Thread: Where to buy Motos in Managua?

Default Where to buy Motos in Managua?

My friend and I want buy each a scooter in Managua for use down here in SJDS I spent some time with a friend looking last week and just about bought one, but the salesman didn´t come through on his promiss of service, plus they had robbed 5 other motos for parts for a new scooter and then stripped the new wiring harness as needed to make things work. Wasn´t a good place to be buying a moto anyhow. That place was an RC Moto dealer and I hadn´t heard that name before. But the price was good for a knock off of the Honda 90 for $400.00

So with that said we would like to know where in Managua are the larger dealers for Genesis which I have been told is made in Japan and afforable, then there are the more known brands of China built motos we would like to look at too.

We are going in about a week to look again. So any leads or comments would be apreiated. Yes I know Honda, Yamaha, and the other Japan made mtos are best. Also would consider a good used scooter if they exist?

Thanks
    I never said I was normal !

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Re: Where to buy Motos in Managua?

FYI, Managua is not always the best place to get stuff. Sometimes price and quality are better in some of the other towns, Jinotepe for example. There are a few places to buy motorcycles in Jinotepe, but I've never looked close enough at them to tell you make and model. I'll check on some for ya' when I'm in town again later this week.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Managua Genesis dealer info:

Velosa next to Pricesmart, phone numbers 5-254-4745 or 5-254-4894 or 5-254-8123.
    Their ad in the phone book says they carry the GXT 200, the GTX 200BA and the HJ 125-7.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Active TRN Member
    Blog Entries

Genesis JH 125 2007
    $1150 Firm. Call Winston 8 908-4027 Lots of add ons! Pics available. I'd post the damn things here but I can't figure that out!

Bobby

Posting this for a worker of mine.
    I rent rooms in my house by the day, week, month.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And listen to this would you.... I have a Nicaraguan drivers license rated for Motorcycles above 250cc..... I have ridden in country for almost 18 years, ooops yesterday it has been 18 years......

I was told by the local Transit officer, as well as one of my young men was told, that I have to get another approval for a Moto under 125cc

If I can drive a Harley Super Glide on the street I can certainly manage a ring ding, ding,......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    The United States is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
    Couldn't have said it better with a 5000 word essay!
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    Managua Genesis dealer info:

Velosa next to Pricesmart, phone numbers 5-254-4745 or 5-254-4894 or 5-254-8123.
    Their ad in the phone book says they carry the GXT 200, the GTX 200BA and the HJ 125-7.
    I just asked two cabbies, and they both said this is the place to get a Genisis

Blog Entries

I shopped the scooters some, the Hero from India is a member of the extended Honda family and are fairly common here, the 90cc will break 50 mph and gets crazy good mileage.The Hero costs around $700-$800
    http://www.heromajestic.com/hero_stallion.htm
    Bike shops etc have started to carry a similar scooter w the Rally USA stickers on it. My corner shop wants $350 for a 49cc step thru moped(under 50cc no license or?) he also sells a "mini" chopper for the same price. He has a motor conversion kit for bicycles too, that runs $150..The smaller scooters and mopeds from China are around $500 but they require Ferrari levels of attention.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nutbutter View Post
    Bike shops etc have started to carry a similar scooter w the Rally USA stickers on it. My corner shop wants $350 for a 49cc step thru moped(under 50cc no license or?)

Most come from Taiwan..

Taiwan has them (49cc step throughs) by the bucket load...

================================================== ===
    A member of the Tona & FDC Enlightenment Cultural society Masya chapter Salu'..

Blog Entries

I'll tell you what, beats the hell outta peddlin, and when you get to a nice picknic area, you ain't all woreout from her sittin' on the handlebars, and got enought energy left to make......Well, you catch my drift....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Aw I miss read this. I thought you were wanting to buy mota
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    Aw I miss read this. I thought you were wanting to buy mota
    "Un Estado que no se rigiera según la justicia se reduciría a una gran banda de ladrones." --San Agustín

Casa Cross in Managua, and they will deal with you.

It Looks like Nutbutter, may be on to something. As I looked in the 2008 phone book under bicycles and there was an ad for the Rally USA 49cc step throughs. I have an Italian friend here in SJDS and he wants pretty much the same thing. Both of us think something like this kind of moto should be fine for around town. In five months or so when I have to back to the States I can either sell the moto for quick money or leave it here for my return, but $350.00 US it´s hard to go wrong. I´ll post more one the purchase once I pick it up. The ad I saw was for Managua, but Nutbutter is from Granada ? Does anyone know of these RAlly USA motos in Granada? or any other towns?
    If so where exactly? Is there any truth to not needing a licence for the under 50cc class?
    I never said I was normal !

Blog Entries

Does anyone know the drivers licensing requirements for the little ones?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Does anyone know the drivers licensing requirements for the little ones?
    Do they need a license for 49cc? I thought anything below 50 was considered a motorized bicycle.

Blog Entries

El D thinking and knowing is two different things, I cannot get a straight answer from the transitos here.......