Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: 2021 - Fresh crap...

Default Re: 2021 - Fresh crap...

. As well she said that the company as a whole is having a real hard time to retain experienced people as many in their mid 50's and early 60 are looking to leave. It is the leaving that kills them, they are actually very pleased to offer long term employees part time employment - If I can finagle 6 months on, 6 months off in 2023, or even 2022 - I would be really happy.

Every expat's wet dream.
    Nicaragua is easier to take in 6 month increments.
    Plus,, you always need something . . . . . . more . . . that is difficult to get here.

Blog Entries

You should be on that like White on Rice, you would go nuts doing Nica yr round, do it as long as you can.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My original plan was 4 months on and 4 months off, and that was before I heard the Rest of The Story. Boy did I screw up, here for 10-11 months at a time, often without even escaping from the Segovias for some MH days. It was always weird when I turned that corner by Telica heading for Leon. A strange feeling came over me, like I was in a time machine taking me from medieval times to the 20th Century.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

THe church where Chilo and I were married had 2 congregations - One spanish at 10:30 and a french/creol Hattian service at 1. There would be an intermingiling after our service ended and theirs prepared to start. I would sit and chat with their pastor

Their pastor name is Lecoutia (sp?) and his wife (never knew hr name). There was an announcement last Sunday that both were in very serious condition - Covid - In a local ICU - Both on ventilators.

While still on the Covid front - BIL David, the one with the stroke, is on a floor of his building that has 4 or 5 cases. As well SIL in exile - Nella - Was found to be covid positive in recent tests as well. AND thye have been congregating at BIL Luis's house. Chilo is not opening the door for any one and we delivered a loaf of Banana bread youngest son whipped up. Chilo delivered it with a mask, even though I told her a mask makes not difference, it is them who need to mask up when you come. They did not.

We (all the people working in building #6, in cubical) had to move upstairs this week as construction of B6 first floor is being made into manufacturing space. The new cameras (sold in pairs (one almost 500K the second about 250K) is selling like hot cakes and they have to expand the space. I now have a desk that can be standup or sit down with a push of a button - It is nice to stand for a couple 3 hours a day.
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 06-22-2021 at 01:45 PM.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

So all things must end - This time it is the camp.

Originally 2020 was going to be the last year - then Covid happened and the decision to work 2 more years, we decided we would give it one more year. This is arbitrarily set to end at the end of July.

By word of mouth we have some serious inquiries and expect we will have a buyer before the end of July. 14 summers in there - it was a good run. Each weekend worked out to something like $180 CDN ( about $140US) in fees. Maybe a fleeting tear will be shed.

Blog Entries

Another covid death--the father of the house of the Flying Bandits passed away. Drove by almost everyday checking on his son's house. We waved and occasionally chatted. Seems he went to Oriental and caught the cuties. 60ish and in good health, but he waited 2 weeks before seeking medical care according to his niece.

The fickle finger.
    This virus has been hard to understand .

60 is not that old.
    Trump survived at 74.

I hope that we learn from this one, but I suspect that we won't.
    The next one won't be so easy.

Blog Entries

Well the camp trailer is sold - One of the first chapters in moving down south that is tangible. Sold to a family in their 30's with 3 kids. I do have to get the furnace running (Did so already - new board) fix a tip out and finish up a wall that had a leak 4 yrs back.

We have to the end of July.

Dougla seems to be running into issues with his Isuzu cabover truck and the Mazda SUV I mentioned a few weeks back - Seems like his inside guy in Aduna can not grantee a smooth import of the Mazda and the amount quoted is not enough to allow him to make a profit on the Car. He may just drive down the Isuzu.

It looks like Neuvo Leyon is just a mess these days WRT crossings into MX - Big thanx to Kevin for the FB link for mexico travel - The info I see coming by is gold.

The Galloper is still waiting its place in line for the train, with weekends unencumbered in August I can get bot the Prado ready for CA/US/MX travel and the Galloper all set for the Dec trip to Ortega-landia.

This is an Isuzu box truck ?
    What size ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    This is an Isuzu box truck ?
    What size ?
    I have a picture, well Chilo does - Trying to find it now - I would say 20 footer - chassis only

OK - Got it - My bad a Fuso (Mitsubishi) - How Nica is this picture??
    Attached Images Attached Images

what year is the cab over truck? Are those exempt from the 10 year import rule?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billbudsocket View Post

It sure looks like pre 2011 - Family has always had very good luck for importing trucks that are greater than 10 yrs old - That is one of the reasons I am getting the Galloper dual titled to Chilo and she will go to the local offices to see if it can be imported (2000) - If yes then I will buy another, 5 door galloper, from Korea again and drive it down to be registered in Nicaragua in 2022.

Blog Entries

Well it looks we may have found the vehical - a 2006 "Troupie" has come up for sale at a reasonable price - Daniel will be taking it to Don Luis, a cousin. in Reparto Shik, to have a look at it. Don Luis works on Tica and Nica buses from time to time and a steady stream of old school buses.

The Troupie, for those who don't know, is the 70 series Landcruiser - Just like the ambulance but with bench seating in the back. A lethargic, but damn near indestructible, 4.2L straight 6 diesel.

Daniel said he would be willing to store it and thinks it is just about time he can do some paid runs again - Just like before the 2018 stuff he was driving folks around for a few bucks a day.

With this he could take a gaggle of rasta haired hippies to the beach with their surf boards on the roof and possibly not spill their kibachi , kumbachi what ever - Can't be bothered to look it up.

Daniel and I also talked house - He is finding that the expanded 2nd floor I was looking for is actually very close in cost to the original design 2nd floor - So we are probably going to go with that next - This would make a 39x 29 (oblong) 2nd floor rather than a 24x29 2nd floor.

The rules seem to change with little notice.
    But,, pickups and passenger vehicles are now subject to the 10 year rule, as well as buses, but big trucks are not

People HAVE managed to import vehicles outside the rules,, a friend brought in a small pickup, and managed to get it imported for "parts".

Who you know and who you blow has always been an important part of the Nicaraguan culture.

Blog Entries

That kombacho shit, back around first of year I visited a friend she start telling me about making it, how good it is, how good for you, on and on, then is trying to give me some. If is so damn good why you trying to give it away, keep that shit for yourself. I think in sjds they sell that crap.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Mombacho kombacho! I had to look it up. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/in...o-538/kombucha

Blog Entries

So we go shot #2 Friday - No issue other than a sore shoulder. Police Chief Larkin was sitting behind us in the waiting area - He is a popular guy with a good 5 people greeting him aside from us when waiting our 15 min.

Daniel is going for his first shot Thursday in Masaya hopefully he can snag a dose.

Other BIL Edward received his new bank card this week - Chilo has to buy something up here with it to activate it and then send it down to him in Niclandia to start using it.

Other BIL Edward received his new bank card this week - Chilo has to buy something up here with it to activate it and then send it down to him in Niclandia to start using it.

Absolute best way to move small sums of money I am convinced.

Blog Entries

yup, been sucking the ATM for years although depositing a personal check was easier and cheaper pre street festival.

I have them ship cards without activating them for security, then I activate them online using VPN. In a pinch, somebody could activate them by talking to the robot on the original landline in the States if it is still in the family.

Blog Entries

Chilo and I are married today 29 yrs.

Daniel had shot 1 Thursday

Marta shot #2 last Tuesday - Eldest Edward, who took Marta kicking and screaming for her first, took her for the 2nd as well.

The Trailer deal is done. We give it up July 31 - A 1/4 of our life was there - It will be missed - Now time to focus on Masaya and Meldrum bay.

The troupie (Toyota) we were looking at sold - Guess that is a good thing . So back to seeing if Chilo can talk to Aduna with the ownership of the Galloper we have now, on importing it, and then if that is given as an affirmative I can get another from Korea and drive it down next year.

The drive to Masaya is still set for early Dec or late Nov.

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Chilo and I are married today 29 yrs.

Daniel had shot 1 Thursday

Marta shot #2 last Tuesday - Eldest Edward, who took Marta kicking and screaming for her first, took her for the 2nd as well.

The Trailer deal is done. We give it up July 31 - A 1/4 of our life was there - It will be missed - Now time to focus on Masaya and Meldrum bay.

The troupie (Toyota) we were looking at sold - Guess that is a good thing . So back to seeing if Chilo can talk to Aduna with the ownership of the Galloper we have now, on importing it, and then if that is given as an affirmative I can get another from Korea and drive it down next year.

The drive to Masaya is still set for early Dec or late Nov.
    congrats on your 29th
    and good luck on your drive down amigo

Blog Entries

Congrats on 29....
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Thanx for the congrats

Again we were reminded from all of the congratulants on FB on how they all pissed off from the reception once the booze was gone those 29 yrs ago.

BIL David rented a limo - Chilo took the limo to the church and we took the limo to the reception hall. Once the reception ran out of Booze about 10 of them took the limo through downtown Kitchener as Chilo and I cleaned the hall, stacked chairs and put away tables - Her in her wedding gown sand trane and me in my rented tux sans jacket.

That memory lead to discussions in how in Samoza's time Chilo and Carmen would sweep the street, paint some posts, Paint some fire hydrants and some other odd jobs and afterwards Somazs's operators would pile them all on a bus to Granada for food and fun - all in contrast to Today's 42/19 calibrations.

Blog Entries

I got a feeling Daniel is running out of booze, may be stacking chairs soon.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    I got a feeling Daniel is running out of booze, may be stacking chairs soon.
    She works hard for the money...

So hard for it Honey...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678