Thread: Doctor List

Default Doctor List

The following list of doctors has been compiled by members of The Real Nicaragua. If you wish to add a doctor, please use the following format and PM it to Little Corn Tom or post a reply here with the information.

Doctors Name: Dr. Fernando Mora Baez

Contact Information:
    Directions: Hospital Metropolitano, 1st Floor
    Phone: (505) 255-6900 extension 84130
    Fax: (505) 255-6901

Specialties: Pediatrician / Neonatal Doctor
    Languages spoken: Spanish and English
    Cost: Typical Checkups cost US$30.00

Notes posted by:3 Frijoles

I recommend Dr. Mora for many reasons, we have been using him since the birth of my son, and we also attended several nutrition and birthing classes which he taught. He now attends to both our daughter and son. He gives all of his patients every possible way to contact him at any hour of the day (which we have done, and received a warm response). He also has a family including a fairly newborn. He continues his education through many medical conferences, including some in the US.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......

Doctors Name: Dr. Alvaro Chamorro Diaz

Contact Information:
    Directions: Clini Centro, Colonial Los Robles, del Charman 1c. Arriba, 1.5c. al Lag
    Phone: (505) 252-4376, (505) 252 4383, (505) 884-4720 (Cell)

Specialties: Internal medicine and intensive care
    Languages spoken: English and Spanish
    Cost: $US30.00

Notes posted by: Marlies

I received a professional consultation in a modern clinic in English as well as a satisfactory explanation of my problem and treatment plan given my current itinerary. Given the severity of my pain, price was no option but the $30 office visit sure softened the blow.

Notes posted by: renco

The office is a new building called Clinicentro within three blocks of MetroCentro and the Intercontinental Hotel.
    He is a good diagnostic physician, specializing in emergency medicine and is trained in internal medicine.
    He ran the ER at Salud Integral and works at Vivian Pellas as well. He speaks great English and has a polite manner with his patients.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......

Doctors Name: Dr. Manuel Jose Urcuyo Vanegas

Contact Information:
    Directions: Del Cine Karawala 3 c. al Oesta
    Phone: (505) 552-3056, (505) 884-0714 Cell

Specialties: Internal Medicine and Cardiology
    Languages spoken: Spanish and English
    Cost: Typical Checkups cost US$20.00

Notes posted by: John

He's in Granada, and charged $20.00 for a house call. His English is sufficient, and his response time is fast.

Dr. Fernando Mora Baez
    Specialty: Pediatrition / Neonatal Doctor
    Phone: (505) 255-6900 extension 84130
    Fax: (505) 255-6901

More contact info upon request via Private message (email, cell, house phone)

Language: Spanish and English
    Cost: Typical Checkups cost 600 cordobas (U$30 +/-)

I recomend Dr. Mora for many reasons, we have been using him since the birth of my son, and we also attended several nutrition and birthing classes which he taught. He now attends to both our daughter and son.

He gives all of his patients every possible way to contact him at any hour of the day (which we have done, and recieved a warm response). He also has a family including a fairly newborn. He continues his education through many medical conferences, including some in the US.

Photo of Dr. Mora from Metropolitano website

Dra. Maria Delma Mejia
    Specialty: OBGYN / Oncological
    Location: Hospital Metropolitano in Managua 2nd Floor, also has an office near Parque Japones in Managua

Phone: (I will post this later)
    Language: Spanish

My wife has used Dra. Mejia for the past year, starting with the monthly checkups for the birth of our son, she was the delivery doctor for the C-Section.

Active TRN Member

Default Dr. Alvaro F. Chamorro Diaz

Doctor Alvaro Chamorro Diaz, Clini Centro, Colonial Los Robles, del Charman 1c. Arriba, 1.5c. al Lago, 252-4376, 252-4383, 884-4720 cell, drchamorro@turbonett.com.ni

internal medicine and intensive care
    fluent english
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles View Post
    Dra. Maria Delma Mejia
    Specialty: OBGYN / Oncological
    Location: Hospital Metropolitano in Managua 2nd Floor, also has an office near Parque Japones in Managua

Phone: (I will post this later)
    Language: Spanish

My wife has used Dra. Mejia for the past year, starting with the monthly checkups for the birth of our son, she was the delivery doctor for the C-Section.

Dra. María Delma Mejía
    Auto Lote El Chele 1c. Abajo 1c. al Lago
    No. 95 Tel: 278-0122

also at Metropolitano