Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    I don't know anyone who REALLY liked Trump,, he WAS a major Dick,, clever but not that intelligent, shallow in his understanding of the world. But,, a lot of people loved him.

Egocentric, narcissist, all true.
    I never believed he was racist. He's just didn't like poor people, felt it was your own fault if you were poor.
    Some truth to that. the problem: A lot of poor people happen to be black for whatever reason.

But,, I did like what he was doing for the country.
    He had great instincts. We've been bent over by friends and enemies for decades.
    He changed quite a bit of that.

If he'd made a bit more effort at being liked,, he probably would have gotten re-elected.
    But then,, he wouldn't have been Trump. He enjoyed putting a stick in his opponents eye too much.
    Crying Chuck,, Crazy Nancy,, it was great theatre.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet on this one,, 2022 is just around the corner.
    People are getting really sick of all this crime without any consequences.
    believe me, I am not happy with the current Admin, too soft, I would vote for ANY other Republican EXCEPT trump, and I bet you that those within his own party who voted Democrats on the president ballots but... republicans on the other stuff, would NEVER vote for Trump again.
    what the GOP fails to understand is that Trump would hurt the republican party,rather than helping, REGARDLESS of what changes the GOP try to make to the current election laws/rules.
    I don't care which Republican you put in the running, it should win the next election, unless the GOP has really gotten under the MAJORITY of the voters,including some within the GOP.
    Having ties with Trump, further damages the GOP,specially, when the GOP leaders in capitol hill, are still being Trump's lackeys.
    This is just my opinion and of many republican friends i often speak to.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post

Nonetheless I can also be a good lemming, if finally I must, to avoid the social gulag. But make no mistake about the totalitarian pressure to vaccinate all, even those with proven resistance and those too young & healthy to be at risk, esp. relative to long-term risks associated with the vaccines.

One of the most disturbing aspects of this grand novel vaccine experiment is that the big money companies involved are not keeping accurate statistics of the outcomes of each & every guinea pig-person, because the FDA let 'em off the hook on that score. What a waste of science, all in the glorious service of our most holy Mammon.
    That is OK because other countries who have not allowed politics to cripple the public health system are finding the data aligned with the pandemic and its vaccine solution.

Those that are vaccinated can rest easy, those who are against can protest to their hearts content and play the Genes delt to me lottery. This is how it should be. Ans since Canada will easily hit 75% vax the affliction will becomes a background illness and our economy can continue.

It was stated that the border should be open to unencumbered travel for Canadians and Americans Sept 17. And if you come up here and catch it your will be treated at 30% the cost. Mind you it with come with a heaping helping of smugness.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    FB has killed most forums like this, easier and in most ways better.BUT is not the same.
    You could say it reflects society's transational nature. Posts for like share and envy not for information. Questions need a demand answer not investigation or research. Echo chamber is still true but amplified in that the affinity only showing things you like and are pleasing to yo uh not the whole picture which is a failing of the technology.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    You could say it reflects society's transational nature. Posts for like share and envy not for information. Questions need a demand answer not investigation or research. Echo chamber is still true but amplified in that the affinity only showing things you like and are pleasing to yo uh not the whole picture which is a failing of the technology.
    You watch like I do, is not the same.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

We have our crazy chatter here but most of us know where the other is coming from, on FB is just blah, blah, blah....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

I been wrong on almost all my predictions lately, but I bet Trump gets back in. Lot of people like his crazy, they do not like him but the like he is different.

Uncle Joe is going to a nursing home before his term is up. 1st President to rule from assisted living facility. Reagan had got shaky in the end, this might be worse.
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Inlaw in US thinks biden will reel in the left. Not so, he is an old talk artist and represents a generation of old Dem talk artists. The left, on the other hand, can turn out the rioters and arsonists who nobody, including Trump, can stand up to.
    America is following S. Africa's lead. If you haven't noticed, they are rioting again and targeting ethnic Indians but it is not racist because they are black and not rioting because they are oppressed.

Trump has just about zero chance of winning in 2024. With 5 million new dems they will steamroll any election on the national level, with or without crooked voting machines. Trump has no choice but to try to change the Rep party to a nationalist party to lead the resistance against a 1 party state. Americans are generally too dumb to realize they are the new Palestinians, a hated minority in their own land.

Sleepy Joe is expendable. He was the ultimate "anybody but Trump". Cameltoe is more an opportunist of color than a leftist ideologue. Maybe she is just a mixed race chump who will be easy to manipulate. The CCP and the American capitalist class need a flunky and central casting sent her.

One thing I can't help but notice every time I go to the US is that people who hate their home, their life, their family constantly jump in their little car and drive around in circles to entertain themselves. Face book is the electronic version of driving around in circles.
    Last edited by el duende grande; 07-17-2021 at 08:21 AM.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

Was reading some this morning on S Africa, lot like 2018 in Nica, supply lines all blocked.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Maybe once a week I visit das Gesichtsbuch to glean nuggets of info on travel en-tiempo-del-covid or neat places to visit in this land of lakes & volcanos & güirila con cuajada y chicha bruja, Usually I wait til the number in the red circle atop the small 'f' (for, fuck you, please) in the blue box disappears. Despite the numerous big egos that loiter there, there's little entertaining to read. It's like a dentist's waiting room that only has Ladies' Home Journals for its clients to read.

The censorship practiced by the almighty Zuck-da-berg's minions is, however, interesting news. Even with state-of-the art totalitarian surveillance, it ain't easy to guide the majority of so many millions of stupid people to do the 'correct' thing.

A footnote on anti-covid vaccines: my understanding is that it's necessary to sign a release to get the jab. (Like the incomprehensible 'terms' we agree to in seconds to open a new app or online account, &c. - duh.) The vaccine manufacturers are legally absolved of all liability should a recipient die or be permanently disabled or be rendered infertile or ... as a result of the experimental shot. A gift from Uncle Sam. Much as the 'pandemic' itself was a gift from shushu Xi to grace the world with a decidedly necessary reset.

Just the facts, ma'am.

" . . Much as the 'pandemic' itself was a gift from shushu Xi to grace the world with a decidedly necessary reset. . ."

Not enough of a reset.

But they will get the next one right. These viruses can clearly be engineered to kill precisely whom they please.

And with a vaccine ready before they unleash the pandemic, it will be Cortes and the Aztecs all over again.

The Carousel in Logan's Run seems a much more civilized way of accomplishing the same end.

Blog Entries

One good ciber attack and the USA is toast. Imagine all the people rioting to get into mental health institutions if their cell phones were down for a day. And I wouldn't have a prayer of getting my rotisserie chicken at the Super Walmart if the electronic scale didn't work. Maybe they would sell by the piece/cash only.

Trump's legacy is that of the president who flubbed the pandemic, like how Hoover got blamed for the depression. His first mistake was not purging the CDC right at the beginning. They are the Energizer Bunny of lying and confusing the public.

Meanwhile, we got a phone call that the next door neighbor has the wuflu so don't come a knocking. Her doctor did a home visit and told her to stay home--the hospital is full. The next Costa Rica, jajaja? Shots are in mga and masaya this week, you snooze, you lose. They are still working on old, sick and health care workers. They need to get to the germy young people who are the super spreaders.

But idiota of the year award goes to Sen Cruz for opposing health protocols in airports.

Blog Entries

The Canadian Border Opens Aug 9 and will be open to US citizens that are fully vaccinated. No quarantine requirements will be placed upon those visitors.

There are no test requirements but there will be some random selection at time of arrival.

As of today there is no US response of a reciprocal entry easing.
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 07-20-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Blog Entries

The Canadian Border ... will be open to US citizens that are fully vaccinated.
    Conspiracy.

As of today there is no US response of a reciprocal entry easing.
    Reciprocity? You want poor ol' Joe to blow his last few synapses? Why wait? All are welcome thru the Southern border. Hop a flight to MEX, buy some souvenirs and bus up or rent a car.

Blog Entries

Jeez...Louise....what is the big deal???
    I mean who wants to go to Canada?

Conspiracy.

Reciprocity? You want poor ol' Joe to blow his last few synapses? Why wait? All are welcome thru the Southern border. Hop a flight to MEX, buy some souvenirs and bus up or rent a car.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

No it has more to do with US congressmen and Senators of border states thumping their desks and calling Canada names to re open and then when we give a plan to do so .. Crickets..

Blog Entries

The Canadian Border Opens Aug 9 and will be open to US citizens that are fully vaccinated. No quarantine requirements will be placed upon those visitors.
    There was some expansion on that - US citizens and legal residents who do not not have a proof of vaccination are allowed but must have the clear PCR 72hrs prior and a 14 day quarantine plan.

Blog Entries

I have a (sorta) funny Canada story.

I was working up near the border 1 yr and a friend from Okie was up in that area for a convention and had called me, we decided we would go to Niagra Falls.

I go pick him up, we go, all is nice and well, we did the boat under the Falls and it was cool, we sat a restaurant overlooking Falls, had a great meal, and then the CND was shit so was all dirt cheap.

End of day, time to go home. I had a new truck with paper tags, I had just bought it day they called me to go up. I had left a check with a friend and as soon as paperwork came (usually a week or so in Okie) they would get the tag and mail it to wherever I was, no big deal.

Get to Border. Sir you cannot bring a vehicle with a paper tag into Canada.... This is a vehicle and that is a paper tag I say, and I believe this is Canada, Obviously you can.

We go on for almost an hour, buddy is freaking. I tell him reach in glove box and get out all the papers, I reached in the console and got out the little bit in there. Told buddy get out of the car, I got out. I only had the truck a week or so. Guard starts getting nervous, asking what we are doing, I tell him I am about to walk across that bridge and call this truck in as stolen, then rent me a car.

Things got resolved quickly, and yes you can drive a car with a paper tag into, out seems to be the issue.

I shit you not it was like a Saturday Night Live Skit.
    Ernie K Doe

We flew into Canada , maybe a thousand years ago, for cheap eye surgery. Same deal with the Canadian dollar, and the Canadian doctors are not nearly as greedy as ours. It was like the difference between $500 /eye and $2000 /eye back then.

Loved Vancouver, had a great time, still remember clearly when the surgery was complete and I looked at the clock on the wall. Before it was a blur,, now perfectly sharp. We wandered around for a day with those cheapo sunglasses they give you, stumbled into the best performance of Antigone I have ever seen, loved every part of it.

Anyway, we had got into Canada without any problems. But leaving,, they wanted to see our passports. I had one but didn't bring it, nor Shelley. This is Canada,, right ?? We had California Driver's Licenses.

"Birth certificate?" the guy asked.
    "Who travels with a birth certificate?" "We go to Mexico all the time with ou driver's license". Which was true. At that time you didn't need anything to get back to the US, just answer the question, "Citizenship? " with "American!"

We used to travel back and forth with our Mexican maid, Isabel, who we taught to shout "American"!
    Simpler times,, much simpler. I was working in Spokane,, we had a house in Corona, flying back and forth for peanuts.
    Busy time.
    Isabel was supposed to be watching our 16 Yr Old Lisa. Mostly they just found some mischief to get into together.

Anyway,, back to the thread,, we go around a bit with the Canadian guy,, I assume immigration,
    we're leaving after all,, what is he going to do ????
    We're so jazzed that we can look into the distance and see everything so clearly,, that we probably weren't paying much attention. We were both badly nearsighted prior to the surgery.

After some admonishment,, "Don't try this again!" ,, he let us get on our plane.

I wish I'd had more time to see Canada.
    Shelley did a bicycle ride there, and got a ride on some rocky mountain railroad that I heard was spectacular.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

"Birth certificate?" the guy asked.
    "Who travels with a birth certificate?" "We go to Mexico all the time with ou driver's license". Which was true. At that time you didn't need anything to get back to the US, just answer the question, "Citizenship? " with "American!"
    You could easily travel between the two through the 80 with just a licence or birth certificate and it got tighter in the 90's and passport "only" after 9/11

Back in 91 when Chilo and I drove to BC, and Chilo brought her Mom's passport by mistake . We wanted to drive the US for the trip, a simple stop at the white rock border crossing and an explanation and they waived us in - No problem.

Fellow at the Canadian side of the Detroit Winsor tunnel appeared to be a summer student . Sun glases, feet on the half door. He asked "Dude - where you coming from?" me:BC - Hey says "Dude thats a long drive where do you live" me: Kitchener Hey says" Have a good drive eh!. waves us on..

Those guys you experienced in Vancouver, they would be US customs. Canada has an agreement with the US boarder patrol that all US flights clear US customs, via US customs agents, within Canada. That way the flight can arrive in a US domestic terminal.

Those guys you experienced in Vancouver, they would be US customs. Canada has an agreement with the US boarder patrol that all US flights clear US customs, via US customs agents, within Canada. That way the flight can arrive in a US domestic terminal.

Yes, you are right.
    Same thing with the Virgin Islands.

Blog Entries

Another time, I got a story about Windsor.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Windsor was another new car, Canadian's seem to hate new cars...
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

That day was a Brand New 1999 Chevy Tahoe LT, 4x4. I had ordered it, loaded to the gills, I was not going to walk off from it, had taken months to get.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

I almost went to Canada once, but it snowed. I don't do snow well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    I almost went to Canada once, but it snowed. I don't do snow well.
    Chilo and I were talking in passing of whether Edward or Daniel would come back this year.

The answer they gave her is a resounding No over the last week of talking.

Was it the lack of flights? No
    Was it the trouble of travel? No
    Was it the need for tests? No
    Was it the problem of Quarantine? No (Sputnik V is not recognised)

It was thie slim, almost zero chance, of being stuck in the winter...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast