Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well it is settled almost

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Well it is settled almost

So far the PLC has won the elections in RAAN......

The YATAMA party has accepted this.....

But they would never have accepted a win by the FSLN.....

I am not favoring one over the other, because I am not from here....

But I do want so to see peace and prosperity......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Well it is settled almost

I thought that the FSLN was announced the winner?

What about RAAS?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I saw on channel 10 last night, multitudes of PLC in the streets celibratting victory....

I have not seen anything offical here in RAAN but the scuttlebutt is all is calm now because PLC won out here.....

My wife just told me the FSLN and the PLC will part the rule here, and the YAYAMA have accepted this because the Frente will not be in complete charge....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

The multitides were in Bluefields.... Sorry for leaving that out..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    I am not favoring one over the other, because I am not from here....
    I don't know about that. I've met two Miskitos from Port on two separate occasions our here. Not only did they say they knew you, they said you're one of them.

And my mom says I'm the one that's gone Injun.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

But I do want so to see peace and prosperity......

Some how I think Nicaragua was absent the day they taught that in school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    [/B]

Some how I think Nicaragua was absent the day they taught that in school.
    No, the school was burned down by Contras and the teacher was shot.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    No, the school was burned down by Contras and the teacher was shot.
    So they murdered a Cuban?

Blog Entries

I don't know about that. I've met two Miskitos from Port on two separate occasions our here. Not only did they say they knew you, they said you're one of them.

And my mom says I'm the one that's gone Injun.

OK I will publickly admit it......

I was adopted by the Miskito Indian nation... But I have to keep my sentiments about the politics nuetrail and private....

I dam sure don't want to get deported for getting involved in it... It ain't like home...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bikingo View Post
    So they murdered a Cuban?
    Or a russian.....

Blog Entries

Or a russian.....
    Or a teacher.

Or a teacher.
    Chances are that it would be the postman.

Blog Entries

Or a Dr.......

I had one tell me one time, Ok son, skin it back and milk it down.....

Later he answered by question......

Yea Boy, you got a strain alright, turn that tail around here and let me give you a shot....

Blog Entries

Or a Dr.......

Yeah, they killed a lot of them, too; along with nurses and any other soft target the government sent to try and better the condition of regular people. Full-spectrum warfare justified by opposition to an ideology and the inability to actually defeat real soldiers on a battlefield. Nowadays we call it terrorism.

People who say all is fair in love and war are invariably philanderers and murderers.

Blog Entries

The sad fact I have discovered on both sides of the fence......

If you were thought to support one side or the other, no matter how insignificant, or just on plain gossip, your ass was grass to one or the other....

Yeah, they killed a lot of them, too; along with nurses and any other soft target the government sent to try and better the condition of regular people. Full-spectrum warfare justified by opposition to an ideology and the inability to actually defeat real soldiers on a battlefield. Nowadays we call it terrorism.

People who say all is fair in love and war are invariably philanderers and murderers.
    And people who post crap about a conflict they know jack about are predictable trolls.

Blog Entries

Well I got my info from the horses mouth......

She lived thru it..... My wife...

Blog Entries

And people who post crap about a conflict they know jack about are predictable trolls.
    People often think their own personal experience in an event trumps the thousands of other personal experiences.

You have to wonder how far one can see from a single point of view at the ground level. It's usually not the best vantage point in any situation. I think the record speaks for itself.

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So do I broder,So do I,I lived it in Flesh and Bones!! ain't no Mofo,gonna tell me otherwise,by reading agenda filled books.(tortilla con sal guy)

I even held an AK,for 3+ moths,and pissed and shitted on my pants,the first couple of encounters with La Contra,at 14 I even got to see a fellow kid get his headd blown away,RIGHT FREAKING NEXT TO ME .

$hit like that,at 14, impacts you for the rest of ones lives.

Exactly right JW, she could tell it all about how the Sandis treated the Costenos. I never understood how any Rama or Miskito could become a Sandi.

People often think their own personal experience in an event trumps the thousands of other personal experiences.

You have to wonder how far one can see from a single point of view at the ground level. It's usually not the best vantage point in any situation. I think the record speaks for itself.
    The dispute is in the record, who writes it? Which version is one willing to embrace? If one was in the North in the Occidente their experiences were vastly different than one who was in the south east where ARDE operated or on the coast with the Injuns. Even timing comes into play, the main Contra force in the north acted very differently in the first two years than it did after say 86. To think that the Contra wasn't capable of battlefield success against the Frente is/was a mistaken idea of both the left and the supporters of the Contra. The evidence was to the contrary. The Sandis were almost entirely young conscripts and the Contra volunteers. You doubt that? How many Contras left the field to join the EPS? I know a lot of guys who were forced into the EPS as teens who went to fight for ARDE. And I imagine that revisionists like yourself believe that defeating a force recieving a billion dollars a year of Soviet/Cubanmilitary aid plus training from the entire Soviey bloc should be simple? The head of military inteligence for the Eps was a Cuban colonel as well as their helicopter air force. But not a peep against the eastern europeans or the Frente, they only had the Pueblo's interest at heart.

Blog Entries

Exactly right JW, she could tell it all about how the Sandis treated the Costenos. I never understood how any Rama or Miskito could become a Sandi.
    I don't see how one justifies the other.

Blog Entries

The dispute is in the record, who writes it? Which version is one willing to embrace? If one was in the North in the Occidente their experiences were vastly different than one who was in the south east where ARDE operated or on the coast with the Injuns. Even timing comes into play, the main Contra force in the north acted very differently in the first two years than it did after say 86. To think that the Contra wasn't capable of battlefield success against the Frente is/was a mistaken idea of both the left and the supporters of the Contra. The evidence was to the contrary. The Sandis were almost entirely young conscripts and the Contra volunteers. You doubt that? How many Contras left the field to join the EPS? I know a lot of guys who were forced into the EPS as teens who went to fight for ARDE. And I imagine that revisionists like yourself believe that defeating a force recieving a billion dollars a year of Soviet/Cubanmilitary aid plus training from the entire Soviey bloc should be simple? The head of military inteligence for the Eps was a Cuban colonel as well as their helicopter air force. But not a peep against the eastern europeans or the Frente, they only had the Pueblo's interest at heart.
    We're talking apples and oranges here. This isn't a debate about which side was right or wrong in the conflict. All I was mentioning (rather off the cuff to a semi-comedic post) is that the deliberate strategy of the Contras was to terrorize the society by intentionally targeting teachers, doctors, nurses and any other government service employees because they knew the government couldn't mount enough soldiers to guard every school or centro de salud.

Is that fact even in dispute? Are you implying that they didn't do it? Regardless of who's side anyone is on in this now 30-year-old conflict, was it an acceptable strategy?

And if that was indeed their strategy, is it justified by opposition to a political ideology in any conflict? Any conflict at all? The historical record confirms that that this strategy was used throughout Central America by forces opposed to communism. It was taught at the School of the Americas to Latin American military (and mercenary) personnel and is outlined in full in their manuals (now available for anyone to read at various sources; you can start here).

As one who happens to work in human services, I find it reprehensible that there are humans among us who even think this is an acceptable war strategy under any circumstances. Just because a teacher or a doctor is Cuban or Russian or a card-carrying Marxist doesn't change the fact that they are noncombatants providing human services to an impoverished civilian population. Targeting such personnel and publicly executing them is not only a war crime, it is cowardice of the highest order.

As one who happens to work in human services, I find it reprehensible that there are humans among us who even think this is an acceptable war strategy under any circumstances. Just because a teacher or a doctor is Cuban or Russian or a card-carrying Marxist doesn't change the fact that they are noncombatants providing human services to an impoverished civilian population. Targeting such personnel and publicly executing them is not only a war crime, it is cowardice of the highest order.
    Since I am not in human services and am somewhat blinded, I can't see where they should be excluded for deeds unacceptable to my cause. If one is there teaching death to the imperialists, he or she fits into my scope of elimination quiet perfectly.

You know of course that at that time communists ruled Russia & Cuba and now Venezuela, so explain where this type of government excels over democracy.

As far as the contras and their violations, are they published? For the Sandinistas, check out the Liemus slaughter and of the day before he died, Martin Martinez 17 told his mother that the Sandinistas were after him. Well old Daniel himself is guilty of shooting unarmed prisoners............so, again if I am fighting and one is contra my cause...be he doctor, lawyer or Indian Chief.....my sights are adjusted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast