Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pandemic - the problem with the Chinese Communist Party

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pandemic - the problem with the Chinese Communist Party

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post

Touts can convince small farmers into planting almost anything, farmers in Nica seldom make shit, the Middle Men make $. If you front the farmer a little $ and give him the "seed" they will plant anything, once it is planted they are screwed, you set the price, deduct all you have given them and at the end of the harvest they can maybe buy a TV. Rinse & Repeat.
    luckily I don't plan on convincing or touting anyone about,what I intend to do.
    I WILL grow my own Moringa,and have CHEAP ASS corn readily available from the farmers near me, I will buy DIRECT from them,at a tad better price(for them).
    In Nicaragua is has ALWAYS been good to keep your workers,happy, in this case the farmers become your partners, you pay them good price for their crops, and it's a win win for BOTH.
    thou I could grown my own corn in 2-4 manzanas, we will see how everything pans out.
    I would only need to outsourse the SOYA beans and sweet whey.

Blog Entries

Who is your market, are you expecting some huge rise in the Nica economy? Produce meat for next to free who you going to sale it to. No shortage of meat Farmers in Nica, and if Pollo Estrella can't stay afloat??

If you are looking for family food security, that is easy in Nica, making a Cord where there are few, not so easy.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

The Whey is the way to go, because of economy on Coast they could not sell Beef so cows have become a burden, I can get whey, and usually straight milk for trade in Plantain or whatever, for pigs it is amazing shit, basically is free to me when I am there to trade for it. I have worked it in on the meat chickens before but they scare me, they are a bit fragile, I mostly stick with commercial rations. You can lose a flock fast if 1 gets sick.

I love to plant and grow but I have run the #s up and down, think is always cheaper to buy corn.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Who is your market, are you expecting some huge rise in the Nica economy? Produce meat for next to free who you going to sale it to. No shortage of meat Farmers in Nica, and if Pollo Estrella can't stay afloat??

If you are looking for family food security, that is easy in Nica, making a Cord where there are few, not so easy.
    for some reason, you think that ALL of Nicaragua, it's the same as in the Islands.
    Have you seen the economy in the NORTH?
    in the Esteli region, Tobacco and Cattle is KING.
    on the Jinotega- Matagalpa regions Coffee-Cattle and grains are not suffering YET.
    but... worse case scenario I will just produce my own shit, to survive the ARMAGEDON that is headed to Nicaragua.
    Yes, things WILL get tough, but nothing as tough as the late 70's early 80's embargo time.
    Yet even during those times, people HAD to eat, some had it worse than others.
    no matter how tough,things will get, it will NEVER be as bad,as those years I mentioned, I lived them, I know!!
    then again, to each crazy MOFO his own
    Stay positive Kevin

Blog Entries

The Whey is the way to go, because of economy on Coast they could not sell Beef so cows have become a burden, I can get whey, and usually straight milk for trade in Plantain or whatever, for pigs it is amazing shit, basically is free to me when I am there to trade for it. I have worked it in on the meat chickens before but they scare me, they are a bit fragile, I mostly stick with commercial rations. You can lose a flock fast if 1 gets sick.

I love to plant and grow but I have run the #s up and down, think is always cheaper to buy corn.
    one more time bro!!!!
    With your "On the ground experience on the Island" you would absolutely kick ass elsewhere in Nicaragua.
    WHAT is it,that attracts you to the Island?
    because isolation can be had, it's just a matter of topography and the climate you like

Blog Entries

You should contact Pirate's girlfriend, some how she was managing to produce Pollo cheaper than Cargyle, and sell cheaper than Pali, and she was making $$, of course she was not buying the feed. She is a real Business mastermind....
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

If trade sanctions hit and coffee and tobacco are no longer exportable, tell me about the booming economy in the North.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

You know as well as anyone, don't let "Nica Math" fool you up. I am all with the grow food plan, is all I have ever preached, but if you think you are going to make $ in the coming years, good luck, easier to mow yards in the States and take home a paycheck every Friday, and dream of the day I can go home.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    one more time bro!!!!
    With your "On the ground experience on the Island" you would absolutely kick ass elsewhere in Nicaragua.
    WHAT is it,that attracts you to the Island?
    because isolation can be had, it's just a matter of topography and the climate you like
    Thanks kevin
    My homework has been done, a while back, based on what the Cubans are doing in Esteli.
    in Esteli,they sell whole Roasted pork, expensive as shit, yet they average about 12 pigs per week.
    a plate of pork,with a bit of rice,goes for $300 cordobas, their pork servings are under 1 lb
    You asked where my Market is?
    well, sell your own,pastured raised pork,cheaper roasted, add whole roasted pastured raised broilers as well.
    though you may say, people don't give a shit about pastured raised, I guaranteed you, they WILL notice the difference in TASTE.
    a normal whole charcoal, not gas roasted chicken goes for $220.
    the gas roasted goes for cheaper,and many are selling them this way.
    mine will be Charcoal Roasted/Asados both.
    if you sell pork and chicken by dead weight, you make a little money, but.... by aggregating value, is where the shit is at.
    remember, I DO NOT intent to do this at large scale, small time shit, I am sure I will have fun, and..... a lot of work ahead, couldn't have it, ANY OTHER WAY!!

Blog Entries

If trade sanctions hit and coffee and tobacco are no longer exportable, tell me about the booming economy in the North.
    booming or not, people gotta eat

Blog Entries

I agree, but what happens when trade sanctions hit.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

You know as well as anyone, don't let "Nica Math" fool you up. I am all with the grow food plan, is all I have ever preached, but if you think you are going to make $ in the coming years, good luck, easier to mow yards in the States and take home a paycheck every Friday, and dream of the day I can go home.
    I just want to stay bussy.
    make money or not, won't break me, I just want to be there and survive,until things get better,as in survive from the land.
    if things get tough, I'll just have to adjust,like we did in the early years, no biggie

Blog Entries

I agree, but what happens when trade sanctions hit.
    things get tougher,then again, farmers,gotta produce,farming WILL NEVER stop,albeit government controlled, but... production MUST go on,like it did in the early years

Blog Entries

Brother, I hope you are right, but the future of Nica scares me, getting too old for this shit...
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Brother, I hope you are right, but the future of Nica scares me, getting too old for this shit...
    OLD WTF you talking about bro?
    You've got plenty on your tank.
    have You EVER considered homesteading outside the Island?
    BTW, the USA should scare you more, so much freaking violence, You think that will get better?

Blog Entries

Afraid Are easier rows to Hoe.

Few love Nica the way I do, and fewer have the time and resources invested I have.

Beating your head on a really shitty cinder block wall gets old, even intoxicated.

Guess I will be an internet expert, mostly pontificate. I visited there once....
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Are easier rows to Hoe.

Few love Nica the way I do, and fewer have the time and resources invested I have.

Beating your head on a really shitty cinder block wall gets old, even intoxicated.
    been there,done that,remember, I ran my factory for 7 good years.
    I learned a ton,from those 7 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    “Anyone wondering why so many people have become so hostile to the pronouncements of public-health officials and science journalists should draw the appropriate conclusion from this story. When lecturing the public about the dangers of misinformation, it’s best not to peddle it yourself.” So ends Bret Stephens’ Opinion piece in today’s NYTimes.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/31/o...ak-theory.html

“Was it smart for science reporters to accept the authority of a February 2020 letter, signed by 27 scientists and published in The Lancet, feverishly insisting on the “natural origin” of Covid?”

The ties between the letter’s lead author and the CCP’s Wuhan lab was pointed out by Nicholas Wade in his May 5 essay, The origin of COVID: Did people or nature open Pandora’s box at Wuhan? His evidence overwhelmingly supports that SARS-CoV-2 was man-made. That Wade, a science writer for NYTimes & WallStJ, had to publish this story in such an off-beat journal tells all of the extent of media (mainstream & social) censorship. That it should affect the world’s scientific community is a shame.
    https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-...-box-at-wuhan/

Listen to "evolutionary biologist Bret Weinstein’s patient, lucid, scientifically rich explanation of the lab-leak hypothesis — which he delivered almost a year ago (Jun 18, 2020) on the decidedly non-mainstream Joe Rogan podcast”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQLF4DUSXGs

Caballeros de TRN: my apologies for continuing the subject title of this thread.
    Trying to Hijack your own post? You know the streets got no name and most the time we ain't going nowhere. We chatter.
    Ernie K Doe

You should contact Pirate's girlfriend, some how she was managing to produce Pollo cheaper than Cargyle, and sell cheaper than Pali, and she was making $$, of course she was not buying the feed. She is a real Business mastermind....
    So true. I'm still looking for the 4 quintales she bought over the phone on the 22nd of Dec, sold to El Gringo, and bought from a agro in Condega we'd never used before and delivered by bus.
    No record of any payment for the bus delivery.

When we got here on the 24th, the few chickens and pigs left had managed to eat their way through 400 pounds of feed.

Maybe they forgot that I paid aguinaldo in November ?

But, Krisnia moved on , is studying nursing at the university in Estelí.
    Javier, who we always thought honest to a fault, we caught stealing.

So, he had to go. He was as dumb as an ox, and broke everything he touched, didn't know plumb from level and didn't understand why it mattered,, but I always felt that he was loyal and we kept him on, even after some costly screwups.

But,, life goes on for everyone. Nicaragua will endure, as will I.

On the trade sanction(s), I think it's going to be beef only.

This will hurt people who are wealthy and connected. The pressure on Ortega to fix it will be intense.

An embargo on coffee would hurt a lot of poor people.
    Much of the tobacco investment is European and US, wouldn't buy the result intended and needed.

Google: Nicaragua Conflict Beef

Not to change the subject,, but the weather is absolutely beautiful in the northern mountains.

Warn, sunny and dry days,, and crisp nights.
    It doesn't get any better,, anywhere.

Of course, it has to start raining eventually unless AOK is right .
    But at least the existential threat to our planet comes with good weather.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Not to change the subject,, but the weather is absolutely beautiful in the northern mountains.

Warn, sunny and dry days,, and crisp nights.
    It doesn't get any better,, anywhere.

Of course, it has to start raining eventually unless AOK is right .
    But at least the existential threat to our planet comes with good weather.
    to me, the Northern Mountains have the BEST weather,comfy and TEMPs wise
    and the AIR........

Blog Entries

4 quintlas you worry on. You ever walk around La Lima and admire the flocks, you were running a good chicken biz, for about 20 others. Javier was too stupid to steal but your girlfriend needed a partner, he was not a quick study, without her he was a shitty thief, but he had gotten the taste from her.

If you need a selfie and are almost dead than she is the nurse for you, she can take selfies. Watch your shoes and socks because she will take them.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    to me, the Northern Mountains have the BEST weather,comfy and TEMPs wise
    and the AIR........
    The weather is the best, I loved it...
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

For the regime to demand that Wuhan be declared the source of the virus just adds wet kindling to the "war with China" fire. They tried telling us Chinese people in America were being beaten up for no reason, no one believes it. Yellow lives matter? They've tried to drum up a trade war, a currency war, no one's interested. Americans are just about done with the propaganda manipulation. 40% vaccine rate, 5% mask wearing; we're done here. Who wants war? Same people who choose our political candidates, and who buy the vote counting software. "Let's let them choose between brussels sprouts and ice cream, then poison the ice cream. If they pick brussels sprouts then we tell them how dumb they are."

If you need a selfie and are almost dead than she is the nurse for you, she can take selfies.
    Watch your shoes and socks because she will take them.

Life always moves on. You can't live in the past. It makes you bitter.
    It's a journey,, never a destination.

Krisnia was a raw campo girl when she came to live with me and Ariana, making 500 cords a week washing clothes all day.
    I taught her a lot, we traveled about Nicaragua a bit,, and we had some great times together.
    Shelley taught her to cook. She was a quick study.

I miss Krisnia, and wish her the very best.
    "... I've grown accustomed to her voice,, she almost makes the day begin,, " as the song goes.
    Maybe in the next life.

Javier is a product of his culture.
    When we were gone for a year and a half,, he probably thought we were never coming back.
    But,, God, he was dumb

Anything with a thread,, he would cross-thread it.
    Nothing he did was level or plumb.
    When I finally got here, I had to replace cords on several of my power tools.

His wife was really religious, we have two evangelical churches here, each competes with the other to be more "pentecostal" and louder.
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord is their motto

Johana hated Krisnia, the way she dressed, her easy life.
    It was fun to watch.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345