Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine

Blog Entries

Default Re: Vaccine

"Science" wont tell us the risk of dying from the vaccine, and I don't trust what they tell us is the risk of dying from Covid. So, in my opinion, we don't know the actual risk of either one.

But it's likely to be very very small for both. Kind of like the risk of being killed by a gang of drug dealers vs. killed by a drunk driver - both are actually pretty small.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    Science You Say?
    how about ACTUAL on the ground facts of friends and family?
    this virus is NO freaking joke.
    even if you double that and say it's 40k John, would't you say it's still a DAMN good %?
    like i said, no matter how positive the numbers, the conspiracy theorist will ALWAYS have some shady B.S to say
    Anecdotal evidence is not science.

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Seems to me that the risk of dying from Covid is much greater than the risk of dying from the vaccine.
    So why not take the logical route and take the vaccine?
    this freaking virus is some bad shit Tom
    I have at least 10 friends in Esteli, Matagalpa and Jinotega, who had the virus over 14 months ago, 3 of which were super healthy, 5 of them, haven't FULLY recovered YET, their taste and smell, is not the same, their lung capacity took a shit,they are having a hard time dealing with the sequels of this Virus.
    To compound the shit,even further, my sister got hit with the first wave, and she had little symptoms, then she got hit again with a different variant, that one nearly killed her.
    Some folks have NO logics Tom, but, there's is a Hispanic saying.
    "Those who dye by their own wish, should be buried STANDING"
    El Que Por Su Gusto Muere,Que Lo Entierren PARADO.
    You know Tom, if the people not wearing mask(the Anti-Mask IDIOTS),would just dye, I would't have an issue, the issue I have,is that they infect the more vulnerable, if the Anti-Vaccine would dye from the virus, I would't have an issue as well, since it was their choice and belief, but... they WILL eventually end up infecting the more vulnerable as well.
    Society has been turn upside down, this virus has made me loose faith in society, that is why I just want to live,the fuck away from MOST people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is not science.
    Yet, is is the BEST proof, ANYONE can give me John, that is just me
    But..Isn't science based on hard core evidence?

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

It has to be personal choice .

And once it hits 75ish percent, those who have the shot are like 6 decimal points on the right from worry, and the ones who did not have it are 3 decimal points of risk. All because the transmission level way down.

Both sides win.. Just like Polio, MMR and the others..

Just think of the new Left vs Right / Dem vs GOP / US vs world / China vs US etc etc debate tangets that can be persued at that time once COVID is put to bed...

(Bill reads about new bird flu logged in China and smiles nervously )
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    (Bill reads about new bird flu logged in China and smiles nervously )

EVERYTHING in this world, should be a personal choice
    I hope to get the hell out of the USA, before anymore nonsense comes out of China,wanna be secluded as hell,no need to EVER go to the cities,no need to socialize, I'd rather talk to the fish, chickens and pigs even if I get sick,treat my ass there, if I die burn me and throw my ashes in the lake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    ; 1,411 BELL'S PALSY;

Interesting bit on the Bell's Palsy in tonight's news - A story on a Toronto woman who had an flare up. Occurred 2 weeks after and is starting to clear about a week later.

It (Bells Palsy) was observed in the trials (of all vaccine variants so far), the twist is that for the placebo group the instances of occurrence were only +/- one or two counts fewer per 25,000 from the actual vaccine recipients.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

VAERS is anecdotal information with no scientific basis. People report what they think happened. Its value is that scientists can monitor the raw data and and research anything that looks interesting.
    People get polio from polio vaccine. the gubmint doesn't want to talk about it because the occurrence is so rare and any down turn in vaccinations would cause far more deaths and crippling.
    Some of the antivax is from nitpickers, some is from needle phobiacs, some are Chinese agents, and some are just regular people who are tired of being lied to by CDC/NIH. And some are just playing it safe--wait to the last possible minute to see how others are doing.

I hope they come up with the so-called passports, although that is a very bad name. Beats the hell out of wasting time and paying for endless PCR tests with the slight possibility you could get a false positive or be quarantined someplace you don't want to be. Canadians are really getting reamed right now.

Holy Jesus, what if I got quarantined somewhere with no wifi, single ply TP, and no hot sauce?

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

It went under the radar for our numerous threads that the variants are renamed... Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta

On the news this morning, looking for info on when the lockdown will start to break, one Dr used the term Covid Classic for the original strain this morning.

Covid encapsulated in a Cola war term - Both telling and sad...

This has been a really great deal for a lot of people. Everyone but me is making a buck off it and they are not going to let go of it easily.

Nicaragua will quit requiring testing when they run out of the 50K test kits that were donated, and they are selling for top dollar.
    Unless someone donates some more.

I wouldn't be surprised if DO uses Covid as an excuse to lock down Nicaragua right before the election, MINSA will discover all these new cases.

Blog Entries

That is exact same a Nica friend said yesterday. Going to figure out some way to cancel election.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    14 months ago, my sister in Costa Rica,had it, with little symptoms , 2 weeks ago, she tested positive for a second time,this time around, it nearly killed her, it's amazing how some folks look at taking the vaccine as a risk,rather than a protection?
    I see your points and you are right,about much more to learn about the virus and it's mutations,but......
    Felix, I hear you. I am glad your sister is OK. Without a doubt this virus is a complicated and serious thing. But there are a ton of unknowns. As far as anecdotal things go, at the height of the Mexican panic the small facility I was running ran pretty much 15 hours a day, 7 days a week making medical stuff. Out of about 80 people we only had 2 confirmed and 2 almost certain cases. The one thing we did, and are still doing, is we operated open air. No AC. A like facility 16 miles to the east of us, who shares the same people, from the same areas, and from the same families etc. had a 23% confirmed infection rate among their employees. The only difference was that they operated in an A/C environment. Their protocols for safety and such were tighter than ours, yet they suffered much worse. Their actual rate was probably close to 40%, as testing was not always available.

Look at Haiti, I worked in Haiti for 2 years. Managua is closer to Beverly Hills than Port au Prince is to Managua. Haiti makes Nicaragua look like the land of the rich and the home of the plenty. All my friends still working there were petrified, but they couldn't leave due to the restrictions. Well as it turned out they all ended up working their asses off through the duration, as did many people in Nicaragua, and the PPE and such available to them was minimal (although they made a ton of it). Haiti never had the outbreak and deaths that most, me included, expected. Many of the friends I had there opted to stay there instead of trying to get to the DR or other places. They felt safer. There was little if any social distancing and there was no stay at home shit, as there if you don't work, you ain't eating. And self sustenance is out of the question as that side of the island looks like, well it actually is, a desert due to deforestation and erosion. Why did that happen there and what is the difference between Nica and CR ? It isn't the variants and it sure isn't the vaccines.

I am not sure on all this stuff, but I am sure as shit not sure on the vaccines that were rushed into production with a political blow torch on their ass. The world has seen these type of viruses for centuries, this isn't the first time by any means. But the world was never this communicated before either. There are too many variables and odd denominators for this to be a one size fits all thing. And too many people survived the virus just fine, in my opinion, to warrant taking a shot of something that 8 months ago was still bubbling in a test tube. But to each their own.

Just remember that it was the US CDC which led, supervised, funded, and fostered the Tuskegee Syphilis deal, FOR DECADES, and they also did it in Guatemala. And those are only the things we know about, I wonder what is still buried or has been disappeared from records. As we all say, to each their own, but there is way too much info that is still unknown or better said; unshared at this time for me.

That Indian "Black Fungus" variant is interesting.

One of the Covid treatments is a steroid to reduce an over reaching immune system response.
    The reduced immune system then gives the fungus a toehold
    Many of the "black fungus" victims lose one or both of their eyes.

So,, the fat lady hasn't sung yet,, and not by a long shot:

On 3 June there were 600 Covid deaths in the US, and 1682 in Brazil.
    World-wide,, almost 12,000 and surely more than were actually reported.

I thought that we were doing better.
    41% of the US population has been vaccinated, and 70% of the UK

India is only at 4%
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 06-05-2021 at 01:08 AM.

Blog Entries

In case anyone still wonders,
    "Magnetofection has been adapted to all types of nucleic acids (DNA, mRNA) and viruses. The magnetic nanoparticles are made of iron oxide, which is fully biodegradable, coated with specific cationic proprietary molecules ... The nucleic acids are then released into the cytoplasm by different mechanisms ... Consequently, membrane architecture and structure stays intact, in contrast to other physical transfection methods that damage the cell membrane."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetofection
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Blog Entries

Whodathunk, HIV is problematical:

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...0-times-670398

Although note that all mutations are not bad, just the ebb and flow of things.

Blog Entries

Refusing vaccination saves lives.
    https://trialsitenews.com/should-you-get-vaccinated/

Blog Entries

Our area is the hot spot of the province today

78 of the current count of 385 in the province are in our area.

They now release hospitalisations with respect to vaccination. Of the (corrected) 377 in hospital ICU, none of them are 2 dose holders - 24% are one dose holders

The remainder have not received vaccination.

Of the 14.5M ontarians, 12.7M have had their first dose.
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 06-17-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post

Refusing vaccination saves lives.
    https://trialsitenews.com/should-you-get-vaccinated/
    THE ANALYSIS

The figure included in the meme is not the number of “COVID-19 vaccine deaths” in Australia, as claimed. Rather, it is the number of people reported to have died after immunisation; only one of whose deaths could be directly attributed to the treatment, according to the TGA.
    This figure is less than the expected natural death rate in the general population for the same cohort, the TGA says.
    The meme misrepresents official COVID-19 vaccine safety figures, published by the TGA each week.
    In its vaccine safety update on May 27, which covers all COVID-19 vaccinations in Australia up to May 23, the TGA said: “In this period, the TGA has received 210 reports of deaths following immunisation.”
    Three-quarters of those deaths were people aged 75 and over, it said, while 93 per cent were people aged 65 and over.
    In a statement to AAP FactCheck, a TGA spokesperson said the regulator had determined COVID-19 vaccines to be causally linked to only one of those deaths, which was a person affected by Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (TTS) due to the AstraZeneca vaccine.
    “The reporting of an adverse event to the TGA does not mean the event was caused by the vaccination. In some cases adverse events may occur coincidentally after vaccination,” the spokesperson said in an email.
    “Our analysis includes comparing expected natural death rates to observed death rates following immunisation. To date, the observed number of deaths reported after vaccination is actually less than the expected number of deaths.”
    The May 27 update includes similar context, reiterating: “Apart from the single Australian case in which death was linked to TTS, COVID-19 vaccines have not been found to cause death.” More than 3.6 million vaccine doses had been administered in Australia by May 23.
    Professor Louisa Jorm, the director of UNSW’s Centre for Big Data Research in Health, told AAP FactCheck that an average of 464 Australians died every day in 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic, including an average of 348 people aged 70 or over.
    She said it is inevitable that some deaths will occur shortly after COVID-19 vaccination – but this did not mean the vaccines were the cause.
    “The COVID-19 vaccination rollout is prioritising the protection of people who are most likely to die from COVID-19,” she said in an email.
    “These people are already at high risk of dying due to their age and/or underlying health problems. Therefore it is totally to be expected that (unrelated) deaths will occur soon after vaccination.”
    Anybody can report an adverse event to the TGA, however its spokesperson told AAP FactCheck that around four out of five cases are logged by health professionals or state and territory public health units.
    Official data from the US and the UK has been similarly misused to falsely claim vaccines have caused large numbers of deaths.
    AAP FactCheck previously examined a claim that the US VAERS database showed a string of vaccine deaths; in fact, the database represents unverified reports of deaths subsequent to vaccination which authorities said were not linked to the inoculations.
    In the UK, claims that hundreds of people died from COVID-19 vaccines last year were similarly found to be a misrepresentation of vaccine safety data.
    The TGA’s spokesperson noted the misuse of its logo in the meme could constitute a Commonwealth criminal offence on the grounds of impersonating an official body, and the matter had been referred to the Australian Federal Police.
    “The alleged posting, particularly of false information surrounding deaths from ‘COVID-19 vaccines’ with the (health) department’s and TGA’s apparent endorsement is particularly concerning,” the spokesperson said.

Blog Entries

OK Señor, as I understand the afore copied dissertation, the numbers are not in dispute, but the Aussie TGA says that of the 210 that died just after getting vaccinated, only one death was due to the vaccine.

OK.
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Blog Entries

First fully vaccinated death for C-19 reported in Canada, Alberta, today

Fully vaccinated person in their 80's, who was vaccinated, and 2 weeks had passed before infection. It was the Delta variant.

Blog Entries

Mean while, from the man with all the sensitivity and feelings a leader should have...

WORLD | News

Duterte threatens to arrest Filipinos who refuse vaccination

The Associated PressStaff
    Contact

CTV

Ok,, Honduras now accepts proof of vaccination in lieu of a Covid test. Shelley was able to enter at Las Manos with just her vaccination card. You have to have received both shots if it's a two shot vaccine.

We still wound up getting the Covid test because we are returning to Nicaragua on Monday. $60 each.

We're coming back through Guasaule. Both Guasale and Espino accepted antígeno tests in the past. I'm looking for some yellow corn in Chinandega, so it works out well.

We're on San Lorenzo,, looking for shrimp. We were hammered by heavy rain from Danlì to here last night but it's a perfect day today.

Las Manos says that they will not accept the antigen test for entry.

It will be curious to see how Nicaragua devolves through the next year. On leaving Nicaragua we were asked our professions.
    "Jubilado."
    "What did you do before you retired?"

I talked to a young lady in Danlì who said that covid was still a real problem in Honduras. She was hoping for a vaccine donation from the US.

Lots of people with masks, which are mandatory,, but lots without as well. The one i wear when i have to has become so filthy it's a health hazard

Blog Entries

We are scheduled for our 2nd on the 9th

The boys can go to a walk in for their first shot - We were going to go today but young Will has yet to wake.

14 days after the 2nd shot we would not need to quarantine if we left the province or country.

Border with the US will have limited opening on Jul 21st

Blog Entries

"What did you do before you retired?"

"technico"
    It translates better than Turd Herder.

Blog Entries

Even though he tested negative to covid, my bro'n-law had to get the jab to be released from lock-up on the border to enter the US. He was given the J&J and said he had a very strong reaction to it, deep chills, but OK the next day. He's 26.

On his trip north he'd been taking movies, fotos, recuerdos, but all was lost running from the miga when his phone got soaked in the Rio Grande. (I don't know why he ran since he'd plan on pleading asylum anyway. Probably the confusion of the moment.) With his cell he lost all important phone numbers, but fortunately he remembered the most important one, his aunt in Miami, who was always concerned for him, he being the youngest. He was released to her custody with a grillete, or electronic shackle, or ankle monitor that he says must weigh a pound, to insure that he shows up in immigration court on the date assigned, and so that he doesn't stray too far from where he was released.

He got job offers right away, which is good since he owes his aunt big time. First thing he did was buy a cell phone (with contract) to call the family back in Nicaragua. He's surprised at how free he feels, loving Miami, even with that heavy ankle bracelet. He's a very happy young man who took a huge risk.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast