Thread: To: Miskito Alan

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default To: Miskito Alan

Alan I have a question and a few thoughts right now that are driving me totaly crazy, but I have decided not to get into that right now.

This date and about this time, not many hours from now, and not many years gone by my fat ass friend, was when you left us all here to carry on without you.

I wish you could talk to me now, I miss so much the solid advise you gave me on a world of topics and your humor that seemed to just pull anyone out of their slumps.

I remember the most fun we had being just you and I at the start of our friendship, and we first got the internet here in this remote area of the world and we did form the Nicaraguan Comettee to elect George W. Bush for President of the United States.Of all places to do it from, and we did attack Democrats, Liberals, and other Undesirables in our pitiful efforts for the win.

And then you got me involved with the Nica Living site, and we started giving advise and answering questions to a dog gone bunch of people on the other side of the screen that some we did meet, and others never had a face to face with that wound up being a family of sorts, and you brought us even closer together when you were asked to do some moderaton on it.

And then I don't know how it happened, but I started telling stories there and adding my style of humor to it, and you pushed me to do it you asshole, and the next thing I knew many of our new friends made the trip here just to take a look around and visit with two crazy gringos that had no sense to even be here, BBQ's and Fish stews, happy hours at your and Mary's sandwitch shop, and to my home. Eating pig knuckles with Gaston and sometimes both of us would get a bit tipsey on the local rum.

I put the picture of a giant snake on there, and lavished it with a story about how we killed it on our pig and okra farm in what was only my back yard and scared the crap out of a few on the site, till some one uncovered it was a lie, and instead of you owning up to your part in the hoax (You egged me on to do it) gave me the name of Lyin' Farmer John Wayne. I still laugh over that, and have yet to live it down.

Me and you riding about town on my old motorcycle and whistleing at all the girls and getting waves and smiles from them. You inventing the new hobby that was the rage of the time in Nicaragua of Watching the Zinc Rust. Moderating posters that one or two or three would get the hair standing up on the back of their necks over some dissagreement or another.

Then all of a sudden you and I both knew what was going to happen, just is I never thought it would happen so soon you kicked the bucket and left many empty inside when you left us. I guess a year or two ago Cookshoe, Marvin Write and I paid you a visit and Marvin and Cookshow placed some flowers on your tomb. Marvin cried as he placed his and asked you why, why didn't you accept seeing a doctor. But as a man I can understand that perhaps you knew something none of the rest of us did in your desicion, Be rest assured my friend I condemn you not for it.

With you gone on YOUR site, most of us think of it as being, it changed and was not for the better in many of our minds, and so most all of the old gang and many new ones are over here on the Real Nicaragua Site and dedicated it to you and several others that have gone on.

I nearly caught up with you last year I guess about 3 times and I listened to our friends, was helped by them, as also they and many others did too to put a roof over Marisol and your little buddy Jeffery's head, we all chipped in and finished the house you had started before you left.

Jeffery is a straight A student and remembers you as the only father he ever had, and the only son you ever had even if it was not biological.

I am gone call and end to this for now my friend, I hope you know that your friends and family have not forgotten you, or the influence you were on those around you.

I was really thinking of putting a lot of other crap on this note to you, but as I sit on this side of the screen, and Know that you are on the other side of a screen somewhere and perhaps sleeping, be cause I know you were a believer, and like I didn't act like it sometimes, but the Lord is forgiving of that, and I remember the Airline Pilot and his wife having a private prayer meeting with you about a week before you left this earth, I think you made yourself up to date with the Master.

Robert Alan Bowie Rest in Peace my brother...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Re: To: Miskito Alan

Very nice, JW, very nice. I think of him often, too.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Very poignant JPJW! I truly regret not having had the opportunity to meet him!

From the 2006 Lonely Planet guide to Nicaragua and El Salvador (p. 235):

Comidor Mirasol (US$ 1 -5; 7:30 - 9pm) Across from the airport; this place has great inexpensive burgers and comida corriente (mixed plate of local food). At press time a group of festive English-speaking expats had plans to open an information center inside, but if they haven't gotten around to it, stop by and ask for 'Moskito' Alan, who can tell you anything you need to know, particularly if you're buying the next round.

I do like that word, "festive!"

RIP, Alan!
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

May God Have Him in His Glory
    Dios es Amor!

Wahl, I nevah knew the man but that makes no difference.

What I see here is the evidence of that to which most all wish for in their lives; to make a memorable difference in the lives of our loved one or merely in the life for the betterment of someone we have known.

Obviously Miskito Alan achieved this within his life and he lives on in the memories of those that knew and loved him.

Thank you JW for reminding me of the need to be a good and honorable man. Salud
    Last edited by robertharvey; 09-22-2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: spacing

Managua/Alamikamba/Walpa Yakalban/Bonanza
    Blog Entries

Very well said Lying Farmer. I miss him, too! RIP Miskito Alan.
    Papatara, S.A. - Semaforos de Montoya 3c al sur y 1/2c abajo, frente ENIMOSA, Managua, Nicaragua
    Hotel Papatara - Alamikamba, Municipio de Prinzapolka, RAAN, Nicaragua

Blog Entries

I never met Alan but got some very good advice from him.

Glad to hear that Jeffery is holding up his end of the bargain.
    Last edited by Little Corn Tom; 09-22-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Execellent post JW. Great community here.

Blog Entries

In the words of SNL's Linda Richman, I'm feeling a little verklempt.

Hey Alan got load of grits and a big cut of pork steak for ya. I dont do delivery yet but in time we wil get back together and chew the fat..So just remember what side John on when ya relieve your self(jpjw) Miss ya Alan hope ya are enjoying the view from up there.

Managua/Alamikamba/Walpa Yakalban/Bonanza
    Blog Entries

Default I Like That!

Quote Originally Posted by dixietraveller View Post
    Very poignant JPJW! I truly regret not having had the opportunity to meet him!

From the 2006 Lonely Planet guide to Nicaragua and El Salvador (p. 235):

Comidor Mirasol (US$ 1 -5; 7:30 - 9pm) Across from the airport; this place has great inexpensive burgers and comida corriente (mixed plate of local food). At press time a group of festive English-speaking expats had plans to open an information center inside, but if they haven't gotten around to it, stop by and ask for 'Moskito' Alan, who can tell you anything you need to know, particularly if you're buying the next round.

I do like that word, "festive!"

RIP, Alan!
    Uh, I suppose that´s one way to put it.
    Papatara, S.A. - Semaforos de Montoya 3c al sur y 1/2c abajo, frente ENIMOSA, Managua, Nicaragua
    Hotel Papatara - Alamikamba, Municipio de Prinzapolka, RAAN, Nicaragua

Blog Entries

That is the speaker, writer that I remember the best of this site.

Very few real friends in the world.
    Survivor

By accident one day I read Alan's comment and have come beck for more day after day even visited Nicaragua and planed on going to atlantic cost next year ......did not, Alan was gone and LFJW left the sight I stop reading ,visiting "the other site".One day went beck to read on old stuff and got the link to TRN Now I'm happy and Lurking again ......R.I.P Miskito Alan ,LFJW has new name but is living up to the one you give him in a grand style

Blog Entries

Some of his wit & wisdom can still be accessed online.

A Long Time. Submitted by Miskito Alan on Wed, 2005/08/03 - 20:56.
    I have been on this Atlantic Coast of Nicragua for 15 years and I love the people here and on the Pacific and I will die here.
    I went 2 times to Costa Rica in 1997 (2 times = 1st and last) and I would never go back to that country. __
    from http://www.nicaliving.com/node/977 (has a photo of Kenia - a Nica beauty)

JPJW - what was your handle, the name you used on NL back then, before the mutiny?
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Miskito Alan was a Moderator at the time till his demise.

I just used my name John Wayne as a poster, and later he changed it to Farmer John Wayne when we started growing Okra and other things out here to my place.

Then he egged me on to tellin' huge unbelievable lies and wraping a story around it. Well I got called on one of them, the one with the huge snake pictures. Had a few going for a day or two like the snake was found here eating dogs and young pigs etc... It was fun..

And then he changed my name to Lyin' Farmer John Wayne, he didn't tell anyone he helped with the subject matter....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...