Thread: Business casual

Default Business casual

I'm living on the border between the repartos San Juan and Los Robles. Only a couple of blocks from where I'm staying is a hotel called "Los Pinos." And, right around the corner for this hotel is a "Centro Terapeutica." Even though they charge more than I would expect (in Nicaragua), I go here because they offer legitimate massage.

I've long since learned that "massage" doesn't always mean what one might think in Nicaragua. It makes using the newspaper or classifieds tricky when a guy actually wants a massage.

They charge me $24/hour for either a relaxing or a deep tissue massage. Which (while it might be expensive by Nicaraguan standards) is significantly less than I would pay in the States. I found someone near where I live back home who would give me a massage for $40, but this is the exception. Normally, I expect to pay $60--before the tip.

I prefer the deep tissue, so they assigned me a therapist with a name that means luck. She's given me a massage a week since I've been here. I just had my forth--man does time fly. Her modality includes walking on my back, using her elbows and knees, and basically trying as hard as she can to make me cry. I'm only partly flip when I say this. Because I haven't cried out yet, I think she's made it her goal to see what it will take to break me.

It's a full body massage, so I take a quick shower, and then lie down face down on the massage table with a towel over my butt. I've had enough massages not to feel timed or shy about this exposed position. As long as the therapist is confident and comfotable, so am I.

"Luck" and I have had some great conversations during my four massages. I would call her manner flirty in any other situation, but naked on a massage table...I'm not so sure.

I've counseled my friends (back in the States) not to fall for the flirtatious comments from waitresses and others who work for tips. I explain, "Their job is to make you like them so that you'll tip more. It doesn't mean they're really into you." I have been applying this same concept to my massage therapist--even though they don't work for tips...

However, the flirting has been more and more overt from one massage to the next. At first, we talked about how she broke up with her boyfried about 3 months back, and about how long it takes and what one has to go through to overcome an ex. In the second massage, we talked about where she likes to go on vacation and which restaurants she likes.

After the second massage, I wasn't 100% sure about my "don't take the flirting seriously" rule, so I asked my female neighbors about it over a game of cards that night. They tell me that the same sort of thing (that I descibed in the States with waitresses) happens in Nicaragua too. But, they went on to say that about half the time, the girl is probably actually flirting. So basically, they were no help at all.

During my third massage, we talked about our mutual nudist tendancies. When I'm alone in my house/apartment, I occasionaly like to take what I call "naked time." And, given how hot it is in Managua, at night clothing is definately optional. She tells me that she's the same way--but she adds that sometimes she likes to just hang out in her underwear. At this point, I felt like she was doing the flirting equivalent of hitting me over the head with a 2x4. But, she was still giving me a massage while I was lying there naked.

It seems disrespectful or inappropriate to hit on a massage therapist while I'm naked. It's not like I can turn onto my side with my arm under my head and say, "How you doin'?" Even if she's flirting, it just doesn't feel like the correct setting for me to make a pass at her. But, this could be the result of sexual equality in the workplace training having suck too deeply into my subconscious mind.

In any case, I once again made no move.

During my forth massage, we talked about human sexuality in the abstract and about our experiences with this specifically while giving massages (as I also have given my fair share). We discussed the fine line between what constitutes a massage and what goes beyond. She smart enough that we were able to carry on an academic conversation about this subject while she was giving me a massage.

At this point it feels like we're playing a game of "flirting chicken." This is my twist on the game "gay chicken," where two heterosexual men try to cause the other to flinch away (due to culturally ingrained homophobia) by doing more and more obviously gay things. I've never actually played "gay chicken," but I've seen friends play it, and I've seen it referenced in popular culture.

Anyway, "flirting chicken" would be a game to see who will react to the more and more over flirtation first. Neither of us have given voice to the game, but as I STILL haven't made a move, it sure seems like this is what's happening. Her last move was to suggest that I come give her a massage when they aren't busy. It's a good move, but so far, I haven't called to offer. I'm waiting for her to call and ask.

I must admit that I find the game entertaining, even if I never get my questions answered. Is she interested, or is she just "playing?" Will making the first move end the game and take all of the entertaining flirtatious tension out of our banter? Or, would it be worth it to ask this girl out so that I can get to know her outside of the Centro Terapeutico?

I think I'm ok keeping things casual, and just wait to see how the game plays out. Sometimes, it's more fun not knowing.
    Soy el chele mono.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Business casual

I have had my share of theraputic massage. I was getting a couple a week for a couple years. I believe it was the healthiest time in my life and I was in my mid-40s. I had one big moose of a woman that was not only taller than me, she had a butt like a Volkswagen. Butt... I went to her every time. At least for that I did. Point is, you have an hour to kill with someone and talking is just natural. Interesting or stimulating talk is even more fun. If you are sexually and/or otherwise compatiple it is natural. So many factors to consider not knowing more... Is she digging for gold, because Not everyone can afford massage, is she really into you because of other various reasons? The fact that she told you she was single is the biggest clue you have. No woman wants to brag that, it is the worst thing to be a single female. Some women wear rings that aren't married to appear not-single to their own detriment. So I say because she said that, she is probably into you for one reason or another. The important question here is, are you single?

I would not drop everything for a chick that is just digging gold. You are setting yourself up for disappointment if that is the case. If you have things in common and can make each other laugh or smile it may be worth looking into. If you just use her for sport sex you could end up losing a good massage therapist. Seems like there is enough sport over there to not blow it for that reason. Mi dos centavos
    Survivor

Screw the massages, move in for the kill, it's already on a silver platter
    Dios es Amor!

Great story(y) .... keep us updated
    Dios es Amor!

TRN Member
    Blog Entries

Randude is right. The biggest clue is her making it a point to tell you she is single. Keep flirting until neither one of you can stand it anymore and then get after it. It's more fun that way!

Blog Entries

Best part is, he can just move, no ties to bind.

Wish I was young again.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Screw the massages, move in for the kill, it's already on a silver platter
    I'm with you on this one WTF, he single, she single, invite her out away from her work and take the time to find out if she is hunting coin or something a bit more perminate or What....

Ass, Gas, or Grass nobody rides for free...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

I predict a "Happy Ending" to this story.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

I guess it really is "that type of massage."

"Me love you long time," if you're a Boortz fan.

Lightbulb visual aides

Sorry, but I cannot properly advise you in this situation without visual aides.

(IOW: pictures or it never happened)

When it's all said and done, there's nothing left to say or do... ~~~Where's MY spy camera?~~~

Blog Entries

I use to have a Swedish woman for massage and it was not the theraputic kind... But that woman's voice really irritated me. She would go on and on about feeding wild animals in her back yard (opposum and raccoons) among a host of other irritating or uninteresting things.. I would find myself looking at the clock and wanting it to end.
    Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    I use to have a Swedish woman for massage and it was not the theraputic kind... But that woman's voice really irritated me. She would go on and on about feeding wild animals in her back yard (opposum and raccoons) among a host of other irritating or uninteresting things.. I would find myself looking at the clock and wanting it to end.
    LOL

I don't know why exactly, but that tickled me.
    Soy el chele mono.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drlemcor View Post
    LOL

I don't know why exactly, but that tickled me.
    Yea she probibility didn't want to be talking about the first thing that just popped up....

Some men get extreamly turned on by a woman to Damn big to be a Buffalo and to ugly to be a Gorilla...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Yea she probibility didn't want to be talking about the first thing that just popped up....

Some men get extreamly turned on by a woman to Damn big to be a Buffalo and to ugly to be a Gorilla...
    No the big woman was the serious one, she was really good at it. The Swedish lady was the normal build and did more than the big woman, if you know what I mean. She was the one that would talk about nonesense and make me want to leave before she finished (or I finished... )
    Survivor

Default Two Weeks Away From My Wife

and now this:

" . . .Some men get extreamly turned on by a woman too Damn big to be a Buffalo and too ugly to be a Gorilla.."