Thread: Plastic Containers Needed!

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Plastic Containers Needed!

'Kay, need y'alls help!

I'm looking for plastic pint and quart containers for our business. They need to be good quality, good seal and all. The pic below is exactly what I'm looking for, with a lid por supuesto. Has anyone seen this in Mga for sale, or anywhere in any stores being used?
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Plastic Containers Needed!

Available in MGA, but where. Have seen some in the Oriental and I think Huembes, no doubt available, just to find them. I am sure someone can put you on to them. PM Nutbutter, he was looking a few years back.

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    'Kay, need y'alls help!

I'm looking for plastic pint and quart containers for our business. They need to be good quality, good seal and all. The pic below is exactly what I'm looking for, with a lid por supuesto. Has anyone seen this in Mga for sale, or anywhere in any stores being used?
    I would check with Big Wave Dave, he knows all those places in Managua that sell that kind of stuff.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

La Colonia in Granada has an assortment of plastic containers with lids. I assume the others in MGA do also.

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    'Kay, need y'alls help!

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Thanks Dan! BWDave knew just where to go, an empaque store with tons of stuff. 'Course it wasn't as easy as that.

They had exactly what I wanted on display, but apparently had none for sale. My translator friend asked when they would have more, they said never. My translated question of why they were still displayed only got me weird looks...like I was crazy for asking. Must be that nicalogical thing I'm still not grasping!

Don't remember the store name, but you go to the first light past Immigration (heading South from the Carr Norte), take a right, get in the left lane and it's a block and a half or so on the left. The sign out front says "empaque" and "plasticos".

This place had a huge selection of plastic containers and kitchenware, metal pots and pans, utensils, glassware and tephlon coated pans. I ended up buying 50 slightly lesser quality 12 oz containers. They should do the job...it's all an experiment at this stage anyway.

Thanks again Dan!
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."