Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the current Pandemic

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Thoughts on the current Pandemic

As per Kelvin's new site - Vaccines will start to dry up in Niclandia

Nica-biz
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Don't think they received nearly the donations they expected. Still curious why not being flooded with the sputnik vaccine as is supposedly a Russian production facility in nica.

USA already saying will not need the astrozenica vaccine they ordered so it will likely get donated. I have heard / read all sorts of numbers, up to 2 billion vaccines the USA has ordered, so will be lots to give away, someday.

Many states are now open for anyone 16+ yrs old and having trouble filling appts. The rush is over here in this area it seems.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

I just don't see the Covid activity here.

Maybe I'm missing something.
    Still need a mask to get into La Colonia and Pali, but most other places no one wears a mask anymore.

Is anyone still dying in Nicaragua?
    Inquiring minds would like to know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    I just don't see the Covid activity here.

That is the hot bed for the conspiracy stuff of late - You don't "see" Covid (People sick in their homes, sick in hosplitals etc etc) you "hear" it.

That being said - Somehow MINSA had either the management skills (Or sat on a bunch of horeseshoes) to miss wave 2 - Now will wave 3 hit ? Who knows.

If I had to _Guess_ and it is only that - Is that the border closures and limited travel by air that was the difference to other locations.

Blog Entries

Watching the BBC this AM it looks like indian cases doubled in 10 days, and has exceeded the first wave by 20% already. It took six weeks for case double in wave one they state.

So a good chance that Covax, Covid Shield, and Indian produced AZ might be in short, or no, supply for over a month, possibly 3

The US may actually be in surplus of doses by mid May say the Sunday talk shows - That would make a pretty good leaver for US / OECD influence of the dynamic duo..

But again - There needs to be an uptick in cases to allow that lever to be effective - an uptick which, fortunately for regular people, is not manifesting at the moment..

Blog Entries

Pretty sure India is now keeping all their production.

States been giving some away already, if J&J ever gets their shit together things will speed up. For example this week Florida is getting 85% less J&J than last, due to production gaffs.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wife chatted with the neighbor. Her brother has diabetes. His vision got blurry and he had an car accident with 1 fatality. He was put in jail where he contacted covid and is now hooked up to tubes in a hospital somewhere. A man down the road, a big terrateniente, had a big wedding with lotsa guests and caught the wuflu and is in an ICU in mga. Shit happens.

Hometown paper says shots are for everyone now. Also had an article on how the best way to avoid snake bites is to avoid snakes. I guess so, I always try to admire buzzworms from at least 7 feet away, although I admit I almost stepped on one a few years ago. It was a pink rattlesnake on pink rocks. Jeez, leave the desert for 15 years and all kind of weird stuff happens. Fortunately, he gave me a courtesy pass for my carelessness and we parted friends. Also, city outlawed feeding pigeons throughout the city limits.
    Life goes on.

PS-bad year for guerrero ants. I killed 6 nests today. Watch where you step.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

We've been re-doing a lot of fence, and have stumbled across two snakes.
    My preference is to leave them alone. They eat rats which I hate more than snakes.

The Nicaraguans however chop them up into several pieces immediately.

This has been the oddest year.
    We get rain almost every night, and sometimes during the day as well.
    Everything is beautifully green. My sense though is,, it hasn't amounted to a lot of water.
    My lake is down, more than usual for this time of year.

Fyl and I used to discuss what ramifications the warming oceans would have.
    We were in agreement that it would mean more rain.

The earth has been warmer in the past.
    At one point we had dinosaurs up to their butts in Saudi Arabian swamps.
    What part we played in that Global Warming,, I'm not sure.

I'm all in favor of renewable energy, as long as the electric bill doesn't double or triple as it did when I was in California.
    Even with some of the more expensive electricity in the US,, California has trouble keeping the lights on.

It's hard to imagine Nicaragua without gas and diesel. Even if production is curtailed in the US, Venezuela won't be dead in the water forever, and it looks like Biden is going to bless Iran.

Living here and avoiding the inevitable disruption in the US is looking better and better all the time.

Blog Entries

Fyl and I used to discuss what ramifications the warming oceans would have.
    We were in agreement that it would mean more rain.
    And more rain means... Cooler temperatures. More plants to eat the CO2 means more O2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    And more rain means... Cooler temperatures. More plants to eat the CO2 means more O2.
    If the rains are controlled - Yes - Uncontrolled you wash away too much top soil - A tree is net 3% O2 positive vs CO2 consumed.

That is the problem with both sides they do not care to take even 2nd order artefacts into consideration let alone 3rd 4th and 5th .

Our region is just a wisp away front 100 cases a day (98) which is 2x last weeks daily infection numbers.

The province of Ontario (14M) has a theoretical number of ICU beds of 2,400 (That is physicals beds) . We have the staff to man about 1600 to 1800 depending on mix of staff available skill sets and doctors.

Right now about 860 of those beds are taken by Covid paitents. That leaves 1,000 for car accidents, heart attack, stroke , etc etc.

Because of that the government did pass limited legislation that you can be transported, at your Dr's advice, to a free bed outside of your area. It used to be you were entitled to an ICU bed in close proximity to your home.

Waterloo region is receiving patients from the Toronto area now and we have 8 open ICU beds as of yesterday. (of the 35ish total)

ICU bed consumption lags new cases by a week to 10 days so the loading on ICUs now is based upon the 2800 new cases a day back then.

Ontario is recording over 4,000 new cases a day for the last 3 days...

When this is all over perhaps someone will explain the anomalies.

I don't have the internet bandwidth nor the time available at the moment to attempt a grasp of what is really happening.

I DO know that with antigen tests selling for $16.45 in Mexico we could have gotten a better idea of how the virus was spreading.
    It's heart warming to read of your faith in Canada's management of pandemic, I write that with all sincerity.

I believe the US response is and was managed from a political perspective.
    Little science, and beaucoup politics.

Blog Entries

More bandwidth won't help you understand it. Anything that would reveal the truth won't be on the internet.

Why should you want to know?
    Why are you obsessed with fighting
    Times and fates you can't defy?
    If you knew the path we're riding
    You'd understand it less than I

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    It's heart warming to read of your faith in Canada's management of pandemic, I write that with all sincerity.
    It is not faith per-se it is more to do with Canadian's sense of ownership of the (health care) process. Some bad mistakes have been made though and will need to be learned from.

Faith is the realm of those with fancy head dress and robes or lottery ads...

Today they are talking of moving patients interprovincially (Like state to state) for beds. We hit 129 today - 30 over the day before - One region over there are 2 20 yr olds in ICU now and a 16 yr old died in Quebec last week. No known underlying conditions in all 3

Blog Entries

https://ticotimes.net/2021/04/23/us-...a-due-to-covid

Well shit! Other than the 12 hour bus ride from hell I was enjoying my day in civilization. Got my negative covid test this morning and have a plane out tomorrow. Ticos in Alajuela are seriously applying covid protocols

Hasta la bye-bye

Blog Entries

Saw someone else say is 12hr trip, long bus day. How long did borders take.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Lots of cheap fares to SJO from Florida , some under $100 (Spirit), fares to Liberia not so cheap, but man 12hrs on Tica Bus is a LONG TIME...
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

The paperback "Faucian Bargain: The Most Powerful and Dangerous Bureaucrat in American History" by Steve Deace and Todd Erzen got 4.8 out of 5 stars for 1,777 readers on Amazon. It's WallStJ's #1 bestseller.

"If the average American knew that almost half of the deaths in America with COVID occurred in nursing homes where less than one percent of Americans live, we would have never ever gone along with this level of subjugation,” said Deace in an interview with The Epoch Times.

He noted there have been "an apparent lack of controlled scientific studies proving the effectiveness of masks." But "while no domestic studies used a random controlled sample of unmasked people, a Danish study did and found that wearing a mask doesn’t significantly reduce one’s chances of contracting the virus."

Deace said, “I absolutely believe there were forces at work, waiting for some kind of moment to institute, what they even use in their own language, a ‘Great Reset.'”

Quotes from, https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_mo...s_3791690.html

Now with the insistence on vaccinations, even for those with natural antibodies (T-cells &c., from having been infected, with or without needing hospitalization) comes the push for universal vaccination cards to go anywhere or do anything where there are people. Many see those cards as becoming equal to the CCP's universal ID cards, now used instead of money most everywhere in China, and used to keep track of (behaviors, histories) all of its citizens. Maybe most Chinese haven't read Orwell and think 'Big Brother' is a comforting, protective image. They'll learn otherwise.

Active TRN Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    The paperback "Faucian Bargain: The Most Powerful and Dangerous Bureaucrat in American History" by Steve Deace and Todd Erzen got 4.8 out of 5 stars for 1,777 readers on Amazon. It's WallStJ's #1 bestseller.

"If the average American knew that almost half of the deaths in America with COVID occurred in nursing homes where less than one percent of Americans live, we would have never ever gone along with this level of subjugation,” said Deace in an interview with The Epoch Times.

He noted there have been "an apparent lack of controlled scientific studies proving the effectiveness of masks." But "while no domestic studies used a random controlled sample of unmasked people, a Danish study did and found that wearing a mask doesn’t significantly reduce one’s chances of contracting the virus."

Deace said, “I absolutely believe there were forces at work, waiting for some kind of moment to institute, what they even use in their own language, a ‘Great Reset.'”

Quotes from, https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_mo...s_3791690.html

Now with the insistence on vaccinations, even for those with natural antibodies (T-cells &c., from having been infected, with or without needing hospitalization) comes the push for universal vaccination cards to go anywhere or do anything where there are people. Many see those cards as becoming equal to the CCP's universal ID cards, now used instead of money most everywhere in China, and used to keep track of (behaviors, histories) all of its citizens. Maybe most Chinese haven't read Orwell and think 'Big Brother' is a comforting, protective image. They'll learn otherwise.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_fo...tinfoilhat.jpg

We haven't seen Mikeh in forever,,

Blog Entries

Usual false argument. Masks do little to protect YOU, they protect other people from YOU. The virus is consistently faster and smarter than da peepul.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I have the usual sinus pain and bloody nose I get when I hit the desert. Having been alternately ACed and heated up during the trip via CR doesn't help.

CDC, an agency with little credibility to me, says self isolate for 7 days and seek testing at 3-5 days. CYA in capital letters, they are trying to make up for their gross incompetence last year for not tracking, quarantining, etc., people who flew in from China and Italy. Will stop by Walgreens today and see what they offer.

What justification is there for me to be tested, from what I can find online at my expense, when every waitress, store clerk, etc., does not need to get routinely tested? Not to mention all the good folk in the cowboy bars.

Anyway, J and J one-shot is back after slight theatre.

Blog Entries

In Florida I think can get free test at Walgreens / CVS / etc, might work for entry back into Nica, might not.

Easy to get vaccine, some States sending back some of their allotments. J&J cranked back up in Florida and can easily get an appt.

Get my 2nd Pfizer on Saturday. Had tried to get J&J appt 3 weeks ago but was tough unless you drove over an hr to 1 of the big FEMA sites.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Usual false argument. Masks do little to protect YOU, they protect other people from YOU. The virus is consistently faster and smarter than da peepul.
    It even goes a bit deeper than that - It is a statistics game - No mask 100% of "you" gets out - Cloth mask 75% of "You' gets out - Disposable blue about 40%, Disposable green about 25% and the N95 only 5% of your "seed" hits the air.

So a face covering only stops a statistical aggregate amount of your stuff getting out. No real stopping you breathing other people's "stuff", save for the N95. But as an agrigate there is less stuff in the air.

What I find is that the Chuckle fucks either can not grasp, or are smart enough to grasp, but are just up to general chuckle fuckery.

Either way the sun is setting (on Covid) and we will, with some certainty, be in a new dawn soon enough. And the chucklefucks will just move on to other things ..

(Disclaimer - I use Chucklefucks in the general sense, not against any specific member(s) here )

Blog Entries

Stopped by CVS. They have Pfizer available but my second shot would be just a couple days ahead of my flight and it is the second shot that tens to have side effects. SIL said he was feverish for 12 hours. Give me a few days to get over this sinus thing and maybe a J and j will pop up and I can get it over in one pop.

The return flight always was speculative in these times. CR is running out of hospital beds so let's see how the curve is a month. at 400 rt I can lose the return or get a change of date. Every year I run out of time before I run out of things to do and this time I am 4 months late getting here in the first place.

In addition to masks, I've also seen a lot of clean, even the expreso bus from Esteli to mga. Amazing.

AZ a mixed bag, SIL says we are entering the 4th wave but nobody cares. Not a lot of peepul out, but it is the dead time between when the snowbirds go away and the summer watersports people come in.

Waiting for my new laptop, it is on the fedex truck heading my way. Civilization is so civilized!

Blog Entries

Plenty of J&J it seems. May be bit of a ride to find but saves you 21 days.

Look on FB for local pop ups, and the nearest FEMA site.

Most airlines are waiving change fees, especially if you say covid.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

i/m in the boonies but something should show up. A fema site would not prosper in my neck of the woods.
    Wife says covid is increasing in Nic as well as CR. I never liked Easter anyway

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast