Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Fresh crap...

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2021 - Fresh crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Then your statement "They can shut down the country" is bullshit.
    No, they can shut down transport, you ever hear about a huelga.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Seen them burn Jorge Morgan property, maybe you know better than him.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Whatever, Kevin....I can't keep up with your ever "dynamic" arguments and allusions to secret events nor do I care to.

Shoulda known better than to start an argument this late in the day.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

You should go visit, pontificating is easy.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post

You may just care to think about just WHO is "pontificating" in this thread.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Ha, yes, as your understanding of the Coast seems under par, do you ever read the news you post? Search Colonist...
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did the Los Angeles-merida-British honduras-tulum-new Orleans-los angeles trip in my ole Studebaker in 1972. 11,000 miles of great fun, got back to L.a with 4 diverent size tires, broken brakes, and 87 cents in my pocket.

But it taught me, it doesn't pay to drive. Take the the train(then, what a ride) or a bus. Maybe an exception if you are hauling the whole family or a bunch of stuff.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    But it taught me, it doesn't pay to drive. Take the the train(then, what a ride) or a bus. Maybe an exception if you are hauling the whole family or a bunch of stuff.
    That is very true - but myself I enjoy the journey much much more than the destination.

So while Chilo will get her 3 weeks chit chatting every one up I will get 2 and a bit weeks of bliss driving - Like I said in another part Dinner with Memphis BBQ - Crossing the Mississippi - Late afternoon BBQ at Franklins - Seeing the southern border - The din of border crossings - all of it - I eagerly await it.

What I can see happening is that Chilo hops a plane back and either BIL Edward or Daniel travels back with me to do bit of stuff up here - Mind you neither of them would be interested in a Jan visit to the land of ice and snow.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

It might be that we are part of a generation that was raised on Route 66 and Neal Cassady driving endlessly back and forth between the coasts.

We bought our first cars at 15, fixed them ourselves, raced and cruised. There was little sex available, so we had a lot more time on our hands.

I'm still tempted all the time to take a road, just because it's there.
    I curb my enthusiasm more now than in the past,, but just yesterday I had to back my truck a block down this narrow dirt road that unexpectedly dead ended. I had a barrel of used motor oil in the back, two sacks of cement, a sack of concentrado, chimbo, bottle of water, and was on my way home when I saw this track along the river. It was lined with shanties, and something called.

I had left the Condega dump earlier, where I had stopped to chat with some people loading chatara in those enormous canvas bags. I asked where I could buy the bags, thought about using them to load rice hulls. So,, they are someplace just over the bridge in Condega at C$300 each, but I was unable to understand precisely where. Why can't they use simple directions like
    "37 Bridge Road North" ?

What really got me going was, there was a young girl in the group, pretty, slender, with a bare midriff. She smiled at me the entire time I was talking to the dump loaders, that smile generated some sense of time warp, like those rabbit holes on Star Trek that take you to another dimension.

Then on to Condega where three of us levered a full drum of dirty oil into my truck bed, and my other purchases. The trip down the river track was something out of On The Road, a search for something that doesn't exist, a momentary escape from reality, not wanting the moment to end.

They had this little pickup loaded to the sky with those bags, something you see frequently down here. They passed me on the Pan Am as I was loading the oil, recognized my truck, honked and waved. I had a momentary urge to just leave the truck, wave them down, and spend the rest of my life picking through trash at the dump. They don't know how lucky they are.

But, I couldn't : The flies are horrific, I wouldn't last an hour.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Did the Los Angeles-merida-British honduras-tulum-new Orleans-los angeles trip in my ole Studebaker in 1972. . . . taught me, it doesn't pay to drive.
    Hey, I was in Tulum in '72. Actually slept one night in the ruins. Atop the main temple with a view of the Caribbean, I slung my hammock. Spent most of a month in the Yucatan.

That was after 3 months on the West coast, Mazatlan to Puerto Vallarta, after which I parked my Mustang-made-camper in D.F. Started right up after a month.

Gas was cheap everywhere then. Yeah, the car was liberty, escape from routine, a chance to see North America, as long as you could feed the beast, and it'd protect you. Now the road doesn't hypnotize me so much. Traffic everywhere hereabouts. Still, one must keep moving, but as a passenger these days, I'm content letting my mind wander, tuning out the sameness of the highway, esp. interstates & turnpikes. To visit Philly, NJ transit costs much less than gas, tolls & parking. For NYC &/or Boston I take the cheapo Chinese buses, unbeatable. Yes, there are destinations uniquely worthwhile.

Blog Entries

Easy to pontificate from Florida IP addresses. You and Tom should have a beer, you're within a hundred miles of each other, if the IP locations are accurate.

I've been reading you're "natives are restless" comments on TRN for years, but nothing is ever accomplished; same with the so-called opposition in the rest of Nicaragua. Maybe they're what we call controlled opposition. One entity controls both the ruling party and the opposition. That's a common theory for how most governments are managed these days.

Blog Entries

Have come to believe the opposition opposes themselves more than Ortega. Think they have to formally announce as candidates in May, looks like will be many, unlikely they will get united and come together to back a single candidate, not that it would matter, don't think they have anyone that can beat Ortega in a fair election, what are chances of that.

And the natives are restless...
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

It is really the desire for self governance - there isn't any.

All those who have the kahonas to make change have high tailed it to LA, Miami, Houston or Spain.

The opposition is a joke, taking a pages from soviet workers committee on how to campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Easy to pontificate from Florida IP addresses. You and Tom should have a beer, you're within a hundred miles of each other, if the IP locations are accurate.

I've been reading you're "natives are restless" comments on TRN for years, but nothing is ever accomplished; same with the so-called opposition in the rest of Nicaragua. Maybe they're what we call controlled opposition. One entity controls both the ruling party and the opposition. That's a common theory for how most governments are managed these days.

I'm convinced that the Ortegas are going to die in office, and I see that as a positive thing in terms of stability.

There are a lot of younger, well educated, motivated people , Sandinistas sure, but not Orteguistas,, in the government.

If they can just keep the family from taking over,, a lá Somoza, I think that the country will be OK, long term.

Ortega only needs 35%. Who else could come close ??
    Unless there is a second coming, and Jesus announces his candidacy in May, Ortega is a sure bet.

I was in Managua during what was supposedly "April 2018 Stay At Home" protests.
    I think that I posted a pic of the empty carretera norte at 9AM.

But what was more noteworthy was the absolute lack of police presence.
    There was some transito out, but most of them were occupied on their phones.

The rotundas were empty of NP.

Blog Entries

Just booked SIL Jenny's (Luis's wife) grand son a flight back.

Jenny's Son Jimmy (Cronically ill and served time for a kniife fight, who has been pretty clean since 2005ish) had a son with a Nica girl (while in Canada) in '00

THe Girl ran back with the child soon after the incarceration (Late 00?) and there was no contact for almost 2 decades - Well they (Jimmy and the girl) got in contact again and Jimmi's boy Jimmi came up to get his papers. I think I wrote about this in the 2019 crap thread.

Are you confused yet??

Well Jimmi Jr wants to come back up so Jimmi Sr ask Mommy for the ticket. Mommy has the cash but no Credit card so that is where I come in.

Spent the evening browsing Managua flights for end May - Only one really, 19 hours with a 14h lay over at SAL .

I say - Heck just take the bus to SAL and grab the flight from there, but no dice they want the easy route. As well there are 10 flights to YYZ from SAL almost every day not just the one from MGA - Well <shrug>

He will have to quarenteen 3 days in a federal controlled hotel and then 10 days at Jimmi Sr's house with regular check ups and tests.

Chilo is probably going to get the call for her shot tomorrow - Their target is May 17 or before.

Still no word for my day .. About 1/3 of my work from home co-workers have shot 1 already

Blog Entries

Jimmy - Our build guy - Is back on the job now - Apparently he stopped by Daniel's house to start quoting floor 2.

Only a couple months late Actually that is a good thing it has allowed us to squander away enough cash that he should be able to build continuously over the next 2 months.

In other news it looks like Christina has started to turn on the election show - Swelling music patriotic music in the back ground with a measured words towards DOS and Rosario.

The opposition will royal f_ck things up if they do not pick her - My opinion is Christina is the only one who can pull enough of the indifferent vote and maybe even the bunch who look in a quezzy way to Rosario..

Anyways - So starts the clock...

Blog Entries

Watching DOS and Rosario on the 9th anniversary of Borge's death.

1- He has an odd left sided limp and does not move his left arm - Mild stroke?

2- Rosario has a candle lit pentagram in the centre of the speech area

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seems like in the US the chain farmacies are stepping up to provide healthcare. Offered Moderna but the second shot was just 2 days before my presumed return flight/bus/taxi/leather personnel carrier return to Nic so I passed. Seems bad reactions are to the second shot. Hoping for a Johnson 1-shot and get it over with. With the spike in covid ground travel might be iffy in the near future.

Registered online for covid test at Walgreens for drive-thru test. Woman behind glass wall quite huffy because I didn;t have my mask on sitting in my own car alone. Nic DL would not serve as ID because they do not have birthdate on them, but this is not my first rodeo and I had my passport, No charge, they said online that insurance covered it ($129) I don't know what insurance, but who am I to question. Said 24 hours, negative results in email about 8 hours later. It was the rub-your-own cheeks test while the nice lady watches and counts down.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Watching DOS and Rosario on the 9th anniversary of Borge's death.

1- He has an odd left sided limp and does not move his left arm - Mild stroke?

2- Rosario has a candle lit pentagram in the centre of the speech area
    By candlelight.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

By candlelight.....
    She is downright loopy - Or it is a calculated poke at the church - Probably equal parts of both...

She is downright loopy - Or it is a calculated poke at the church - Probably equal parts of both...
    Downright loopy. But still very dangerous

Blog Entries

Ran across this Bus on the import site and thought it would be such a hoot to drive it down and blast by people as they wave me down..

Bongo Bus
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

We got our notification for shots today (Link with confirm code texted to our phones)

When I get home from work I will click through the links hoping for a similar appointment times ....

Ahh the mind soothing nanobots flowing in the veins - Wonder if it will be the same as finding religion

Ran across this Bus on the import site and thought it would be such a hoot to drive it down and blast by people as they wave me down..

Bongo Bus
    Price is right. Load it up, inside and and on top. Crawl down, off load at the Nica border, hire someone to transport your goods, and just abandon the bus at the border.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Price is right. Load it up, inside and and on top. Crawl down, off load at the Nica border, hire someone to transport your goods, and just abandon the bus at the border.
    Or drive it back to the Guat/Honduran border and sell it to the vultures - Or so says my BIL.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast