Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not as good as Iceland, but doing better on gender issues than Austria and France

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Default Re: Not as good as Iceland, but doing better on gender issues than Austria and France

Quote Originally Posted by MizBrown View Post
    The South has rarely cared about any ethnic identity other than black and white. . .
    I'm sure the Cherokees who died on the Trail of Tears will be glad to know that, not to mention Leo Frank, plus all the Hispanics who today seem to be the scapegoats de jour . . . .

Let me know when SC elects a black governor as Virginia did.
    Oh ye of little faith! It might be sooner than you think. South Carolinian Republicans elected two new black congressmen, one of whom defeated Strom Thurmond's son.

Nicaragua seems to be less problematic for women than some of the expats seem to believe. There are still things I don't like about it, but it rocks that Jinotega's representative to the National Assembly is a woman I know here and that Rosario Murillo is the co-president. . . . .
    I get tired of hearing expats bad-mouth the place when things are changing for the better.
    Tony! Is that you?? You sly old dog! You've actually found a way to reach us by channeling through MizBrown! I knew we'd hear from you again!
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Not as good as Iceland, but doing better on gender issues than Austria and France

Thats right DT, it was the Union troops with their mix of Gonanoria Pumpers that drove the Cherokee off lands set aside for them.

They fought for the Confederacy couragiously and are still Highly respected by true Southerners that know our history and love our Heritage and not ashamed of it.

But you got me tickled this morning first thang with that reference of Miz. Brown sounding a lot like Tony..

To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Thats right DT, it was the Union troops with their mix of Gonanoria Pumpers that drove the Cherokee off lands set aside for them. They fought for the Confederacy couragiously and are still Highly respected by true Southerners that know our history and love our Heritage and not ashamed of it.
    You're right JPJW. Unfortunaely it was that renegade Southerner, Andrew Jackson, that sent the Federal troops in. And he did so even though the US Supreme Court had ruled in favor of the Cherokee Nation, and he mockingly said, "[Chief Justice] Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it!" Jackson was no friend of the South on the tariff issue, but to his credit he was the only president to have paid off the existing national debt in its entirety, and his views on the banking industry seem eeriely prophetic!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    But you got me tickled this morning first thang with that reference of Miz. Brown sounding a lot like Tony...
    Yes, Tony, the Sage of Jinotega, is evidentally still alive and well (at least spiritually speaking) in the Bard of Jinotega!

@Jonh - Why isn't my Font ap working? My drop down menu is blank! I can't post with my font menu!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dixietraveller View Post
    @Jonh - Why isn't my Font ap working? My drop down menu is blank! I can't post with my font menu!
    You might check with your urologist about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    You might check with your urologist about that...
    Good thing the font selection is working again. I'll just blame that malfunction on the Charter Communications platform and refrain from making any comments about your needing to see a proctologist! You're just still upset about the Red and Black finally defeating Florida!

Blog Entries

Good thing the font selection is working again. I'll just blame that malfunction on the Charter Communications platform and refrain from making any comments about your needing to see a proctologist! You're just still upset about the Red and Black finally defeating Florida!

@ Jonh - Uga says thanks for the Gator meat! (But we're getting off thread!)

Blog Entries

@ Jonh - Uga says thanks for the Gator meat! (But we're getting off thread!)
    Uga is not worthy to sh*t in my swamp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12