Thread: One of our own is in trouble

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default One of our own is in trouble

Friends I received this from Pauline and don't know all the circumstances but I will post here on TRN for those as well as I interested in the welfare of others in this community....

Hope you get this on time,sorry I didn't inform you about my trip to London, I'm presently in London and am having some difficulties here because i misplaced my purse on my way to the hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept. presently i have limited access to internet,I will like you to assist me with a loan of $1,950 to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home.

I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively,I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with,I'll Refund the money back to you as soon as i return,let me know if you can be of any help.I don't have a phone where i can be reached.

Please let me know immediately.

Regards,

Pauline
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default Re: One of our own is in trouble

Who is pauline? is she a member of TRN? otherwise, I'd be careful, Sounds like a scam.

Blog Entries

Pauline is fine. I called her cell a few minutes ago and it turns out it was a hacker in her account (I knew I was sure I saw her a couple days ago). She's in Granada and everything is peachy.

Besides, a respectable Aussie like Pauline would never be caught dead in London without her AmEx card.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richit View Post
    Who is pauline? is she a member of TRN? otherwise, I'd be careful, Sounds like a scam.
    She's OldGirl and she's been here forever.

But you're right, it did sound like a scam which is why I called. Nigerian scammers always have bad grammar and punctuation.
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Quote Originally Posted by El Doc View Post
    She's OldGirl and she's been here forever.

But you're right, it did sound like a scam which is why I called. Nigerian scammers always have bad grammar and punctuation.
    "no phone available" Is hard to believe...

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Son of a Bitch, Now I am glad I did pass this on, Thanks El D for exposing the bastard, I had reservations about it myself, but I just didn't know what to do about it from here.....

Now if we could just catch the asshole, I would be the first one to kick his ass for worrying me a bit.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Now if we could just catch the asshole, I would be the first one to kick his ass for worrying me a bit.
    Had me real worried as well. Luckily, the fear of having to explain to La Baby Doc where $1950 went from our account prompted me to do some due diligence.

Besides, I'm almost sure I saw Pauline last night when I was walking home. The birthday celebrations have begun, so I wasn't sure if it was an actual memory or just a flashback. Turns out my organic hard drive is still functioning properly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Son of a Bitch, Now I am glad I did pass this on, Thanks El D for exposing the bastard, .....
    Capt'n John - if you received it as an e-mail, you should be able to trace the sender & routing. Right click on the sender, go to properties.

The monies requested $1950 is a rather interesting calculation, in the fashion of realtors setting prices.

Now, for a proper conclusion, we need to hear from Pauline, who was in such virtual peril.

Blog Entries

I've gotten a similar email from someone I made a business proposal to a few years ago. Same thing, London, stolen money, bla bla bla. No freaking way I would have or could have sent them money anyway (I barely knew them) but it was easy to spot as a scam.

You mean she wont be paying me back?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bikingo View Post
    You mean she wont be paying me back?

Active TRN Member

This scam is pretty infamous now... I have received it multiple times. Someone hacked into the email account... probably from Nigeria or Russia... Contact Pauline by phone... she may be unaware but needs to change her email address now.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable