Thread: Google News, May 13, 2021

Blog Entries

Default Google News, May 13, 2021

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ May 13, 2021
    NEWS
    Citizens Work To Expose COVID's Real Toll In Nicaragua As Leaders Claim Success NET Nebraska
    There's just one problem: Doctors and critics of the government say Nicaragua's numbers are fake. They accuse the Central American country's longtime ...

Almagro: “Nicaragua Headed for Worst Possible Election” Havana Times
    HAVANA TIMES – The Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS), Luis Almagro, said Wednesday that Nicaragua is heading for ...

Nicaraguan opposition fails to strike deal to unite ahead of elections - KFGO News
    Nicaragua ruling party ups advantages in run-up to elections - WTOP
    Full Coverage

Most Air Traffic to Nicaragua Continues On Hold Havana Times
    The tourist companies have repeatedly petitioned the Nicaraguan government to revise, modify and negotiate the measures they've imposed. Leonardo ...

Citizens Work To Expose COVID's Real Toll In Nicaragua As Leaders Claim Success NPR
    MEXICO CITY — COVID-19 is ravaging Latin America, but one country, Nicaragua, insists it's tackling the pandemic better than any of its neighbors.

Nicaragua ruling party ups advantages in run-up to elections San Francisco Chronicle
    MANAGUA, Nicaragua (AP) — As Nicaragua President Daniel Ortega seeks a fourth consecutive term in November, he's pulling all the levers at his ...

Opposition Alliance for Nicaragua Fails to Unite Havana Times
    Alleging time had run out, the CxL then registered separately with Nicaragua's Supreme Electoral Council. By Confidencial. HAVANA TIMES – On ...

Permanent Council Addresses the Situation in Nicaragua usmission.gov
    However, the Ortega regime refused to take any step that would allow the Nicaragua people to choose their own course through free and fair elections ...

Sandinista Front to register its alliance for Nicaragua's elections Prensa Latina
    Managua, May 12 (Prensa Latina) The ruling Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN) will register on Wednesday the Nicaragua Triunfa United ...

What Nicaraguans need to know to travel to Costa Rica as tourists Confidencial
    Nicaraguans lined up on the border between Costa Rica and Nicaragua to be tested for Covid-19. Photo: EFE/Jeffrey Arguedas. A 'covid test' result is ...

Gregg D. Butikofer Legacy.com
    In lieu of flowers the family suggests memorials to St. John's Mission to Nicaragua, 215 S Lincoln St., Lombard, IL 60148 or Orphan Grain Train, PO Box ...

WEB
    Investing in rural people in Nicaragua International Fund for Agricultural Development
    IFAD's strategy in Nicaragua supports the efforts of farmers' organizations and the government to increase inclusive growth in the agricultural sector as ...

Chlorinated Hydrocarbons in Coastal Lagoons of the Pacific Coast of Nicaragua Repositorio UNAN-Managua
    The following coastal areas were investigated: Estero Real, Estero. Padre Ramos, Esteros Naranjo–Paso Caballos, and the estuary of the river San ...

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Google News, May 13, 2021

"Vice President Kamala Harris is scheduled to hold talks with Mexico about a scheme to pay would-be migrants to stay home and plant trees." https://thenationalpulse.com/analysi...lanting-trees/

Let it not be said that our border czar is not addressing the “root” causes.
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    "Vice President Kamala Harris is scheduled to hold talks with Mexico about a scheme to pay would-be migrants to stay home and plant trees." https://thenationalpulse.com/analysi...lanting-trees/

Could I get in on that?
    I was planning on finally planting some coffee this year,, now that there is someone here to take care of it.

How much is she paying ?
    I want real money,, not BJ's .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post

God Bless the USA. This could be best shit ever, in the last month have been talking to some Mexicans about a tree plantation. I have my letter from Uncle Joe, thanking me for taking "free" money, and back side in Spanish should help with financing on Mexican end.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

While not a fan of subsidy to solve a problem, it is clear that the current mindset of enforcement is doing nothing more than employing people to watch a border that is too porous to watch.

Don't see any other ideas being floated

Mind you people always seem to miss the 20 to 25% (Depending on who you reference) of illegals that are not from south of the Rio grand .
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phase 2-- pay illegals to guard the trees from the neighbors who want free firewood. One of my original pipedreams was to do a reforestation project here till I found out I had to pay a fulltime guard. So I planted espadilla (giant yucca) which nobody likes. Except me. Its useless, like me. They don't even eat the flowers here.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

On the Island fire wood has become a scarce commodity, first 2 yrs I had tons, gave it away, after that I have always hoarded it for pig killings and such. On an almost daily basis you can see women and children passing my place, headed up to the Bush to try and find some firewood, ain't much left.

I had talked a good bit to an NGO in Florida about trees for firewood and came close to planting, would have been ok at first as people would have just thought was another of my experiments, once they figured out it was firewood, could not have assembled a big enough dog army to protect it.

Few years ago I nearly witnessed a mass killing, group of Indians had gone up to the Bush looking wood, about half the group came out with Quintal sacks full of Mango. Some neighbors went to investigate, found rest of group chopping the tree up, killed 2 birds with 1 machete, Hell of a lot easier to pick Mango with the tree on the ground, and firewood to boot.....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's where I had my parting with the watermelon environmentalists years ago. The "unsustainable" thing in the world is H. sapiens and it is a real philosophical argument if 1st world or 3rd world H. sapiens are the worst.
    Ever since, I have been a believer in private nature reserves, with guards, press spokesmen, and lawyers.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.