Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What really drives CA immigration?

Blog Entries

Default What really drives CA immigration?

I ask these questions in all sincerity and ignorance.

Is life so miserable in CA?
    Is there no food?
    Is there no opportunity?
    Is there no family support?
    Is there no work or education to be had?
    Is the USA that much better without legal status?
    Do they believe that this is the land of milk and honey and that they will be paid and cared for for nothing?
    Have they been fed lies and empty promises?
    Are they being paid to travel to the US?
    Where are all these unaccompanied kids coming from? Are they traveling alone across thousands of miles?

So much of this just seems NOT BELIEVABLE. And therefore not being accurately reported by the press. Certainly not in context.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What really drives CA immigration?

I agree, it's not believable. We are lied to constantly, these are just more lies I believe. The migrant groups are likely fake; paid actors.

On a similar note on fake activities, I've heard that a lot of panhandlers have "pimps" who take a cut and it's basically a job like any other. Well, not like any other, they don't file 1099s or pay taxes, so it's like being a hooker only you just get money without giving BJs.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

But is there not a degree of unfettered opportunity that allows it to perpetuate?

Going from a supply and demand model there is relatively little punitive outcome for the employers and a lot of upside for the employed (risk vs reward). Until you do something to address that imbalance your plug the 1/4" leak with your finger while the 2" pipe continues to spew's in.

While high, statistics (as best you can trust documents of undocumented) is that 65% of your illegals come from Mexico/CA - the other 35% are from Asia, Affrica EU and Caribbean.

While we have the benefit os a S#it climate, we keep illegals down because it is so difficult to get under the table employment.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Here's a source I trust to be accurate:
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/illega...y_3727175.html
    In February, Border Patrol apprehended 100,441 illegal border-crossers along the southern border, according to Customs and Border Protection (CBP). (Almost triple the number from February 2020.) Another 26,000 people evaded capture, according to a former Texas Department of Public Safety captain.
    The critical issue, as I understand it, is that 100% of the illegal border-crossers are controlled by the cartels. They are actually tagging them with wristbands of personal data as they move north thru the cartel network. What they can't pay directly, they owe and pay in service, and the cartels keep tabs on them everywhere in the States and know where their families in CAm live. Mexico is complaining because it's such a big financial windfall for the cartels who are already as powerful as the national gov'mint.

The open door to America was big news globally. So, many from other poor nations are immigrating here en mass, like Haiti, Yemen, Venezuela, &c.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Here's a source I trust to be accurate:
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/illega...y_3727175.html
    We keep on getting copies (actually paper copies) of Epoch times delivered to the house in the coupon / Flyer packs every 5 or 6 months. If a paper could yell "Get off my Lawn" in old white man speak that would be the one...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Thanks guys but nobody has explained shit to me.
    Kids don't just up and leave families and walk 1000 miles to join up with friends and maybe family in another country.
    This whole thing stinks on many levels.
    If this is Cartel controlled, well Cartels do not work for free so they WILL or MUST be paid.
    Hard to imagine them working off IOU's from campesinos.
    Equally hard to imagine any capesino sending off their children for a 2000 mile trek to nowhere......alone.
    I am sure there is a simple explanation but I haven't heard it yet.

Blog Entries

Look, LCT, let's you & I split a couple six-packs while the sunsets (i.e., Earth occults el sol) at a comfortable beach bar, and I'll share with you my limited = simple overview of the situation at the border.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    I am sure there is a simple explanation but I haven't heard it yet.
    Fuck yeah, the cartels are collecting big: $3,000 just to cross el rio grande = el rio bravo, which I waded across at Big Horn. The pay to duck migra and find a situation. Can't pay" They'll prostitute or run dope, but they'll pay, no doubt. The cartels only cover the 100 mile zone by the border, but it's their turf. You pay to cross. LCT, don't doubt their ability to collect.

Kids usually come accompanied by family, but are cut loose at the border to claim relatives in the USA, cause they'll get a free ticket to ride. Everybody in CAm knows somebody in the USA, so it's a tag-team game, of sorts. Very poor kids in CAm are sent to learn to beg young, esp. from parents who are little more than fuck-buddies.

95+% of the refugees are economic. They're fleeing feudal Latin societies: peones looking for more generous gringo patrones.

LCT, do you really own a piece of CAm, and know so little?

Blog Entries

Is it real? Yes, no, & maybe. The coverage we are seeing here (USA) is pretty sensational.

Imagine this, you are a dirt poor share cropper in Honduras, finally scrimp, save, and recycle everything you can to build a black plastic house, hurricane comes along, takes your house, your chickens, pig, crops, and the land it was sitting on, packing the kids off to "El Norte" does not seem so far fetched.

As noted EVERYONE in CA has friend, family, etc in USA. Many of these children are trying to reach a parent already there. Kids were being minded by someone, parent sending money, kids never seeing any of it, their keepers pimping them or using them as slaves, to a kid a walk to the border seems like it would be a vacation.

I have friends here ask me about this all the time and from the coverage here I can understand how unreal it all seems, but having lived there I know how real it is.

Not living there, close to the people, it is impossible to see the true poverty and struggle many face.

The pandemic has made things much worse, on the Coast for example I know tons on aunts and grannies that mind kids for parents on cruise ships, no cruise ships for over a yr or anytime soon, now the wage earner parent is home, no work to be had, pile of kids, granny and wage earner been sitting around looking at each other for a year, remembering how good life was just a yr ago, they are lucky, can go catch a fish, find a coconut, a family in Managua cannot.

Here is a story I always pass along to those not believing the kids at the borders, is an old story but still very much true...

A summary:
    https://www.gradesaver.com/enriques-...-guide/summary

The story, is also a book "Enrique's Journey"
    https://www.latimes.com/nation/immig...rygallery.html
    Last edited by cookshow; 03-17-2021 at 06:49 AM.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

My explanation is that it isn't totally real, it's mostly propaganda.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In nature an old sick organism is parasitized and killed by lesser organisms. RIP, USA, you were the inspiration of the world while you lasted.
    The caravans and "kids" are manipulated for political gain, supported by many including the cartels and the Pope.

The ho-hum of smiling faces, etc., is feel good stuff. Scratch the surface of C.A and you have brutal societies of class and caste. The rich of all political persuasions are too greedy to ever change and the poor are too dumb to come up with viable options.

Societies have "comorbidities" too. The US wants to play Santa Claus to everyone, internally and externally. Spain and CR want to increase standard of living faster than they can create productivity. Unproductive countries want to dump their surplus populations on others for the remittances without realizing they will simultaneously destroy their social structure. The pandemic, and the miss-handling of the pandemic, is pushing them off the edge at an accelerated rate.
    Last edited by el duende grande; 03-17-2021 at 08:25 AM.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

Obviously the masses of people did not magically appear at the border overnight. My guess is many been biding their time in the area, waiting for the right moment. The media makes it look like the kid from Bolivia on TV last night made a quick sprint to the border, geography would say it might be a bit more complicated.....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

As an American friend once asked me "in what part of Mexico is Honduras?"

Blog Entries

Article a little dated, but the you get the idea.
    https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/n...ers-pence.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I agree, it's not believable. We are lied to constantly, these are just more lies I believe. The migrant groups are likely fake; paid actors.

On a similar note on fake activities, I've heard that a lot of panhandlers have "pimps" who take a cut and it's basically a job like any other. Well, not like any other, they don't file 1099s or pay taxes, so it's like being a hooker only you just get money without giving BJs.

Blog Entries

My explanation is that it isn't totally real, it's mostly propaganda.
    Personally I see no reason to debate this view in light of published statistics.
    In February, Border Patrol apprehended 100,441 illegal border-crossers along the southern border, according to Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
    Every man today exists within his own bubble of information, much like individual "Truman Shows".

I would never argue with those who believe the moon landing & walks were staged, nor those who think the WWII holocaust is a fabrication, &c. What's to be gained? It's the fundamental failing of the democratic form of governance: truly rational choices depend on perfect information. In the end people are shunted into what must be done.
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Blog Entries

In our age of information anyone can find "facts" to support any belief they choose. Honestly, if you read tons like I do you often find yourself more confused than enlightened and that can be on any subject be it composting or global warming.

With the internet everyone can be an expert (albeit self-proclaimed) on any subject they choose.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

CBP is the government, why do we trust any government figures? Because they're on the internet?

Let's say there really were 100,441 people at the border during that 28 day period we are told was February, that's 3,587 a day, every day of the month on average. That's about 150 people per hour being "apprehended," or 2 1/2 per minute. I don't know how many CBP facilities are involved, but I don't know of any government agency that works at that speed 24/7. My only point being the figures aren't always credible when you pick them apart.

Blog Entries

CBP is the government, why do we trust any government figures? Because they're on the internet?

Let's say there really were 100,441 people at the border during that 28 day period we are told was February, that's 3,587 a day, every day of the month on average. That's about 150 people per hour being "apprehended," or 2 1/2 per minute. I don't know how many CBP facilities are involved, but I don't know of any government agency that works at that speed 24/7. My only point being the figures aren't always credible when you pick them apart.

AMEN......

And BTW...where do I get my "Please Mr. Biden.....Let me in" tee shirt? Do you suppose Mr. Soros has any left over?

I would really be surprised if it were that few. When you drive a 42 mile stretch of road that runs along the river like I do every day right now and see several groups of 20+ walking down the road looking for the authorities to turn themselves in those numbers start to make sense. Biggest group I saw a couple of weeks ago was probably 40 to 50 folks, with a bunch of kids in tow.

The government has run out of holding space in the BP hoosegows, the tent cities are full, they are busing them to the Dallas convention center and have former "man camps" out in the Permian leased, this is some WFO lunacy. My daughter takes batting lessons from a BP supervisor on the weekends. He was telling me that about 90% of the BP in the RGV sector are no longer patrolling, they are having to deal with processing and "in taking" the wets. There is a shit pot full of them. Buses running north in Mex are sold out and full.

I work in the municipality where the 18 Guatemalans got shot and burned weeks ago. All the flop houses, stash houses, outhouses, but not the whore houses, are full. To comprehend those numbers you have to understand that the strategy of the wets right now from Central America, is TO GET CAUGHT. Most are being allowed to stay in the country and the US government is paying for room, board, and in some cases transportation. But they are not Covid testing them.

Oh, I forgot to mention, they are putting a lot of the kids and people with multiple kids up in hotels. Look at the pic below (don't know why it is so small) and you can see hotel prices and availability for the area, when 3 months ago things were nil because the visa holder Mexicans are still kept out, no tourist crossings. And the CBP is ugly about it too if they try. This shit along the border is a whole lot crazier than what is being seen and reported.

Blog Entries

So how would you answer Tom's questions?

So how would you answer Tom's questions?
    I have worked for in LatAm for 29 years, the bulk of the time has been Nicaragua and Mexico, but with stints in El Salvador, Honduras, Haiti, Guatemala, the DR, and even CR back in the day. Factor in that I have worked with people maybe on the 2nd lowest rung of the prosperity ladder and in Haiti with those at the bottom. To answer Tom's question, this is what I will say, it is like an old murder mystery book or show, who has the means and the motive.

The reason illegal immigration is WFO nowadays is due to technology and the previous slow pace, years and years, of illegal immigration. People in Central American are better off today than they probably have ever been, the vast majority to include the large segment living in poverty. Even those in abject poverty have access, and have had access, to the internet and now with smart phones they have instant access for a $50 Cord or $20 Limpira or $20 Quetzal recarga. Throughout the years millions of Central Americans have immigrated and stayed in the US, not only Central Americans but Mexicans too, and in the majority Mexicans when we speak about the illegal immigration from this Hemisphere.

Thus, most folks in Central America have a tio, tia, primo, prima, mama, papa, hermano, hermana or somebody they know in the US. In some cases they have many they know. Many of the illegals for the 80's-90's through the 00's have become citizens or legal permanent residents, with dollar paying jobs, welfare getting lifestyles, and now extended families. They can keep in instant contact with their families in the impoverished places via the whatups, or any of a variety of means. Video calls, face time, email you name it, there is communication. They can get money easily via Western Union or the other transfer services. No issue at all really. Nowadays many of the people in Central America have jobs and are earning money or have informal businesses. They have income.

Now, into all of this inject increased border security and difficulty in traversing Mexico, thus people who get to the US stay in the US for the duration. The wets of the last 20 years have stayed in the US as opposed to the historical pattern, especially of Mexicans, of coming and going as financial needs arose. Thus roots have been put downs. The Mexicans working in the IBP plants in Nebraska have married the ugly and fat white girls up there and the hot chica's in the US have married US citizens, there has been a boon of "legalization" of immigration status over the last 30 years. But ties have never been completely cut from the large extended families left behind. Enter the crime groups that specialize and will finance illegal immigration and you have what you are seeing now.

Most certainly life is better for a majority of folks if they can get to Los Estados Unidos, jump into the lawn mowing, dry wall hanging and dish washing labor pool while living in the home of their tio/tia for a year or so until they can jump out on their own, which many eventually do. Due to the cost and the dangers of coming, most just stay in the US. Kids are born, marriages happen, the wets are ingrained in American life. Why would they leave?

Most of the kids born to past and current wets want nothing to do with the mother country left behind. The American pattern of the 3rd generation Americanization is in full effect for these people, you see it all around. Just go to Pasadena, Texas or Dalton, Georgia, or any of the chicken or beef producing towns in Mississippi, North Carolina or Nebraska. There is a whole lotta truth to the fact that these people, for the first 2 to 3.5 generations filling the jobs "Americans" won't do. The US needs illegals because the US has paid a big class of fat ass worthless slob slackers to to sit on their ass and collect welfare, food stamps, and government aid. And make no mistake about it, many of the wets gravitate to that segment as well, usually not initially, but if offered the free cheese it can and does happen.

The path to prosperity is easier and better in the US than Latin America, that is the bottom line. The rights and safety of individuals is better in the US. Latin America is fiefdom designed and run by the elite oligarchs dating back to the Spanish Economienda system, and only the bare needed middle class to administer than fiefdom is ever going to exist as long as the Latin American systems of government are left in place.

Always remember that historically there has never been revolution when immigration was feasible and possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    ...where do I get my "Please Mr. Biden.....Let me in" tee shirt? Do you suppose Mr. Soros has any left over?
    Comment on https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/202...can-i-buy-one/
    "Doesn't take rocket science to figure this out - these shirts were provided by Casa de Luz Tijuana, an organization that provides assistance to people who have migrated. On Feb. 27, the group posted a photograph of these shirts to their Facebook page and wrote that “Biden PLEASE Let us In” was a movement started by Casa de Luz"

The T-shirt industry is such that there are plenty of knock-offs now, apparently.
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Blog Entries

Statistics, bah, humbug! https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/c...ent-statistics

In 2019, 16,731 agents patrolled the 1,954 mile US-Mex border; most are latinos.

There are 48 US–Mex border crossings, with 330 ports of entry. https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports

The total number of US-Mex CBP encounters with illegals = 382,617 in 2021 to date, Jan & Feb. This includes apprehensions which refers to the physical control or temporary detainment of a person who is not lawfully in the U.S. which may or may not result in an arrest.

This is comparable to the totals for all of each of the years 2020, 2018 & 2017

With a nod to Bigh Jonh
    Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: “There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Thanks for the write up RGVAG.....scary shit.....there has got to be a better way to manage a country than what we have inherited and / or evolved into.

Blog Entries

There’s one thing I can’t quite process. If you have the drive, initiative, and funding to trek a thousand miles through hostile terrain, evade the law, live in a place where you don’t speak the language and people resent your presence, why not use all that same energy in your own country?

Blog Entries

$$$$$$

Because a top worker in the Campo tops out below $10 day, closer to $5 be much more common, when there is work.
    Ernie K Doe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast