Thread: La Yuma

Default La Yuma

What do you guys think of that Yuma Movie has anybody seen it?, I saw the preview, and thought the Cheap Nica Spanish Slang was EXTREMELY HORRIBLE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqM-253doTU
    Dios es Amor!

Default Re: La Yuma

I may or may not be sitting here in front of my TV watching an original 15 cordoba copy as I type... If this movie is any good, I can´t see another Nica movie coming out for a long time, as EVERY DVD vendor in the markets and on the streets has this playing and they are selling lots of copies. Its also playing in the theaters today, but there will probably only be half a dozen people going to see it!

What a waste of time.

I'm going to see it, but it is going to be a while since I live in Miami
    Dios es Amor!

I actually thought the movie was really good in the sense that it, for the most part, truly depicted the daily life of probably 65% of Managuans. It touched on the pressing social issues and paid attention to the underlying divisions of society. The ending was about terrible, so that was a black mark. Some of the acting was weak, and some was good. It was funny, seeing 3-4 people I have met in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    I actually thought the movie was really good in the sense that it, for the most part, truly depicted the daily life of probably 65% of Managuans. It touched on the pressing social issues and paid attention to the underlying divisions of society. The ending was about terrible, so that was a black mark. Some of the acting was weak, and some was good. It was funny, seeing 3-4 people I have met in a movie.
    It truly depicted Nica men...

Quote Originally Posted by tresfrijoles View Post
    It truly depicted Nica men...
    You are right, LOL, POTD.

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    These movies are not your typical hollywood movies with special effects and all that bull $hit, I personally like Foreing Films which involves more acting, Foreing Films are certainly not for everyone and are not very popular here in the States
    Dios es Amor!

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    These movies are not your typical hollywood movies with special effects and all that bull $hit, I personally like Foreing Films which involves more acting, Foreing Films are certainly not for everyone and are not very popular here in the States
    Well said, I could not agree more. I kinda liked the movie, and when I think about it the above is probably a large reason why. I don't get all hot and bothered by the special effects in a movie.