to his fruit stand in Nicaragua. He will be wearing a straw hat, smoking cigarettes, and selling bananas once and for all. This is MMA and I will beat him standing or on the ground. I will let him pick how he wants to lose his first MMA fight."
    Big smack talkin'. MMA rules!

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    I subscribed to MLB.com for the World Series. It was out of this world. You get every camera, stats out the yin yang; it's like being in the directors booth during the game. I think that's the way I'll be seeing games this year. They make every game available live. The only wild card is how well my internet connection will be behaving.
    Sounds great Doc. Now, please PM me and give me your log-in information. I promise I will only use it to browse Cubs games. Thanks!~